It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI director admits domestic use of drones for surveillance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well I think we all figured this was happening.

Question for you guys. How does the difference between using drones and helicopters or even a telephoto lens differ in your mind? Drone use for surveillance doesn't really bother me more than any other type of snooping but it seems people are far more upset about it. I'm certainly open to having my opinion changed. Is it the fear they could be armed?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

In my mind its like the old saying, give and inch take a mile. Every time you give in to TPTB, the more they think they can get away with.

The other side of my issue is that We The People have the ultimate say in everything that happens in our Government. I know most dont vote nor give a damn, and that is part of the issue as well.

They think we are all stupid hicks that shoot stuff all day long

They think we are weak mindless boobs who cant make decisions for our selves

I dont condone letting the government walk all over us. It didnt start with drones, it started with the patriot act and has been spiraling downward since then.

From the NSA, PRISIM, Drones....what next? Robocop Judge Dread style?

edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of the government inhibiting my freedoms to keep me safer. It makes me want to swim right after eating, run with sizzors, not hold the handrail when using an escalator, stick a fork in a toaster, tear a tag off a mattress.

Silly rabbit, it's for the "National Security of the children." Why else would they want to know everything except to protect the children?????

OK, sarcasm off.

I'm heading back to my (nad your) usual beverage.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Well I think we all figured this was happening.

Question for you guys. How does the difference between using drones and helicopters or even a telephoto lens differ in your mind? Drone use for surveillance doesn't really bother me more than any other type of snooping but it seems people are far more upset about it. I'm certainly open to having my opinion changed. Is it the fear they could be armed?

No difference when you put it in terms of a loss to privacy.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199

Silly rabbit, it's for the "National Security of the children." Why else would they want to know everything except to protect the children?????

OK, sarcasm off.

Yes its for the children. Its always about protecting the children.

I am glad you figured it out!

The patriot act? What exactly is that

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Surely you jest.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Dude, that was for the kids too. It's always all about the kids.

Isn't that what they always say?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Surely you jest.

yeah no kidding. beats going to the mental hospital.

maybe we should grow a pair and FORCE the american government to talk about 9-11.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Mountain Dew?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

yeah no kidding. beats going to the mental hospital.

maybe we should grow a pair and FORCE the american government to talk about 9-11.

Lol sure does.

Yep and while were at it 9/10 as well.

Conveniently a plane hits part of the pentagon that stored financial records.....that was under construction the very next day?

Kinda like they were cleaning up a paper trail.

Ill save that for another thread though.

Back on topic.

link   

Mountain Dew?

A lil more adult.

My apologies for getting off topic mate.

link   

Mountain Dew?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Nothing surprises me anymore, we have lost control of our Government.....and most Americans dont care because of the "I Have Nothing To Hide" mentality is sweeping the nation.

The truth is if we dont start to act soon and let these people in Washington know that WE THE PEOPLE built this country and we still hold all the cards; we are doomed, we need to act now or give up our rights.

This is going way too far, Prism, Echelon, Drone surveillance of the American people......this has to EFFIN STOP!!!

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)
Most people don't know. Some don't care - yet! In the end, everyone will say, "what happened?"

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Most people don't know. Some don't care - yet! In the end, everyone will say, "what happened?"

Switch the first two grouping around and it sounds closer to the truth.

I already am asking what happened....its certainly not the country i grew up in during the Clinton admin.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I have been telling people this for several years now. Drone use along the southern border is pretty common. (Haven't you wondered why there are so many reports of UFOs coming from south TX?) There are also helicopters flying around spotlighting drivers on the roads at night.

So why weren't all these folks decrying drones on American soil when the government ANNOUNCED the practice more than a few years ago. **SNIP** Bunch a damn hypocrites.
edit on 6/19/2013 by Blaine91555 because: Removed offensive remark.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This is going way too far, Prism, Echelon, Drone surveillance of the American people......this has to EFFIN STOP!!!

You didn't mention being watched through our cable TV hookups...that is happening too.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

You didn't mention being watched through our cable TV hookups...that is happening too.

I know, the amount of bandwidth available to CATV boxes via the cable is staggering. Not to mention the fact that it knows what you watch when you watch how long you watch.

There are lots of neat things that can be done with cable boxes that i wont even delve into.
Lets just keep me off the techno stuff, for all our sakes

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
FYI: You are treading a fine line by making public comments on sites like ATS ---especially on ATS. You may not realize it, but threads such as this are being monitored and recorded this very moment. Be careful what you say, as the "cranks" and "crackpots" and "conspiracy theorists" who have been stating things like this for YEARS have warned about, anyone posting here might find themselves the object of drone surveillance, IRS attention, and untimely "accidents." -Depending on the nature of comments.

DISCLAIMER: This post in no way is intended to cast doubt on the altruistic nature of the government elements that keep us safe. This post in no way suggests that government elements have ever been, are, or will ever be used for anything other than the protection of American citizens. This post is intended for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

The fact that you even have to say that is the reason im discussing this. No one should have to fear or question the actions of the government that was built BY THE PEOPLE for the people.

The system of checks and balances is way off. How can a few hundred elected officials be the voice for millions and millions?

Simply cant be, the people have folded and succumbed to every day distractions like cell phones and all manner of mobile computing devices.

They know they have won, so long as they are distracted and divide. Together WE THE PEOPLE are a force to be reckoned with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join