It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS to Pay $70 Million in Bonuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The Internal Revenue Service is about to pay $70 million in employee bonuses despite an Obama administration directive to cancel discretionary bonuses because of automatic spending cuts enacted this year, according to a GOP senator. Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa says his office has learned that the IRS is executing an agreement with the employees' union on Wednesday to pay the bonuses. Grassley says the bonuses should be canceled under an April directive from the White House budget office.

www.cnbc.com...

It seems the IRS thinks they're above the law, and can ignore the sequestration. Just goes to show you that they can't be trusted with anything. Makes you wonder just what the hell they're going to try next.
edit on 2013/6/19 by moonweed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I know one thing, you cant spend your self out of debt.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

i hope they're not expecting me to help pay those bonuses....i'm not giving them a dime.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've got a bonus for them !
Yeah, that's right.

Just step on over here . . . where I can see you a little better.

Now . . . . . . smile.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
In all honesty, how am I supposed to even react to this? Is it surprising? No. Secondly, why should someone have to "suggest" that they not give out $70 mil, in bonus money? We are in the "worst finacial crisis" yet serving out millions, left and right, like hotcakes. Good ole merika.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why is our government giving bonuses anyway. It used to be that people got a turkey for Christmas and invited to a potluck Christmas party in the office, Sometimes bigger employers would have a summer picnic at the beach. Both of these were inexpensive.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

The government is not a business. So why would they be getting bonuses ? After all the crap they been up too (that we no of) they should be fired. But they probably would be fired with pay knowing the way our government functions.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I think, and I have inside scoop on this....is that a lot of the money will be given to top level executives. 99% of the ground pounders, the actual workers in the IRS will never see that money. Your talking $50,000 bonuses on up for the executives who alread make top dollar at the higher higher end of the government pay scale.

The government and the taxpayer is being TAKEN on a daily basis. Money lost and wasted.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hey folks. Lighten up.
It's hard work collecting all of our "voluntary Contributions".

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

The Government justifies it like this....lets say your an executive in the government who just saved your agency/department hundreds of thousands of dollars on a "contract" by firing the employees or similar. Well you would get a bonus for doing so....most low level government workers would never see this type of reward. NO WAY. Most of the IRS is super top heavy.

This is not small change...we are talking thousands of dollars.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
IRS top officials involving Tea Part groups visit white house hundreds of times.

This was the closest place I could find to post this link. Since I cannot open a new topic as of yet. Looks like there is one piece of paper trail involving the whitehouse and the IRS. However nothing concrete.
edit on 21-6-2013 by darkstar111 because: spelling and link errors

edit on 21-6-2013 by darkstar111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It is payoffs to those that "cooperated".

It is hush money.

The IRS is an agency that works for us---We The People. It is not a corporation where producers get bonuses for meeting production quotas.

Congress controls the purse strings. Each and every one of us taxpaying citizens should call our reps and DEMAND that they not pay these corrupt bureaucrats. It is OUR money they are spending. Let's use that $70M for something worthwhile like investigating all the scandalous and criminal activity going on in government right now.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

you're right.....they're supposed to be working for us....instead, they're working for themselves......i personally refuse to give them anything...nobody that works for the IRS deserves any kind of bonus.

top topics

join