It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jackson's Ghost Testifies at AEG Trial?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So, it seems Michael Jackson is still with us (in spirit)! And his testimony was allowed by the judge in the AEG trial!

I have never heard of this. Do you think it is because of his celebrity status that the judge allowed it?
Or, maybe the judge was afraid Michael would "haunt" him if he didn't?

So now that this judge has allowed a "ghost's" testimony in court, will others who have "spiritual" communications from beyond be allowed to use it as testimony?
Or will this only apply to the rich and famous?

blog.zap2it.com...

Michael Jackson News | Pics ON TV: The Wiz Mon 6/24 11:00 AM EDT (BET)
A celebrity courtroom drama typically goes like this: Plaintiff calls witnesses; defense calls witnesses; Gloria Allred does press conference on courthouse steps despite knowing none of said witnesses; Nancy Grace fumes all week through flaming nostrils of justice; and ... scene.
Again, that's how things usually go down. Unless the trial has to do with Michael Jackson's death. Then you get at least three of the above-plus ghosts!

In case you haven't been following this month's Trial of the Century, some background: Jackson family matriarch Katherine Jackson is suing concert promotion company AEG, saying that the firm negligently retained Dr. Conrad Murray, and therefore, AEG, like Murray, is responsible for the pop legend's demise. Except that AEG is totally innocent, people. Because Michael Jackson's ghost said so. Like, on the stand. Through a friendly human intermediary. Or two.

It all happened last week, when AEG CEO Randy Philips took the stand. He testified that --see if you can follow, here -- Lionel Richie's ex-wife, Brenda Harvey, once told him that Jackson's ghost had visited her. And that during Jackson's supernatural conversation, Brenda was told that AEG was blameless in the singer's death. "Brenda called me to tell me that she was in communications with Michael either through a medium or directly," Phillips told the court. "She said Michael told her that it wasn't Dr. Murray's fault." (Girl, he can thrill you more/Than any ghoul would ever daaaarre try.)

What struck me about this testimony isn't the triple-hearsay flavoring of it all. It isn't even the fact that Lionel Richie's ex sees ghosts. Or that CEOs in Los Angeles converse regularly with people who speak to ghosts. It's that a judge let this statement stand, over the objections of Jackson family lawyers who, you know, had a problem with ectoplasmic hearsay.

So to be perfectly clear: this tidbit, about Jackson's talking ghost, remains on the court record, and will still be there when the jury eventually deliberates a verdict. Is this a first in courtroom history? Maybe. "I'd call this 'pretty unreliable hearsay from an unavailable witness," cracks top defense attorney Ian Wallach. 'The 'Dying Declaration' exception to the hearsay rule has been around for centuries. But this 'Dead Person's Declaration' exception is a first. I've never heard of this." Taking the stand next week: Vincent Price ... and grizzly ghouls from evvveryyy tooommmb!

edit on 6/19/2013 by sled735 because: addition to post

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Let me be first to say, only in America.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

So, did they do a seance in the courtroom before calling the witnesses or something?

Are you sure this doesn't belong in the jokes forum?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow.
California can really be whacky. Even the courts.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by sled735

So, did they do a seance in the courtroom before calling the witnesses or something?

Are you sure this doesn't belong in the jokes forum?

Well, according to Lionel Richie's ex-wife, he told her.

Lionel Richie's ex-wife, Brenda Harvey, once told him that Jackson's ghost had visited her. And that during Jackson's supernatural conversation, Brenda was told that AEG was blameless in the singer's death. "Brenda called me to tell me that she was in communications with Michael either through a medium or directly,"

edit on 6/19/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

What struck me about this testimony isn't the triple-hearsay flavoring of it all. It isn't even the fact that Lionel Richie's ex sees ghosts. Or that CEOs in Los Angeles converse regularly with people who speak to ghosts. It's that a judge let this statement stand, over the objections of Jackson family lawyers who, you know, had a problem with ectoplasmic hearsay.

I can see how the Jackson family lawyers had a problem with ectoplasmic hearsay!

2nd

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

I totally agree!

2nd

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Ok, so if I was an american being taken to court for not paying my income tax, I'm not allowed to enter into evidence any of the supporting evidence that the 16th amendment was never ratified, thus making it illegal. I'm not allowed to bring that up, and if I do, it's stricten from the record.

But testimony from a ghost IS admissible.

I'd laugh if this wasn't so sad

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yeah I read it after my initial reaction. Bit of a misleading title on the part of that article--I realize you were just using the title of the article as per the ATS rules.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by sled735

Ok, so if I was an american being taken to court for not paying my income tax, I'm not allowed to enter into evidence any of the supporting evidence that the 16th amendment was never ratified, thus making it illegal. I'm not allowed to bring that up, and if I do, it's stricten from the record.

But testimony from a ghost IS admissible.

I'd laugh if this wasn't so sad

Then the solution is simple: "I was told by no less than three members of the 61st congress that the 16th amendment was a disappointment, due to it never being ratified to their satisfaction."

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
LOL kinda reminds me of this:

edit on 6/19/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That's crazy!

About all anyone could do with testimony from the spirit world is investigate the information given to see if there is any truth to it, and her comments seems to vague to be looked into for anything. You would think if Micheal Jackson wanted his words after he died admitted in court he would of given something specific other than the doctor is innocent. There would have to be some sort of verifier, as that is what spirits do. Not that I doubt what she experienced, but without some eye opening verifier, it should of never been allowed in court.

At least that is what I am thinking.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Michael had a soul and is now a spirit???? stranger things have happened

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Legally, the testimony wasn't from Michael Jackson, it was from a man that was told by the woman claiming to speak to his ghost. In a civil proceeding, hearsay evidence is admissible, regardless of the source. I doubt the verdict will be swayed by the ghost of Michael Jackson.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
He already looks like a ghost in the OP picture
He's used to being a ghost so the transition was easy

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That's hilarious!

This kind of testimony shouldn't be allowed in court, but that's exactly what the demon plagued and money grabbing Jackson family deserves! To be slapped down by a ghost!

Seriously, does this testimony even matter? Michael insisted on being given Propofol and had used it hundreds of times before. Anyone in their right mind would know that the whole thing was an accident. Michael Jackson was Dr. Conrad Murray's meal ticket. If Murray hadn't given it to him, MJ would have just found someone else who would. He was begging everyone he could to provide him with this drug when other doctors refused.

What a farce for a lawsuit and the judge knows it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

If this is not a hoax then it shows how crazy the world has become. I wonder if it is heavy metal poisoning that is making everyone so damn bat# crazy.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

As a British man PMSL

Got to dig out rocky IV now
Can see his face as he say's it

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Keep in mind this is a civil trial. It's very different than a criminal trial in what can be submitted as "evidence." While the judge allowed this testimony (which was hearsay, I suppose
) it doesn't mean the judge will even take it into consideration when making a decision. It doesn't mean much, really.

I'm not a lawyer, though, and I'm sure someone with more knowledge could explain it better. I just know that civil cases can get kind of crazy in terms of what is offered up as evidence.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've never heard of hearsay evidence from a ghost, but that's LA for you! The judge who allowed this tripe should be removed from the bench. I know that the rules of evidence are a little more lax in a civil suit- but come on! This doesn't just border on ridiculous it is flat out crazy!

The lawsuit should not even be taking up time and resources in the court system. While Mr. Jackson was an outstanding performer he was also a notorious "Doctor Shopper" and if Conrad Murray had not given him the Propofol Jackson would have had him replaced with a doctor who would. I'm sure that AEG providing a doctor that would give Jackson what he wanted was one of the stipulations of his contract. Instead of going around suing anybody and everybody they can maybe the Jackson family needs to take a good, hard look at why MJ became a legalized junkie to begin with. Yes, there was the fire incident that caused him to start taking pain meds, but he recovered from that long ago and it has absolutely nothing to do with being medically sedated- that was something messed up in his head.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join