It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is thought about religion.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Mine would be like, everbody wants to give a lightbulb to someone else, all at the same time So everybody starts searching for someone to give a lightbulb to. But there's an extra, ridiculous but rather frightening touch to it.

Dr. Philip S. Berg, rabi and Dean of the Kabbalah Centre, described this as the "Desire To Recieve" and "The Desire To Impart/Give". He went further to state that the desire to receive for others is also the "Desire To Impart."

Love, Light, and Truth are desired for the self, and this attainment is a root of the desire to impart it to others.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
To add to current topic, I defined 'being religious' in another thread as: "To live inspired by a deity".

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes, but it's like a spiritual probe.

Hmmm spiritual probe or link, forgotten link recharged for whatever reason? couldn't understand the bottom part in your last comment hence the probes input.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

See, it's like the twinkling star in your avatar, something like WTF

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

My dear brother/sister. I kgnow (know + gnosis) what you say. I was asking the poster, as to engage them spiritually and intellectually regarding their perceived understanding of the Will of One-All.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

See, it's like the twinkling star in your avatar, something like WTF

Cannot fully understand you Angle, in above comment? Clarity please.

reply to post by Kgnow

Please excuse my interruption...

edit on 6/19/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

If you don't know who the authority is, it won't do me any good to tell you what God's will and desire for us is, would it?

Are you a monotheistic follower of the religions of Abraham? I apologize if this is an incorrect conclusion deduced from your posts.

There are an unfathomable amount of fractures and sects stemming from Abraham's first message. So many priests, rabis, preachers, popes, kings, councils, prophets,.... all arguing their different interpretations.

#1. If God's Light is comparable to the Sun, who's analysis of this Light is correct?

#2. And what is the Desire and Will in your opinion?

Please do not assume that I do not know. I am asking your understandings so that we can better begin to discuss the subject.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I lost my faith when I was in the military.

No matter how hard I tried, no matter how hard the preacher tried, I could not feel like I could, would or should be forgiven for what I had done.

So I stopped doing that kind of stuff.

God's will doesn't enter into anything, people have to stop using God as an excuse for their own actions.

Going to church or whatever, does not make those things you did wrong, right.

How about we quit screwing one another over all the time and using "God's Will" to justify all of those nasty things we do to one another?.

God, if God exists, is not an excuse to behave like we do.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

MyHappyDogShiner, when you really mean that, which I think you do, you just did a very alright thing

Pats on the back and may you be able to live further.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

#1. If God's Light is comparable to the Sun, who's analysis of this Light is correct?

God/Jesus.

Revelation 21:23

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

#2. And what is the Desire and Will in your opinion?

The desire and will is to stop sinning and do what God told us to do, which included the Ten Commandments, but the one at the top of the list of commandments was/is...

Matthew 22:36-38

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

I see a lot of people talking on these boards about "love and light", but none of it is directed towards our Creator. They all want to direct it back and forth to each other and forget about God.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You do realize Jesus never wrote down his teachings, right? That's why there were thousands of varying Gospels until the most politically-connected, wealthy, and influential church leaders got together and decided which books to burn.

For something so important, I would assume that the humble and pious should be tasked with canonization,... as the peace-loving Jesus was clearly angry and violent during the 'Cleansing of the Temple', regarding money and God. But no..... the bigger bank accounts got to create the Bible, not the humble, pious, or meak.

I do, however, agree with the teaching attributed to Jesus regarding the Greatest Commandment and the Second found in Matthew 22:39

But your idea of God may differ from mine. The Bible states God as the Alpha, Omega, First, Last, All, and One. This tells me that God is everything. So to love everything is to love God.

If you want to worship a proto-Canaanite deity that ordered the Hebrews to engage in an all-out genocide of all native Levantines, then that is your freedom. I'd rather Love all of creation which is not separate from the Creator.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

God's creation separated itself from the Creator, so no, it's not all one any more.

Jesus came as God in the flesh to reconcile us back to God as a perfect creation, but we have to choose whether or not we want to accept that reconciliation.

If you love all of God's creations, then you must love Satan too, because he's one of them.

Yes, God had the Israelites kill the civilizations that chose to follow Satan in order to preserve the bloodline that led to Jesus' birth, because Satan tried to wipe them out first. If he hadn't, none of us would have been reconciled back to God and we all would die a permanent death instead of having an eternal life with Him.

Choose carefully who you decide to "love".

edit on 19-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Choose carefully who you decide to "love".

edit on 19-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

The known as Natas / ASHYITAN is still part FAMILY of CREATION. Keeps the souls tested as well as the was shared to of fallen and encountered humans. The objective truth is hard to fully obtain... And so must look internally within instinct/survival mindstates as well as logic, for why did not FATHER have the Destroyed instead of placed in SCHOOL with humanity.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

To help people understand the difference between good and evil. It didn't say to love the evil. Those who love evil are separated from God.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

depends on what ones perception of evol is... And it the Natas is feared as an enemy /rivalry etc. Perhaps these teachings in Mathew are sharing ways to overcome instead of feed, for to war feeds evol more so then to love who you may potentially go to war with, the many would consider Natas and armada groups... VS And so again the ENERGY in LOVE thy ENEMY is actual balance.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Can the Model-T ever be separated from Henry Ford, or vice-versa? Creation is forever and intimately tied to its Creator, and vice-versa. Even the archetypal manifestations of "Evil" and "Rebellion" reflect their source. When one looks to a creation, the creator is intrinsic to the very thing. There is no denying it.

When did Satan fall from God's grace? Was it in the Garden with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil? Has it not happened yet, but will only happen in the future? I am asking because in the Book of Job Satan had freedom to come and go between Heaven and Earth, and he also tempted God lots and even made bets with God against poor Job. I can't believe God allowed Job so much suffering for the sake of appeasing Satan's temptatious bets.

How did Jesus reconcile us with God in your opinion?

The Bible tells me there is no original sin and that none can die for my sins:

"The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
Deuteronomy 24:16

"But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."
Jeremiah 31:30

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."
Ezekiel 18:20

"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour."
1 Corinthians 3:8

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."
Galatians 6:7-9

Children are not saturated in Original Sin, because Jesus said;

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 19:14

The Bible tells me conflicting ideas of "Son"

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Only begotten son? But I thought David was also God's begotten son:

Psalm 2:7
"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

God said Israel (aka Jacob) is His firstborn son.

Exodus 4:22
"And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn"

Oh no... God has an additional first born son!!

Jeremiah 31:9
"I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn."

Solomon is also God's son.

2 Samuel 7:14
"I will be his father, and he shall be my son."

1 Chronicles 22:10
"he shall be my son, and I will be his father"

Adam is God's son too! If Adam was the first man created and is God's son.... then how can Israel/Jacob and Ephraim all be firstborn sons of god?

Luke 3:38
"Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God."

But God and Jesus said all of us are children of God;

John 10:34
"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

Deuteronomy 14:1
"Ye are the children of the LORD your God"

Romans 8:14
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

John 1:12
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."

Philippians 2:15
"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God"

Job 38:7
"When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

Job 2:1
"Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD."

And Jesus told us that there is no such thing as calling on his name to be saved:

(Matthew 7:21-23) Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"

It seems to me that "The Kingdom of God is within" and to Love Creator/Creation. Period.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Another piece of evidence for me.

Because we are held back, because we didn't evolve the right individuality within us. We did, but it got corrupted again.( Adam & Eve and the fruit of forbidden knowledge.)

If we are greedy and self centered, it isn't right to find back our group mentality.
We did before, but we were arrogant and narcissistic unity. We got held back back then.
( Tower of Babel. Book of genesis )

The events can be explained with decoding the human genome witch we did.

We do need that group mentality back again. If we would be able to live like Jesus would want it, then we might be able to succeed. But with our current behavior we will fail once more.

You can see the biblical stories as metaphorical. For the spreading of our Human genome from the first Archaic Human to us. It just lasted a bit longer, and is way more complex.

Where our genetic material is decoded and hold the evidence of it all.
edit on 6/19/2013 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow

Can the Model-T ever be separated from Henry Ford, or vice-versa? Creation is forever and intimately tied to its Creator, and vice-versa. Even the archetypal manifestations of "Evil" and "Rebellion" reflect their source. When one looks to a creation, the creator is intrinsic to the very thing. There is no denying it.

Sorry, God allows all of his creations free will to choose. Satan chose to rebel against God, so he will be permanently separated from God. Now you have to choose which one you want to follow.

When did Satan fall from God's grace?

I believe Satan had been cast to earth and was already here before God created man and set him on the earth.

How did Jesus reconcile us with God in your opinion?

He died a human death in order to shed the flesh, so that we could have eternal life with him in our heavenly bodies.

The Bible tells me there is no original sin and that none can die for my sins:

That's like you trying to convince me that you've never sinned. Who cares what the definition of "original sin" is as long as you know you've sinned?

Read Psalm 22. Jesus said he came to fulfill the scriptures and repeated the first verse of this chapter at the time of his passing.

The Bible tells me conflicting ideas of "Son"

Jesus is referred to as the Son of God with a capital letter on "Son".

The rest I won't go into because they would be lost on you. Short answer, those (other than Jesus) who followed God were considered, "sons of God" with a lower case "s".

But God and Jesus said all of us are children of God;

He was talking to the Israelites and the people of Israel in which Jesus was born into their lineage.

And Jesus told us that there is no such thing as calling on his name to be saved:

(Matthew 7:21-23) Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"

He was talking about the ones who were preaching one thing to people while practicing another. In essence, the ones who were practicing evil, namely the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

It seems to me that "The Kingdom of God is within" and to Love Creator/Creation. Period.

The Kingdom of God within is the Holy Spirit. The one sent by Jesus to those who believed in Jesus. The Holy Spirit only lives within until Jesus returns to set up his physical kingdom.

Jesus was the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but that's for another thread.

Matthew 28:19

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join