It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Can't you racist homophobes find some other playground? Can't you all go form a club somewhere and bash whomever you want? Why can't you follow the same basic rules everyone else strives to follow?

I'm all for free speech. you don't have such rights here. Get over it. I'm all for everyone having their own opinions, but why even post a thread knowing you are trolling and being a dick?

In the spirit of the rant, I'd certainly ask...why the hate? Why the hate indeed...... Eh, Op?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

@OP,

I agree with you 100%, and wanted to weigh in before yet another thread challenging bigoted, hateful ATS'ers of one ilk or another gets shut down.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Can't you racist homophobes find some other playground? Can't you all go form a club somewhere and bash whomever you want? Why can't you follow the same basic rules everyone else strives to follow?

I'm all for free speech. you don't have such rights here. Get over it. I'm all for everyone having their own opinions, but why even post a thread knowing you are trolling and being a dick?

In the spirit of the rant, I'd certainly ask...why the hate? Why the hate indeed...... Eh, Op?

Why the hate indeed? I'd imagine because the OP doesn't like hateful, bigoted rhetoric by hatful, bigoted people. You know -- like some people hate Nazis. Would you ask such a person why he/she hates Nazis?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I should ask far more why someone would NOT hate Nazi's. Then again, I wouldn't call that "bigoted" (some people love that word...lol) I'd call it a mental health issue or profound ignorance of history. That's personal opinion though and we're all entitled to one without being called a bigot for having it. Not that you're calling anyone that, of course. Just so much of that going around lately...labeling people, I mean. Indeed... Entirely too much hate. That I do agree with.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Dropped quote for space

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dulce5cinco
reply to post by Night Star

It may be that some people are not racist who don't want "illegal" immigration. But then, what argument is used to say they shouldn't be here? What did they do to us? Let's flip that question; what have we done to them? The answers are undeniable. We took their land, we murdered their ancestors, and now they want to come make a living in the land that used to belong to their great-great-great-great grandmothers and grandfathers before they were slaughtered, and we have the nerve to tell them that they aren't welcome? Their is no shame in some people, no humility, and no ability to put aside their pride and selfishness to help others. But maybe I'm being too harsh. Maybe, and this wouldn't surprise me, most people don't realize that we killed millions of people to live hear. Maybe, they don't realize that we continue to prosper off of stolen land. I can only hope to combat that ignorance by stating the facts.

No one says that immigrants aren't welcome here, only 'illegal' ones. Illegal immigrants break laws, legal immigrants respect our laws.

As for going back into history, even Native Americans fought amongst themselves for land and food. Wars have been fought for land all over the world. I have some Native American ancestors who were almost completely wiped out by another tribe, not the white men. We can only deal with what we are facing here in our own time.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Woah.. Why just add to it? Why not just shut up and not make a ranting thread

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How come everybody can't conform like me? Waaaah.

It's not hate, it's very strong opinion. You're just suffering from niceness syndrome.

I get that you're suggesting that the haters go commit suicide. You want a hater genocide? What are you some kind of terrorist, shoving your exhaust down other people's throats? Murder on your mind?

Your best move is to be the change you want to create. That's it. No manipulation. No control. Just let them first amendment all over the place, but don't let it get to you.

Going to have to reinvent yourself, preen those ruffled feathers again, and just learn to choose what you want to respond to, and keep the megalomania down. Learn some logical debate skills, know what a fallacy is, know what a troll is, know what ad-hominem attack is. Defend your mushy little brain cells and realize they are just words on a screen, in your house. You have control over your response. Getting all issue-picking with the -isms of the life amateurs is a waste of clicky-ness.

Hate is generic, they are just finding easy targets. Fortify yourself to not take the bait.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm all for defending my beliefs. I won't lie, I can be aggressive about it.

But I'm not a troll, by any means.

I reply heatedly when I'm offended, or I feel someone is overlooking something that needs to be said, or hasn't been said. But not particularly to offend another person.

I agree OP, but I also agree that "troll" is overused and thrown around at the drop of a hat on ATS anymore. People often mistake defensive argument with trolling, and that I find really annoying.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ok for starters I applaud you for venting. However you just did what you complained about via the way you complained. You singled out groups you either hate or a few people whom hate you for what you believe in or who you are.

So let me approach you from a religious point of view. The proper way in how I believe it should be done. Do I believe that homosexuality is wrong ? Yes I do. Is it my business? nope it is not. You should approach these persons or groups from there view is my suggestion. Now let me educate if you do not know already about this so called unforgiving sin. Simply put it is NOT a unforgiving sin to be gay. Contrary to what most people think neither is suicide or any other made up reasoning done by what some people view as over bearing religious views. The true unforgiving sin is if you are one of the chosen/elected who Deny God.

My question to you is are these people God?

Did God grant these people a special permission slip to instantly judge you for who you are to lighten his load?

Chances are no on either. My advice is to ask them the same questions and direct the mentioned questions at those who claim to be children of God. I hope one day you do find God if you haven't already and that he fills your life.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Star and flag OP. I agree wholeheartedly with you.

Thing is, when we are interacting on ATS, we tend to forget (myself included) that although we view it as an alternative kind of place, in the end, it's just made up of the same kind of people you meet everyday in the street.

Sadly, most people are morons.

I suppose that we would like ATS to be a safe-haven from those kind of people, but at the end of the day, we're just going to have to make do with the morons, and call them out, just like IRL.

Don't let it get you down, and keep fighting the good fight. We'll rest when we're dead, right ?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Schools out. Kids are online, and they find trolling funny.

S&F
edit on 19-6-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

Skilled trolls are pretty entertaining to watch as the sucker people into a flame war. And they aren't even agitated. But they get their victims pretty worked up.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You did see the post where I said I loved everyone, including those I was referring to in the OP, right? I don't hate them at all, I think they are misguided. That said, I don't think they add anything to this community and only derail and distract. That's why I ranted instead of whining about it in unrelated threads.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I agree OP, but I also agree that "troll" is overused and thrown around at the drop of a hat on ATS anymore. People often mistake defensive argument with trolling, and that I find really annoying.

Good point. don't mistake my post as claiming anyone with a differing opinion is a troll, nothing of the sort. I guess you had to see the thread this was in direct response to for it to be clear.

Many people here have different opinions and can express them however they see fit, some do it well, some not so well. Then there's a chunk that just come here to spread hate, breaking the T&C as they wish, and really just making it hard to maintain a civil discussion.

"Illegals" keeps coming up, and that's a great example. I don't think anyone should be able to enter, and live in, my country or anyone else's illegally. granted I do know WHY they do, because they want a shot at a better life and that's the only option they see, immigrating to the US is a long and expensive process, I looked into it, I was going to do it myself.

But go into any immigration thread, you'll see people for it, against it, then the third party who is there merely to express their racism using "illegals" as a blanket term to skip around the T&C. Identical to the Israel threads, where you have people who support Israel 100%, people who don't support israel, then you have the third party, who are nothing but antisemites using "zionism" as a blanket term to spread racism.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by darkstar111

So let me approach you from a religious point of view. The proper way in how I believe it should be done. Do I believe that homosexuality is wrong ?

I'm not complaining about people who feel homosexuality is wrong, that's their view, it's how it's expressed is the key my friend. I find it distracting and disgusting, some of the vile hatred I've seen here.

P.S. This is a RANT. I wouldn't be complaining about these issues if they were relegated to the RANT section.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by votan

you are easily trolled aren't you?

How about....compassionate,caring, and wants to make a difference?

I am not compassionate lol stop spreading lies. Seriously though, pretty close. I just figure most of us (ignoring the RANT section of course) are able to express our views without being douche bags. I care about this site. I enjoy coming here, I enjoy the discourse and the people. Surprisingly enough, I also enjoy the heated debates, that's how you get ideas out there and conversations going.

I just look around sometimes and this is what I see taking over here:

Muslim baby murders are taking over
Those darned blacks just want free obama phones
those damn brown people took my job and land
homosexuality is killing family values

It's ridiculous. At least I choose to spread my hatred for the hate (never did i say i hate them as people even while suggesting they poison themselves) in the rant section where it belongs.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Don't you wish more people got it?

S&F

Great rant!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
or hate people who aren't white,

I take objection to that comment, as if it's only white people who are racist, is that what you're saying?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh boy, here we go with the typical PC baloney.

Yes, I don't really care for illegals, I am indifferent to homosexuals but the entire your a bigot, your a racist - or "hate" as you say are cards gets thrown around a lot on here - typically just gets used to silence any discussion.

In response:

edit on 20-6-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I like your rant, phishy, although it does kind of sting a little.

I would be (on first glançe) a narrow-minded peabrain like you have described. it's a fault I have to deal with.

You could tell me to take the high road and become more open, but I know what I'm getting into.
I wish I could make a post about what it's like to be what I am (Ariosophist), but the t&c's won't let me.

If you would like to PM me about it, ₣eel free.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join