It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer-causing isotope found in Fukushima groundwater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Cancer-causing isotope found in Fukushima groundwater

rt.com

Elevated levels of cancer-causing radioactive isotopes have been discovered in the groundwater of the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan, the plant’s operator has revealed. Highly toxic strontium-90 was present at 30 times the allowable rate, tests showed.

Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), the owner of the wrecked plant, said that tests showed levels of strontium in groundwater had increased by 100 times since the end of last year, TEPCO official Toshihiko Fukuda told reporters. Strontium-90 is a byproduct of nuclear fission, and if ingested can cause bone cancer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Now i realize this is pretty serious stuff here, i hadn't help but find it coincidental that with all the NSA spying and the FBI drone use on Americans, its a perfect opportunity to steal some of the lime light.

Also, what happened to the Fukushima forum? Did the plant just stop melting down and revert its radiation leak.
I know it hasn't been in the news in a long time but the problems never went away.

What do you think ATS? Is someone trying to draw attention off of the US Government?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe the world just dont care about japan anymore?

But if that's in ground water, japan is an island......fish can absorb this dangerous isotope, and people eat fish.

I fear we really screwed up with nuke plants, now our children and their children will be dealing with the aftermath.

I think they knew all along and are now coming to light with it to steer people away from Homeland issues.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This thread still sees a lot of activity:
Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake, page 1384
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted some in the beginning but there are some strong observers still pumping out the info.

Good find, star.

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Maybe the world just dont care about japan anymore?

But if that's in ground water, japan is an island......fish can absorb this dangerous isotope, and people eat fish.

I fear we really screwed up with nuke plants, now our children and their children will be dealing with the aftermath.

I think they knew all along and are now coming to light with it to steer people away from Homeland issues.

Greetings:

Thank you for your interest.

Regarding fish:

NukaTuna - The Last Fish in the Sea

And this may be of interest:

“I Have Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
considering fukushima was no where near the level of chernobyl i am surprised people here still big it up as major

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NateHatred

It was far far bigger than chernobyl. 6 reactors, with Mox, and a mushroom cloud, and in the end, ruined reactors, where the melted goo already the station and they're not telling us that its causing mayhem to mother earth.

Very bad situation.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by NateHatred

It was far far bigger than chernobyl. 6 reactors, with Mox, and a mushroom cloud, and in the end, ruined reactors, where the melted goo already the station and they're not telling us that its causing mayhem to mother earth.

Very bad situation.

wrong,
radiation (msv) released
fukushima 72900
chernobyl 200000+

do your homework

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
people post nonsense hopefully the scaremonger gets a cancer, or has to watch a family member die of, posting such baseless facts lands on your head, die scum die

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateHatred
considering fukushima was no where near the level of chernobyl i am surprised people here still big it up as major

Greetings:

Since no one else has risen to the bait, we'll ask the simple question:
How can you make such a statement?

Chernobyl was 10 days... Fukushima is now 850 days... and counting...
Fukushima - with three melt-throughs - continues today with no end in sight.

FALLOUT CLOCK - Time since Mar 11, 2011 2:46 PM Fukushima, Japan

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Also, what happened to the Fukushima forum? Did the plant just stop melting down and revert its radiation leak.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also the disaster is no longer unfolding. The reactor is not "melting down" it has melt down. Which is why it gets far less attention.
edit on 20/7/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Brilliant a reply to: thorfourwinds

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
mmm...haven't taken a deep look at the article. but just based on op's post, if high radiation is in groundwater, how far can contamination spread?

it may be very difficult to do damage control at this point. i beleive around 50 years ago, world was at crossroads: when the atom was splitted ,people went with nuclear energy.

had they gone with something else, we may not have this problem today. radiaton from accident stay for hundreads of year...

new topics

top topics

join