It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1997 frantic phone call from Area 51 employee - genuine or not?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In 1997 a person claiming to be an employee of Area 51 made a frantic phone call into the Art Bell show.

I am wondering what others may think about this.

My opinion is that it may be genuine, however, who knows - there are some really good actors out there.

I have often wondered why there are TPTB that seem to be taking actions that seem detrimental to the well being of this planet. What denizen of this planet, who have children of their own, would do this?

I've speculated often that if there were an alien race(s) out there that have established a civilization throughout the local cosmos, they would not really like another one out there mucking it up, either due to our immaturity, or due to competition.

---

Anyway the phone call I refer you to is at 6 min 42 sec on this video. Tell me what you think..

---

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

In a word No!

edit on 19/6/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Corrected

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I remember this from a few years back but unfortunately all good things lead to...HOAX

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Bizarre..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hmm. I remember this - it wasn't PROVEN to be a hoax... It's still down in history as a mystery.

The stange thing was some one else cut the call - and it wasn't the Art Bell show.

Might look into it again now - Thanks for the inspiration OP

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This was on Art Bell, the guy called back later saying it was a hoax LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Can't listen at the moment, but if its the call made to Coast2Coast, it was a hoax. A caller called back years later and stated as much, and then recited the exact call that had been made in 1997. It was pretty obvious that it was the same voice, but then again who really knows.
There is a thread here on the call, along with the caller admitting that it was hoaxed.
I'll admit that I was convinced though!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tunatarian

same here, esp when the whole system crashed right after the call
errie lol

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

Gives me goosebumps every time I listen to this. I'd like to think it's damn hard to fake a voice like that, he was clearly in a strange emotional state.

That doesn't make it real though. Whether he was a real good actor or so delusional he truly BELIEVED what he was saying or if it was in fact real is a very very tough question to answer.

Unfortunately I think we will never know. I just wish he had more time to elaborate on those disasters. This was 1997, I guess some of those catastrophes would have happened by now unless he was talking about events far in the future.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have an idea who the caller was.

Bernard Schnitzel.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think what sways me to believe it is a hoax is that he was overly nervous about something he discovered over a week ago.

What was really convincing however was the story - It was a great story, and (I think) something that may be parallel with the truth.

Bizarre that someone would go out of their way to concoct and perform it.. must get really boring living in the sticks.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It is convincing because it really does resonate with the things that are going on..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think the main element to the caller that called in to Art is that the radio station system itself apparently failed. Now, Art says it has never happened in all the years and now it happens at the very same time that the suspicious caller calls in with this type of secret information.

On the other hand, the caller is taking WAY too long to divulge this information! Way too long! If he had REAL secret information and HE KNEW he had, let's say, 30-60 seconds in which to talk before he gets cut off, you would think the caller would say something like, "Art, I'm going to talk really fast, so please record me --and have your listeners record me as well..." Then the caller just should have talked very fast --getting as much info out as possible before he got cut off --IF this was real.

I think it's a hoax. Someone who has access to this information is trained to keep calm. The caller would have known to call had a time where his emotions were leveled off so he wouldn't appear like a raving mad-man. His main goal is for people to believe him.

It certainly makes for good radio though doesn't it? And I think that's all this was --good radio. Art always seemed like a stand up person, so maybe he didn't know, maybe he did, who knows.

I think if the caller was real, there would have been another news story along with this. Like maybe a family or friend comes out and says, listen, so-and-so called in to the Art Bell Show and now my brother (or whoever) is missing. Nothing like that happened.

I would like to believe it, but my Spidey-Sense is tingling and telling me the caller took way too long to get info out and that's what people do when they're fabricating something. We see it here on ATS when people make attention-seeking threads --they give out little to no info --just enough to satisfy the curiosity of those who read the thread. Like the thread about yellow moons, orange stars and green clovers, or whatever it was about. But, it makes for a good read --in their minds, in ours it's a waste of time reading it.

In the end, I hope Art didn't know about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I have an idea who the caller was.

Bernard Schnitzel.

brilliant, just brilliant

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
sure its been posted above but was fake m8... actor he rang back later and apologized

new topics

top topics

join