It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentscoly
[SNIP]

Maybe you should have read the T and Cs before coming out with such language agentscoly?

You know that you will probably get this thread 404ed or at the very least get your post wiped off this thread?

Happy now?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 21-6-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

These haters are easier to swallow when we understand that their ignorant comments are a reflection on them and no one else.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
A large population of ATS is American. American politics is the most polarized since the Civil War 150 years ago. I think since so many citizens identify themselves in large part by their political affiliation, it can't help but flow over into the general public. From the general public to here is the final link in the chain.

There are so many issues that are being looked at as "either-or", rather than multifaceted complicated problems.

Debates or discussions only being looked at from one of two sides often leads to Ad hominem attacks, and the discussion essentially stops.

Dont get me wrong, I am not blaming Congress. Or the Dems or Reps.

But when the political discourse is as dysfunctional and two sided as it is currently, it is hard for that not to seep into the day-to-day.

The solution is of course easy to identify and hard to implement.

Dont feed the trolls, and for each of us to uphold a high standard in expressing our own opinions.

ATS is a great resource and fantastic place to discuss pretty much every important or interesting topic there is. I would be interested to see the statistics on how many members have joined in the last 18 months. I think that people with less invested in this site may be less inclined to treat it with respect.

And lastly, I am not saying that Americans are to blame for the partisan hatred and bigotry on ATS. Just that Americans make up a large population on the site, and the political problems NOT being dealt with bleed into the discussions here.

There are jerks from every country race religion and creed causing problems. I wonder how long the "trouble makers" have been ATS members for a short time?

There is still lots of great conversations and threads covering all sorts of topics, but I too would like to see a return to greater civility of the earlier years. It contributes to better conversation and in the end is just more pleasant.

At the end of the day, it is up to us.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

They are small little people,with small little minds,and tiny black hearts .
It's gods way of testing us.

A Buddhist monk ,would look at such a person ,put up one hand ,shake their head ever so slightly ,and turn and walk away .
They would not even engage them .

People who's enlightenment is so close to the ground ,cannot be taught ,reasoned with ,or have the capacity to understand life ,in its truest sense.
Rather than get upset ,and be forced to almost lower yourself to their level ,to just to get a word in ,its best to put up a hand,shake your head ever so slightly ,and turn and walk away .

If anyone wonders why I just stop posting on threads here ,its not that I cannot finish the argument,its just saying the same thing ,with proof 50 times,has no effect on people with lead for brains ,and base agendas .
I walk away .

Be a Buddhist monk ,and don't even let it phase you .
edit on 6/21/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Nice rant. I'll answer some of it. You see, many, many decades ago life was really nice. A husband would work, his wife would manage the house and the children would go to school and do kid things. One person working was enough to own a home, support a family, etc. Then some people started saying "I want to be accepted for ". People figured..."what the hell...it couldn't hurt". And now, here we are today. I won't rant on all the problems because we all know them.

Some people think that belief in a God helped us all. Some think that raising the previously "wrong" to the new "normal" was a bad idea. Some think keeping your own feelings to yourself instead of parading up and down the road wasn't such a big deal. We used to make people scared to commit crimes, we used to know the word "respect". But again...here we are.

So "why the hate?". I believe many just wish life was simple again and that this "I'm special and you have to accept me" is part of the problem. I agree to an extent. We are all special. But we don't need more labels to divide us. And we are today, more divided than at any time in history...that I remember.

That...and the government sucks

You totally ignore the fact that human civilization goes in a cycle. You want everything simple again like when Rome ruled the earth or when ghengis khan ruled the east? or when the UK owned the USA? how about the when it was simple and people of color were made slaves, humans go in a cycle, there is no good old days

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

LoL I honestly thought this would be 404'd by now, i was riding pretty close to breaking T&C. Anyways, the whole "troll" thing is being overused. There is a clear difference, which you can see here with many many ATS users, between being strong willed and opinionated and posting nothing but hate.

I guess some of the topics I mentioned kinda hit home for some people, my intention was not to complain that people don't agree with me. I don't WANT people to agree with me, where's the fun in that discussion? But I've just noticed this trend lately of useless posts that are nothing but hate. And then other posts that derail good threads. That's why instead of going on and feeding the troll, I created this thread.

--------

And I'll try to be clear for everyone who didn't get it. I'm not asking you to conform. I'm not even asking you to not hate whomever you hate. I'm asking them to follow the T&C and be constructive. Many simply can not. I feel bad for the mods more than the community as a whole, we see stuff, maybe reply, maybe ignore it, but they have to go clean it up.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I understand what you mean, but hating the haters will only add to the hater. The haters feed off of the hate. It's their food. If you remain calm and respond to the ignorance with logical information then the other people watching will know who is being immature and who is not.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join