It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll be uploading our entire MINDS to computers by 2045 Google expert claims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The Matrix still had living bodies in pods, and they were using their imagination/minds to enter into a holographic dream world, but their mind/spirit was in their bodies, interfacing with the program, not uploaded into it. Their bodies still died.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by cody599

What I'm waiting for, is being able to upload information into our brains. If they can conquer that, then there would be no need for schools as we know it. In order to apply the uploaded information, they would have to incorporate "skill" learning centers to apply the uploaded information into an applied physical skill.

edit on 19-6-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

...Now you open a whole new bag of worms. Who would know what evil minds would upload information that control you like a programmed robot. What happens if you get a virus?

yeah but you'd still need the ability to recall said info
Unless you could upload a total recall app.
We could all be like Arnie
At work now but I'll be back
Cody

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Does this ultimately mean, as I won't last till this comes about - if it does - that I won't recognise some of my grand children and great grandchildren?

The technology sounds great for getting rid of health problems but would my mind eventrually be in some form of hive? Can you imagine a hive of human minds - we'd be bickering eternally or till someone had the sense to pull the plug.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Most being rather jokingly optimistic about this?
This sort of question might or should cause great strife.

In my opinion they let nuclear technology get away from us, surely they have to be thinking to control things like this.

I want my son to grow up and experience the world not a simulation, not a mess.

Dont get me wrong I see potential and it appeals to my desire to live a long, healthy enjoyable life but at what costs.

As with things like nanotechnology, robotics, bio-tech and digital I think this should be more open to public influence not just small debates after the fact.

Life is a special thing and things that can have a large effect should be well looked after.

Possibly this could be looked at as a false Heaven. Those who dont believe near the end of their lives would jump on it. The real question of your true belief

Sorry to get all deep in your tech thread

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Note the gap between the mouse and one human brain, if that difference means culture, art, space exploration then we have an interesting time ahead of us. I guess that is why I have been developing my coding skills, I wont need/want to upload my mind though, I can naturally have out of body experiences for that kind of stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I think the gov has the ability to make you drop dead whenever they want already.
They're flying drones over their own citizens now.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I believe that yes, it can, in the future at least. Google has also prediced we will be getting in serious relationships at least by 2100. This reminds me of Stargate Universe :S
You say humans are suppoused to die naturally...
Humans used to live to the age of 25 back in the early farming communities. That was very natural. Do you want to be so natural as to die at the age of 25? I mean no offense, I am just saying the facts. Sorry if that was abit...rude

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've been interested in Ray Kurweil - Transcendent Man - ever since he appeared on Colbert.

Fascinating #.

We are becoming the Borg (Star Trek fans)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have long wondered about the implications of immortality and what It would mean for a human being. But before we get any further into it, let me just state that humans were designed with the desire to live happy, healthy lives. People do not get tiring of living because they are enjoying themselves, eating amazing meals, spending quality time with their families, being healthy enough to have something to always look forward to, to see their beautiful children grow up, to see their entire families together during the holiday, and create unforgettable memories that will stick in their hearts as long as they have breath left in their lungs. Isn't wonderful to enjoy the pleasures of life, the ones that makes us wonder, that makes us look up at the sky, and no matter what our believes are, become engulfed in a feeling that can only be positive and rather overwhelming. Life is not boring , and with the immense variety of things we have yet to discover an do, i think any person in their right mind would have the desire to really want to become a part of the extraordinary, because the extraordinary happens every day, just look at the news. Children being saved by new medical breakthroughs, people having a better quality of life after brushing up against death in a very scary way.

You see, it is not the good things in life that makes us want to die, and look at the death as a natural clean out process that allows others to come after you and continue their legacy. The child that is about to loose his mother because of lung cancer, they newlywed couple that just finds out that the bride has a congenital heart deffect an she won't be around anymore. The child with down syndrom that will never be able to reach their full potential, the husband that struggles to find the strength as his wife slowly rottens in a hospital room. The war veteran that has seen atrocities that will hunt them forever, and now all he can do to escape is drink his life away to forget, to get away from the regrets that will not let him sleep at night. For many people, death is the only relive to the suffering, the only logical explanation, and that is understandable.

But at the end of the day, life is one of the biggest miracles that the universe has provided to us, on top of our personal, innate desire to learn more, to really find our purpose here. If we could do exactly what we love to do for eternity, without having to worry about the negative things, I believe our lives will generate true meaning an will remind us of the internal survival instinct that we all have.....eternity is in our blood.

Now, with that said, I am not sure if this 2045 project will get all this accomplished. It seems like a really daunting task with a lot a variables in it that we don;t yet know how they are going to be accomplished, and if the quality of life will be an improvement over the old quality of life. There are many challenges to be successful at doing this, but with the way things have evolved lately, this could very well be our next step into the evolutionary process (btw, I am not an advocate for evolution, but I do believe things evolve, or transform themselves to become better to achieve a successful end result. We were given highly intelligent brains in order to create solutions for ourselves.....could this means that we are supposed to take human evolution on our own hands and create the ultimate survival method for human beings to become ultimately a higher species?

Of course there are going to be challenges and a lot of opposition. We are going to have to find a way to deal with bugs, super intelligent sentient beings and a posible increase in intelligence that could turn some people evil. But, isn't that what human civilization has done all along for thousands of years. If we want to progress as a race, risks must be taken in order to achieve success.

I actually wrote this post in regards to those that I hear saying they don't want to live longer than their are supposed to. I have been in deathbeds with people that have left to live, people that knew that they only had hours left. No matter how drugged they were at that time, the fear still came out of their eyes, even if they didn't say a single word. It is not natural for us to die, we have never been able to accept it. That why people look up to religion, to find the hope that this life is not all there is. And that is why I have also seem atheists cry uncontrollably at the sight of a loved one dying. There is no hope, it is all black and white for them, as they are convinced that is simply the end.

Will this 2045 initiative ever come to fruition, I have no idea. My point to make is that a great long lasting life is not a bad thing, it is the bad things we encounter in this world that makes us wish life wasn't eternal. Even for people that feel that way, when the heart stops, their biggest fear will not be dying, it will be missing all the great things that have yet to come.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I just realised that I'd like to add to my previous post on this thread.

Yes, new technology is advancing very quickly...Nanotechnology is becoming possible, and soon will be available. Things that those only 30 years ago we would dream of, are coming to reality. Scientist have just come up with a way to replace the needle-it's abit like a sticker filled with vaccine. You stick it on your hand and over the period of about 10 minutes to 1 hour the vaccine is all inside you, just from a sticker. It doesn't need to be kept at -5C, instead it can be kept in temperatures as high as 30C.

Many here say that technology will not advance that fast in 30 years. I say it will. Let me give you 2 historical examples:
1) The advent of flight. The day before the Wright Brothers first flight, noone belived that humans would ascend into the heavenly realms, that it was impossible. The flight took place in 1903. About 30 years later, in 1936, in the Spanish Civil war, the first major air crossing to place. The Nazi Germany's airforce flied to Africe, took on Spanish Nationalist troops, and flied them over to Spain. The Nationalist proceeded to take over Spain. Just 30 years earlier, the day before the wright brothers first flight, the sky was though the place of birds and "god".
And just 60 years after the wright brothers first flight (about 65 actually), the humans went to the moon. Who the **** would have believed in 1903 that just in 60 years, a man would walk on the moon. That is what happens when technology advances. If the technology advances, it will advance faster and faster and the rate of advences in technology will increase. New technology will be invented faster and faster. That is why I believe this will be possible. To the guy who says there should be a movement to stop this: If technology is supressed *AT ALL*, it will stagnate and stop developing. Just like there were no technological advances in europe in the dark ages.

Another thing I want to point out...earlier on I meantioned that nanotechnology [and MUCH, much more] is being developed. Humans will one day live 1000 years, and more. The truth is, I would prefer my mind being uploaded onto the internet/a large computer rather than live longer...Many of you have mentioned "the mind" will never transfer. This brings in an interasting argument...How do the victims of heart attack get brought back? Are their lives fake too? Are they just AI's? Some people have been dead for 24 hours, and brough back to life. A great example is the very young man from Japan, in Japan. Is all his life "fake" because he was dead for 24 hours? I believe that the brain could be stimulated to have all the chemical responses that are suppoused to be there. That is all I have to say. :3

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
OK well let say they haven done it already say like 30 years ago...

Montuck Project for example ...

hmm some movies that may be giving truthfull hints !

Brainstorm

STRANGE DAYS - Trailer ( 1995 )

Johnny Mnemonic (1995) Trailer

MINORITY REPORT (2002) Trailer

Truth be told they are working on it it been threaded already here on ATS a Proven Fact...

see look around see about the Illuminati and movies!! they are involved with ...

Here the Facts....

How Technology May Soon "Read" Your Mind
www.cbsnews.com...

UC Berkeley Scientists 'See' Movies in the Mind
abcnews.go.com...

Article:
Like 'Inception,' Scientists See Inside Dreamers' Minds
Remy Melina
Date: 16 July 2010 Time: 09:10 AM ET
www.livescience.com...

And here it is.....

Scientists Successfully ‘Hack’ Brain To Obtain Private Data
By Peter V. Milo
August 25, 2012 1:56 AM
seattle.cbslocal.com...

BERKELEY, Calif. (CBS Seattle) – It sounds like something out of the movie “Johnny Mnemonic,” but scientists have successfully been able to “hack” a brain with a device that’s easily available on the open market. Researchers from the University of California and University of Oxford in Geneva figured out a way to pluck sensitive information from a person’s head, such as PIN numbers and bank information. The scientists took an off-the-shelf Emotiv brain-computer interface, a device that costs around $299, which allows users to interact with their computers by thought. The scientists then sat their subjects in front of a computer screen and showed them images of banks, people, and PIN numbers. They then tracked the readings coming off of the brain, specifically the P300 signal. The P300 signal is typically given off when a person recognizes something meaningful, such as someone or something they interact with on a regular basis.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Its possible, definitely. They are missing somthing though. While its probably possible to transfert the content of your brain, the mind and soul wont follow. What you will be uploading is bits of your brain which is not you but a shadow of you. It will never work out as they expect. But im still curious about the results. What will happen to what they uploaded? Will it go frenzy when it sees it feels nothing as it should and lack many things it had when in a flesh body? After all what would happen if, hypothetically, only your brain's memory got transfered, the rest (consciousness and soul) going where it should go (you dont wanna know)? It would be not you but just memories of you sent into a machine. Terminator anyone?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Only one question Cody, if I lose my mind, will I beable to get a back-up copy from Google Cloud, NSA or do I have to try to remember an off-site back up password to gain access?

I figure the NSA won't share unless I pay for it even though it was mine to begin with.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wow

Some very insightful replies and definitely food for thought. So firstly thank you all for your input.

Those of you that know me here will know that my threads usually nosedive into a comedy fest, and that's just the way I like it. But just occasionally something thought provoking comes along and whilst still having fun some very disturbing ideas are discussed.

To my my friends, thanks for keeping it light hearted, to those I don't know yet thank you for your input it is fascinating.

I personally haven't given an opinion yet and it would be remiss of me not to in my own thread.

Firstly you should know I'm not religious, but I do believe the soul lives on after death and continues to experience learning.

To explain my beliefs would be a whole new thread which I may do on my 10th ATS anniversary but I've got few ideas for that to sort out yet and time to do so.

I would happily upload my mind for future generations to access, not that there is anything interesting there

Unless you want to know how to build fine furniture or farm pigs.

I believe my soul would move on and I would continue to grow as a (for want of a better word) being.
I would love for my estranged children to know my thought process and understand why I left from my perspective ,no filters, no poison just the undeniable truth.

Yeah that would cool

Cody

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
reply to post by cody599

Only one question Cody, if I lose my mind, will I beable to get a back-up copy from Google Cloud, NSA or do I have to try to remember an off-site back up password to gain access?

I figure the NSA won't share unless I pay for it even though it was mine to begin with.

Bing have a backup site
If not there's still plenty of room on my old 16K floppy, I'm not as clever or interesting as I thought I was

Cody

edit on 20/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Right.
And we'll have flying cars too.

Where's my flying car dangit!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

nvrmnd

edit on 6/20/2013 by hoagy1199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There would have to be studies done. I think that only certain people will have the psychological capacity to live in a virtual state. Most people I think would go insane pretty quickly.

Course the questions then arise;

When a human consciousness goes insane, is it murder to delete that information?
Would a power outage at the storage facility cause mass fatalities?
Would people be set free out on the internet? capable of downloading bits and pieces of themselves into people's hard drives? Perhaps then replicating themselves like a virus all over the internet?

So many questions to ask when this does become a reality.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I'm not such a hardcore conpiracy theorist. Are there government coverups? Definetely? Have they invented this 30 years ago? I highly doubt it.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

They could just stimulate everything...Electrochemical activity et cetera can be stimulated instead. Also, that assumes we have a soul. Personally, I believe that the brain is a collection of electrochemical impulses so when you die, you are just there untill the electricity dissipates and you dissapear.
A Japanese guy fell into a frozen river and survived...he was dead for 24 hours, untill they restarted his heart, and he had no brain damage. Does that mean that the second you "ressurect" your "soul" will be retured to your body? Personally, I believe the energy that was released (the soul that eventually dissapears) realised it was waning and was linked to that brain so it automatically returned the second the body was alive again. That also means that if you upload the brain to a computer, it would stay there. The "soul", I believe, is the electronic impulses left over from the brain so that it eventually dissapears, unless the electronic impulses can find a new "host", hence reincarnation. If it doens't, it simply dissapears. That is my belief anyway.

About using this for space exploration, you could upload the people onto the ship and make it so that the computer is in control of the ship...Since the people ARE the computer, they would collectively be in control of the space ship.

About people going insane there, I must disagree. I highly doubt a person would go mad...unless they literally put him in "quarantine". Here is how I think it should work: There is a basic virtual enviroment that lets the people experiment and create. There should also be holograffic interfaces right across...everywhere. Perahaps you wouldn't even need to store them on a computer, just unleash them onto the internet...that might be a bad idea though.

edit on 20-6-2013 by omass because: Additional information.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join