It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll be uploading our entire MINDS to computers by 2045 Google expert claims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Thanks, but no thanks. It is the natural cycle for men to die. When my time comes, I prefer to die with dignity rather than continue to exist as a machine. Can a machine love? Feel joy or sorrow? Without such are we even human? Again, no thanks.

Without such, then IMHO no.
But what if our virtual minds could feel the same emotions albeit generated and we couldn't tell the difference ?

Hmmmmmmm this came to mind

What would happen to the soul ? Assuming you believe in that and God etc. ?

Would your mind 'live on' and your soul continue on it's journey or would that stop ?

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The real question is whose minds would society want to upload?

Would their be ethical limits? For instance would you want to preserve the mind of a sex offender for ever?

How about minds of people who are just plain stupid?

Who will determine whose mind gets uploaded? What criteria would be used for selection?

Virtual Darwin awards ?
That could be fun.

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Thanks, but no thanks. It is the natural cycle for men to die. When my time comes, I prefer to die with dignity rather than continue to exist as a machine. Can a machine love? Feel joy or sorrow? Without such are we even human? Again, no thanks.

Without such, then IMHO no.
But what if our virtual minds could feel the same emotions albeit generated and we couldn't tell the difference ?

Hmmmmmmm this came to mind

Would your mind 'live on' and your soul continue on it's journey or would that stop ?

Cody

Would your mind truly live on? I guess as long as you have the money to pay Microsoft for yearly subscription fees...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
what happens if AI intervenes why ALL are in SLEEP mode or awake in simulation but unawake in body? I guess 1 is recommending a supporting AI only activated if AI rouge detected. Rouge AI can come from electrical/energy malfunction SPAWNING anomalies... Thinks v.g. M.E.3 reapers And the AI alters time perspective in simulation to keep constant SLEEP mode in play?

NAMASTE*******
edit on 6/19/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The real question is whose minds would society want to upload?

Would their be ethical limits? For instance would you want to preserve the mind of a sex offender for ever?

How about minds of people who are just plain stupid?

Who will determine whose mind gets uploaded? What criteria would be used for selection?

It would be used for the purposes of "popular opinion". Except where "popular opinion" is in direct contradiction to POLICY, be it foreign or domestic.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I guess I just aee it differently than most here. I think that if humans have a purpose it is to evolve into Gods. This is the trick. Imagine your intelligence at a billion fold.

To boldly go, and all that.

My mind a billion fold

Hang on the wife's a teacher.................

Apparently 1 billion times zero is not a good thing

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Call me when we can upload our consciousness, until then, this isn't really useful to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Here is an even bigger question: What will happen to reproduction and child birth? If everyone lives forever in a robotic body will there no longer be any children and if there are (probably lab created) whose bodies will have to be shut down to make room for them? Also what about sexual relations? With inhuman bodies and no more risk of pregnancy or STDs will "humanity" become a cesspool of perversion? We are nearly that now even with fear of unwanted pregnancy and life threatening sexually transmitted disease. Too many questions....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

I'm usually unconscious by 9p.m.

Not a problem here

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Lets get crackin' on it!
I want to be the first to plug in.

I imagine this is why the aliens are so damn smart. They have achieved singularity. The technological advances would explode once this becomes reality. We will be cruisin' the galaxy in no time!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Could you be abducted on a flash drive?

Or PUT there by an angry spouse... to be tossed in a desk drawer never to be heard from again...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I uploaded my mind onto floppy disc years ago just in case i lost it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Telepathy? Nothing more than blue tooth.

Food? Just find me an electrical outlet.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Here is an even bigger question: What will happen to reproduction and child birth? If everyone lives forever in a robotic body will there no longer be any children and if there are (probably lab created) whose bodies will have to be shut down to make room for them? Also what about sexual relations? With inhuman bodies and no more risk of pregnancy or STDs will "humanity" become a cesspool of perversion? We are nearly that now even with fear of unwanted pregnancy and life threatening sexually transmitted disease. Too many questions....
reply to post by littled16

If the internet is anything to go by, and what Mrs C catches the kids surfing (hasn't caught me yet
it's a rough future,

Sexual relations I guess would be virtual.

Another question ........................ Will I still get a cuddle when I need one ?

It's a can of virtual worms

Cody

edit on 19/6/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I just finished a book series by Peter F Hamilton.
The Dreaming Void, The Temporal Void, and The Evolutionary Void.

Similar concept, except way further into the future.
People had the ability to have new bodies, any look they wanted.
No one ever had to die, they were just re-lifed from the computer chip that was a copy of them (at the last point of upload). Losing a few recent memories was still a possibility.

Earth didn't get too crowded, as we had already colonized other planets.
I loved the idea, you could live and evolve forever.

2045 - I just have to live to my late eighties.......

link   
Ever seen the show, "dollhouse" ?

So many interesting themes intertwined.

I tend to think we'll have some psycho genius screw it up for the whole lot of us before we make it to immortality. . Just because he's bored and seeks entertainment through chaos and destruction.

link   
reply to post by Madrusa

Mines still on a Sinclair spectrum ZX64K loads of room left people

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Mind is the fourth of the seven spiritual principles in Man and should not be confused (as AI people do) with the brain. To make this mistake is like identifying a piece of software as a data file. The human mind is immaterial. Although it is perfectly possible that all sensory experiences as data files could in principle be uploaded to a computer if a suitable algorithm could be found to identify and suitably transform stored memories into electronic form, it is a huge philosophical error to declare that this is equivalent to uploading the human mind. But, of course, Google experts are not known for their philosophical sophistication. Instead, they are materialists who cannot see beyond their hard drives. So they will make such childish statements.

People should not be naive enough to regard such unsound predictions as credible.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The cool part will be when everything goes "smart" and we get little contact lenses that act as heads up computer displays. Once we have that, and have plugged in our own brains, we will be like real life wizards. I can't wait!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

2045 - I just have to live to my late eighties.......

Or its already happening snowspirit

NAMASTE*******

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join