It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

*Still sulks*...

Well, in that case i will just have to tuck into that lovely bottle of Cabernet that is just egging me on to drink it and drown my sorrows

I know there is a furry monkey thingummy jig in my **special bag** somewhere... i am sure!

I will raise a glass to you even though i know you don't have any beer in right now.. *poke poke*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 19-6-2013 by Rodinus because: I can't type tonight!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think a lot of us feel the same way.On the one hand, It does make me chuckle sometimes when I see the rabid racist or homophobe.I just sit back and imagine someone frothing at the mouth,hammering away on their key boards in a small dark room. On the other hand, I feel sorry for them, as I imagine they have no friends and little love in their own lives and that's quite a sad thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Haha well I can willingly oblige in a friendly sort of way and thanks for not bashing me for totally misspelling your name.

Lol, no worries!

I can't tell you how many times someone has asked me, " Why are you called smelly girl?"

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I will have a rum and coke when i get home in your honor, that or tequila, but it's only Wednesday lol

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well daymn if I said that I'd expect a punch in the throat lol i'm sure you smell like roses and lavender probably with a hint of vanilla.

Don't burst my bubble if you smell like compost

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You shame many of us, myself included but I have commented about the deterioration of my country due to too many immigrant's but do not hate them, I am not homosexual but believe western society to have been poisoned, either illegally (Population control that has resulted in too few Ethnic European's and the need for those same immigrants whom are eventually going to replace us totally) or accidentally (animal hormone's and pcb's, pesticides and radio wave length interference, cosmetics and animal steroid's) and this to account for the larger number (Proportional to the percentage of the population) of homosexual's but hey they are still my sisters and brothers and if they were my child I would not reject them, better they be who they are than live in misery.

Still I like your thread as there are some that are posted just out of hatred and that should never be the case.

S+F

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

You shame many of us

It was not my intention to shame you, I also believe that illegal immigration is a problem, I was unclear in the OP but clarified in a reply that when I mentioned illegal immigration, i was referring to those who use it as a disguise to spread their racism. Clearly, from your post, you aren't one of them. i should have been more specific when I wrote that and I do totally understand the miscommunication.

Not everyone who has a problem with illegal immigration is a racist. Some racists use illegal immigration as a launch pad to promote racism.

clear?

And, even those I suggested suck on the end of a tailpipe I consider to be brothers and sisters, just misguided ones,

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Schools out. Kids are online, and they find trolling funny.

Sadly, she's right on the money. Expect this until September....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You need to get over it, no one here forces you to click on the subject matter,nor no one forces you to read it. I personally could care less about the opinions of the Hetrophobes, Homophobes , Jesus haters or Jesus lovers...ect.You put too much stock in other people's opinions...who cares, get over it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kreyvic

It's a rant. Remember?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I agree with you. The simple answer is that they can...so they do. Ah, Forum life. When the newbies sign up (and start major discussions in their what is supposed to be "introduction-only thread)...thats just a small indicator of where things have gone here, and are going. They sign up, and jump in right away because they find us, sign up and dont bother checking anything else for members to know and abide by. Whatever is important to them RIGHT NOW OH MY GOD IVE FOUND THIS COOL PLACE....etc so they do. Simple. And sad. It brings down the quality of discussion here. My opinion.

If we are referring to long time -heavy posters to many topics and threads, then I too dont understand why the "Im a member and I can cut-deride-curse-defame-blaspheme-bring down anyone and thing I want too!". Then, that is a shame. I look to long timers myself for good responses and information and opinions. Thats why I joined myself.

So it all comes down to "because I can" that people can get so mean. It is a free society so-to-speak, but youre right.
Why do it when theres no need to? Just because its a pretty open forum topic wise is not justification. Freedom of speech goes a long way...but when and where should it stop?

Civility and tempered attitudes and responses are hallmarks of a informed and educated forum. And we know that not all forums are. I'd like to think ATS will rise above this.

My opinion....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

They spew hate here because in real life they would get beaten to a pulp.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

you are easily trolled aren't you?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

you are easily trolled aren't you?

How about....compassionate,caring, and wants to make a difference?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

calm down its summer time this happens every year

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nice rant. I'll answer some of it. You see, many, many decades ago life was really nice. A husband would work, his wife would manage the house and the children would go to school and do kid things. One person working was enough to own a home, support a family, etc. Then some people started saying "I want to be accepted for ". People figured..."what the hell...it couldn't hurt". And now, here we are today. I won't rant on all the problems because we all know them.

Some people think that belief in a God helped us all. Some think that raising the previously "wrong" to the new "normal" was a bad idea. Some think keeping your own feelings to yourself instead of parading up and down the road wasn't such a big deal. We used to make people scared to commit crimes, we used to know the word "respect". But again...here we are.

So "why the hate?". I believe many just wish life was simple again and that this "I'm special and you have to accept me" is part of the problem. I agree to an extent. We are all special. But we don't need more labels to divide us. And we are today, more divided than at any time in history...that I remember.

That...and the government sucks

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It may be that some people are not racist who don't want "illegal" immigration. But then, what argument is used to say they shouldn't be here? What did they do to us? Let's flip that question; what have we done to them? The answers are undeniable. We took their land, we murdered their ancestors, and now they want to come make a living in the land that used to belong to their great-great-great-great grandmothers and grandfathers before they were slaughtered, and we have the nerve to tell them that they aren't welcome? Their is no shame in some people, no humility, and no ability to put aside their pride and selfishness to help others. But maybe I'm being too harsh. Maybe, and this wouldn't surprise me, most people don't realize that we killed millions of people to live hear. Maybe, they don't realize that we continue to prosper off of stolen land. I can only hope to combat that ignorance by stating the facts.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Nice thread!
Not only did i agree with every word in the OP (also the trolling kids post)
I also liked ťhe way it turned into a booze fueled innuendo-esque verbal orgie.

Thanks for the smiles, and well said!

SnF

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dulce5cinco

You're confusing American Indians (whom have suffered and are still suffering from what we did) with Mexicans. Mexicans held Texas and parts of Arizona and Louisiana but once they had distinct borders they prospered rather well. Until corruption took over, and look where they are now.

Wouldn't it be nice if Mexicans were able to prosper and be free and not having to worry about dieing all the time?
Yes, it would be. I understand why they wan't to come here. Unfortunately 40 million more citizens is only going to add to the current problems we have, which again are and were caused by corruption with big business and government (CHRONY CAPITALISM). It's a difficult debate but many of us want to see our fellow countrymen have jobs and homes before we go worrying about folks from other countries.

And unfortunately this corrupt government probably likes the way things are in Mexico because they profit greatly off of the drug trade and will be able to use the destabilzation and political power of 40 million new citizens to their advantage of seizing more power and further eroding the "free market" or what is left of it.

I do agree though that arguments should be not about someones race/ethnicity/religion but simply about the welfare of our nation and it's citizens. There are plenty of debateable and solid arguments without being hateful.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Good rant Phishy.
I don't think you broke T&C's. You just spoke your mind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join