It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI director admits domestic use of drones for surveillance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

From DHS to TSA to Drone use here in America (from sea to shining sea) they are there to keep us "safer".

From the collection of e-mail (to keep us safer) to the cameras in our streets (to keep us safer) to drones flying overhead (to keep us safer) they are there.

To keep us safer.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of the government inhibiting my freedoms to keep me safer. It makes me want to swim right after eating, run with sizzors, not hold the handrail when using an escalator, stick a fork in a toaster, tear a tag off a mattress.

If we accept drones over America, then we'll accept armed drones over America, then we'll accept armed drone attacks in America.

Makes me want to puke!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
looks to me like the US is getting ready for a crime intervention sweep......maybe that's what all FEMA camps are for?

Or is it going to be more like debtors prison? Working for pennies on the dollar in some prison to "Pay" off your debt to the US government?

I think this whole thing is to keep tabs on the people till they are ready to enact some crazy scheme.......then the people will be in so deep its too late.
edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: had to loosen the foil cap

Work camps have occured in many countries throughout history. Its not just under facist or communist regimes. Religious regimes are known to torture, kill, imprison, etc. Why would the USA be any different? We think we are special/immune but that is only an illusion. There is no freedom and democracy anywhere on this planet, and never has really existed.

Still people can vote third party or independant and bring positive change without firing a single bullet. Voting is a right but we don't take it seriously enough. Always voting for who the media pushes for, and voting for looks or some other superficial reasons. Gary Johnson who never really had a voice in the past elections said he would abolish the irs and federal reserve to replace it all with a federal consumption tax. Jill Stein said she would stop all the wars and push for alternative green energy. Go after the corporate corruption and reign in the federal defecit.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Makes me want to puke!

Me too beezzer mee too.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

so they can keep tabs on average americans, but boston bombing happened anyways?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The system is the problem, its not new faces that are going to save the day.

All the people who represent "Our" best interests are the ones who are bought and coerced and blackmailed to this or that end to support someone else agenda.

I used to believe that an alternate party choice or an unaffiliated candidate would be best. But knowing what i know now, i dont ever see that getting us anywhere.

You know what would get some attention, A W-4 week......everyone change yours to reflect 10 dependents, that will really throw a wrench in the gears.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

If we accept drones over America, then we'll accept armed drones over America, then we'll accept armed drone attacks in America.

I'm not from over there, so I'm not sure on the legalities of them using them, but can anyone confirm why they can't, from a legal point of view. The Fourth Amendment is easily by passed once it's declared reasonable.

What I'm basically wondering too is...ok. You don't accept it.

How does that change it in any way? What are you going to do? What can you do?

Genuine questions here, I'm not trolling or picking a fight. I wonder what the options are and what changes you can effectively bring about?

And like I said in my thread that was one minute behind this one...I'd like to welcome the USA to the Brave New World of HyperSurveillance from us over the Atlantic.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

FBI Uses Drones On Americans.

rt.com

“Does the FBI use drones for surveillance on US soil?” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) asked Mr. Mueller during an oversight hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Yes,” Mueller responded bluntly, adding that the FBI’s operation of drones is “very seldom.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

My nieghbor has a survelience drone...so do a lot of RC folks.

I think the questions are if the drone is armed and is it being used in conjunction with a warrant.

Otherwise the word "drone" gets a lot of play.

Example here: www.xheli.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The National Security Agency plans to release details on Monday about the “dozens” of terror plots thwarted by the use of recently leaked surveillance programs, but Washington’s elite is still split on the issue.

Of course they are split......that's all they ever do is become divided on issues.

“When you consider the possibility of somebody smuggling something like a nuclear device into the United States, it becomes very, very important to gather intelligence on your enemies and stop that attack before it ever gets launched."

I was waiting for that shoe to drop.

But according to the White House, any toss of civil liberties that occurs as a result of the program is a price that must be paid in order to stay protected from terrorists. Last week, White House press secretary Jay Carney said of Obama, “He made clear that you cannot have 100 percent security and 100 percent privacy, and thus we need to find that balance.” “He believes, as commander-in-chief, that the oversight structures that are in place to ensure that there is the proper review of the types of programs we have in place, authorized by Congress through the PATRIOT Act and FISA, do strike that balance,” Carney said.

Not quite, its given them the ability to spy on its own people.......as if the threat comes from inside the US.

The thing that stands out to me is their focus on THE PEOPLE.

I guess thats why they call it the NSA not the INSA......gotta love wordplay.
edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

I'm not from over there, so I'm not sure on the legalities of them using them, but can anyone confirm why they can't, from a legal point of view. The Fourth Amendment is easily by passed once it's declared reasonable.

What I'm basically wondering too is...ok. You don't accept it.

How does that change it in any way? What are you going to do? What can you do?

Genuine questions here, I'm not trolling or picking a fight. I wonder what the options are and what changes you can effectively bring about?

And like I said in my thread that was one minute behind this one...I'd like to welcome the USA to the Brave New World of HyperSurveillance from us over the Atlantic.

I would liken this to having a cop on each and every street corner, scrutinising each of us, 24/7.

Is it illegal? Dunno.
Is it uncomfortable? Yes.
Is it irritating? Yes.
Is it an invasion of privacy? Yes.
Is it unconstitutional? I think so.

What can I do? Not alot. I can start locally. Start a grass-root campaign. Run myself for office.

Will it change things?

Only the most global economic collapse has any chance of seeing America rise from it's ashes.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

But according to the White House, any toss of civil liberties that occurs as a result of the program is a price that must be paid in order to stay protected from terrorists. Last week, White House press secretary Jay Carney said of Obama, “He made clear that you cannot have 100 percent security and 100 percent privacy, and thus we need to find that balance.” “He believes, as commander-in-chief, that the oversight structures that are in place to ensure that there is the proper review of the types of programs we have in place, authorized by Congress through the PATRIOT Act and FISA, do strike that balance,” Carney said.

Benjamin Franklin would be either laughing his arse of at that quote and screaming down from the heavens " I told ya so"

Or crying his eyes out that the people of his nation didn't heed the warning of how freedoms can be corrupted.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~Benjamin Franklin~

Just to add
Freedom and democracy do not exist in the sense of what they are... their is always more freedom to be sought after and always a more democratic way.

They key is to strive to have more and to fight to keep and maintain what we have.
edit on 19-6-2013 by RAY1990 because: more to add

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Don't see anything wrong with this. No different than a wire tap.

They need to increase the drones IMO. Being able to shut down illegal activity, to include drug trafficking, cheaply is a big plus. Don't believe me? Then watch gangland's episode of Los Zetas. We don't want to end up like Mexico (which according to Jesse Ventura, has more personal privacy).

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't blame them, if i had a drone i'd be tempted to use it on Americans also, definatly the most fun to be had with your drone would be spooking Americans.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The system is the problem, its not new faces that are going to save the day.

All the people who represent "Our" best interests are the ones who are bought and coerced and blackmailed to this or that end to support someone else agenda.

So far I have been backstabbed only by democrats and republicans. Don't you wonder why all the other parties and candidates get less than 2% combined? If another party comes to power and they fail me, then I will drop them as well.

People DO have a choice! The government is run by administrators much like executives run companies. Management can and often differs wildly. We need new management that works for the many, rather than for the priviliged few.
edit on 19/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I would liken this to having a cop on each and every street corner, scrutinising each of us, 24/7.

I'd go one further, you don't even need them now. The Panopticon has been created. Same as over in the UK with our CCTV cameras.

Only the most global economic collapse has any chance of seeing America rise from it's ashes.

That was my conclusion too, sadly. But they do say the empires can only last about 200 years. You had a good run.
edit on 19-6-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

I know, im sure the founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

How can a country get so far from the original constitution and go so completely against the founders words?

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters of principle, stand like a rock.”
― Thomas Jefferson

This one is my favorite.

“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
― Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

They need to increase the drones IMO. Being able to shut down illegal activity, to include drug trafficking, cheaply is a big plus. Don't believe me? Then watch gangland's episode of Los Zetas. We don't want to end up like Mexico (which according to Jesse Ventura, has more personal privacy).

I'm not sure about the US but here in the UK authorities need to seek a warrant for such levels of surveillance.

You can bypass that with drones, listen into any conversation and watch anything you like within reason.

As for drugs... the ones that really damage society. They should be stopped at the border or even better regulated by authorities, sadly this is not something that will happen. Too much money and potential to let it go to waste.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

Yes sir that's correct, we need to give up are rights and liberties. The Government will keep us safe.

get outside and get some fresh air and WAKE UP

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That was my conclusion too, sadly. But they do say the empires can only last about 200 years. You had a good run.

Nero had his fiddle.

America has drones and Honey Boo-boo.

(shakes head and softly weeps)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

But they do say the empires can only last about 200 years. You had a good run.

I feel that this may be the case. I hope im wrong but something is getting ready to break over here.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

America has drones and Honey Boo-boo.

i understand drones. but what hell is ..Honey Boo-boo?? am i missing something? or should i even care about it?

not trolling just never heard of that term/ thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join