It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI director admits domestic use of drones for surveillance

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
They have much bigger and much better toys than you. Give in to your fate America. What will be is inevitable. We were complacent for too long.

Sorry, you are just wrong.

Inevitable is what you are seeing now.

We will never give in.

Our fate will be decided by us. Not you.

Respectfully...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've come to the realization that American "freedoms" have been illusions since the FDR put the nation in to bankruptcy and signed us away to European bankers.
All we have are privileges that can be taken at any time for any reason.
If they fly drones it's over their land, not yours, even if you may have title to it.
The problem is we have no real "money", what we have are debt instruments, i.o.u's.
Federal Reserve Notes.

You see none of us own any land. They own it all.
They can fly over it any time with anything they like.
And short of revolution nothing will change it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Short of every person in America standing up as one against the powers that broke this country with their greed, they will win.
You cant expect change to happen when your complacent with everything surrounding you.

It sounds to me like your just folding. Like you have no fight in you. like you accept all this hoarse crap that they have been imposing on us. They literally say just and you say how high.

If im wrong then join this fight against tyranny and oppression. Or did our founding fathers fight and die in the name of freedom for nothing?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
They have much bigger and much better toys than you. Give in to your fate America. What will be is inevitable. We were complacent for too long.

I dont give a rats behind how big their guns are or how many planes they have....or how accurate there laser guided bombs are.

The truth is people like you who beg the ones with eyes to lay down and curl up and die are all that's wrong with the country.

Have you all lost you balls or what? I guess some of you wont even see what you have till its all been pulled from under you like the proverbial rug.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Someone may have mentioned this already, I have not read all the post's.

I am not trying to derail your post, I just think it pertinent to mention that on O'Reilly tonight in the segment with Bob Beckel, Beckel tried to say that drone's were being used in the U.S. and O'Reilly flat out denied it and would not talk about.

Point being sometimes the shills just get caught off guard and like O'Reilly did. I have a hard time believing Beckel knew what he was doing, he is as much a part of the FOX agenda as O'Reilly is. You have to wonder if O'Reilly will say anything tomorrow (June 20), at the very least O'Reilly looks really uninformed or a total shill caught off guard.

To stay on post, common sense tells you that the elitist agenda dictates they will use any thing at there disposal to know what the American people are doing with all the corruption from this administration. Right now the drones are listening, tomorrow who knows.

edit on 19-6-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

The shocking thing is Beckel is speaking up.

This is an American issue. We must put what divides us aside.

We can all unite on the fact our Government is out of control.

Now we fix it with the modern day pen....The keyboard.

Our Founders were very wise. We are far from done...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
How about we all play a little "dog wags the tail". It is -our- country after all.

The Global Positioning System (GPS) uses satellite radio waves to map restaurants on our smartphones, guide cars and monitor aircraft. For those who want to stop others from tracking their movement, GPS signals can be jammed -- albeit illegally. And now, GPS signals can also be "spoofed."

"A GPS spoofer, instead of just trying to jam the signal, tries to mimic [it]," says Todd Humphreys, a professor of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Texas, who spoke during a recent session at South by Southwest. "And if you can do this precisely enough, you can fool a receiver into tracking your [spoofed] signals instead of the authentic ones."

Humphreys and some of his students set out to test the possibility. They got an $80,000 pilotless aircraft -- a drone -- and flew it over an otherwise empty football stadium.

"The drone was commanded to hover in place, holding its position," says 23-year-old graduate student Daniel Shepard, who ran the experiment. The team then told the drone's GPS receiver that it wasn't hovering -- it was rising. "In response it plummeted towards the ground in rather dramatic fashion."

The demonstration got the attention of Congress and Homeland Security which unlocked some funding to try to protect the GPS system from spoofing.

To hear more about the possibility of GPS spoofing, click on the audio player above.

www.marketplace.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneRanger91607

While i like your idea its flawed. You dont need gps to be tracked. they can do it with three points (cell towers) and triangulate your location within a certain area from your signal strength difference between the 3 points. The more towers the better it works.

The gps spoofing might be something to look into. Its late and im not all here anymore. Im missing things left and right.
edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I feel you man. I been saying this for two years now. There is something brewing beneath the surface.
The rubber band effect. They can only try the patients of the people for so long before something snaps.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

If Beckel is speaking out of order he will not have a job much longer, that will be a very telling sign..............wouldn't you think?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

If Beckel is speaking out of order he will not have a job much longer, that will be a very telling sign..............wouldn't you think?

Bill will fix it...

The rest of the Network certainly talked about it today.

Fox Network was down here shooting a border story.

The guy told me Bill never does retakes. He thinks he's always right.

He will be forced to admit the all knowing Bill O...Was very wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'd like to add that not all drones are predator heat seeking missile drones. Most of them are only for surveillance. What is most likely to be caught... a car following another car or a drone flying out of sight following the car, a car sitting down the street with FBI agents or a drone hiding in the sky?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by GhostLancer

The fact that you even have to say that is the reason im discussing this. No one should have to fear or question the actions of the government that was built BY THE PEOPLE for the people. The system of checks and balances is way off. How can a few hundred elected officials be the voice for millions and millions? Simply cant be, the people have folded and succumbed to every day distractions like cell phones and all manner of mobile computing devices. They know they have won, so long as they are distracted and divide. Together WE THE PEOPLE are a force to be reckoned with.

Good points. I expand the question: How can 1% of the world population control 98% of the wealth? Who are these people, where do they live, how do they exist outside of public awareness? How can they manipulate governments? How can they direct the course of world events? How can they be allowed to genetically alter our food supply, going so far as to include HUMAN DNA into our food sources, making us unintentional cannibals? I can go on asking similar questions.

DISCLAIMER: This post in no way intends to characterize the global elite in any non-altruistic manner. This post in no way seeks to reveal the true nature of the world as people know it, or the lie that they have allegedly been sold. This post is fictional in nature. Any similarities between it and the real world are purely coincidental. This post is intended for entertainment purposes only.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

DISCLAIMER: This post in no way intends to characterize the global elite in any non-altruistic manner. This post in no way seeks to reveal the true nature of the world as people know it, or the lie that they have allegedly been sold. This post is fictional in nature. Any similarities between it and the real world are purely coincidental. This post is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks for that...

I guess I don't have to tell you what they can kiss.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
Don't see anything wrong with this. No different than a wire tap.

They need to increase the drones IMO. Being able to shut down illegal activity, to include drug trafficking, cheaply is a big plus. Don't believe me? Then watch gangland's episode of Los Zetas. We don't want to end up like Mexico (which according to Jesse Ventura, has more personal privacy).

Yes sir that's correct, we need to give up are rights and liberties. The Government will keep us safe.

get outside and get some fresh air and WAKE UP

Actually seeing how other countries live, we in America have it good. We have more rights and liberties than most of the 'top' nations combined.

Our government HAS kept us safe. Our government HAS kept many OTHER countries free. They will keep doing the same.

America has and will be the pillar of freedom for the planet. America has kept other evil countries at bay. America will continue to do this.

Unless you know what our country really faces everyday, you and people like you will promote fear and dissidence within the populace. Only when your wannabe privileged butts get the whole picture will you be on board.

I've been outside and I'm wide awake. I don't let book selling, gold pushing, over dramatic fools guide my way of life.

I am able to think for myself. I am able to understand what my children will need in their lives.

Edit: A drone overhead is no different than a manned helicopter. Your rights and liberties are the same in this case, they just gotten cheaper is all. Put your tin foil hat back on, hear drones have the ability to change the way you think.
edit on 20-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: magical unicorns.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i remember reading a while ago that they were using drones to track occupy wallstreet protestors allegedly

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hatestuff
i remember reading a while ago that they were using drones to track occupy wallstreet protestors allegedly

Twitter, they used twitter. Those guys will tweet anything and everything.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
no i didnt see it on twitter, iv never used twitter,i saw it as a headline on here.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I abhor the use of drones against civilians as much as any person. I have neither caved in nor am I willing to just accept the loss of freedoms.

What I am doing is pointing out the very source of the problem. It's because of the Federal Reserve ( a private consortium of bankers) and fiat currency that we no longer have rights but privileges. Where the US was once based on common law the act of 1871 turned the US in to a corporation who is ruled by Admiralty law (law of the seas).
We run endlessly on the hamster wheel trying to pay off debt that can never be paid off because we no longer have real money (gold/silver) since FDR had all privately held gold confiscated.
Silver could still be used and you may remember JFK had silver certificates created. He was killed for that and once Nixon took the US off the gold standard the printing presses ran wild.

It is the meanest, most underhanded trick in history, done in incremental steps generations apart so as not to cause alarm.
Until that is changed we are fighting the wrong enemy whose greatest power is illusion. The illusion that we are free and prosperous.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Nothing surprises me anymore, we have lost control of our Government.....and most Americans dont care because of the "I Have Nothing To Hide" mentality is sweeping the nation.

The truth is if we dont start to act soon and let these people in Washington know that WE THE PEOPLE built this country and we still hold all the cards; we are doomed, we need to act now or give up our rights.

This is going way too far, Prism, Echelon, Drone surveillance of the American people......this has to EFFIN STOP!!!

They make friends with terrorists and give them arms, while they treat American citizens like we are the criminals. The walls have closed in on us.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join