It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo Name List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I ran across this and didn't see it posted, in fact i dont know where to put this. Moderators move wherever you deem is the correct forum.

I thought this list was an interesting find, It has a breakdown by name and country of origin.
I thought maybe some of the ATS crowd would be interested in it.

Gitmo Name List FOIA

The one who requested the list was Charlie Savage, Washington correspondent for the NY Times.
edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
No doubt there are some extremly dangrous evil people on that list.

But they should be prosecuted properly and stand trial.
edit on 19-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Should, but you know how that goes.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Surprised that the list is dominated by prisoners from Yemen. A hell of a lot of them.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Surprised that the list is dominated by prisoners from Yemen. A hell of a lot of them.

I noticed that. Intresting as would have thought it would be dominated by Afgahnistan and Iraqi's.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It is weird. Is Yemen the birthplace of evil or something?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
It is weird. Is Yemen the birthplace of evil or something?

Im guessing they have really really lax extridition laws and also a really crap legal system that means if they wernt picked up by the USA Yemen would just let them run about and do whatever.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I guess that makes sense. Cant argue with that logic. I guess that's why Assange is still hold up in the Ecuadorian Embassy, certain country's laws and all.
edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It also depends on I think the politcal weight of the country.

A few years back they had a few UK prsioners in GITMO but the UK threw a big tantrum and we got them back (after two years and a crap load of toture
). The UK being the USA favorite pet has alot of stings to pull.

And no doubt its similar for most G8 Countrys.

Some were like Yemem which is the backwater of nowhere hasnt really got a lot of say? If they dont like it what are they going to do?

Its not fair but how it works. The weaker the country the more the rest of the world can crap all over them.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
No doubt there are some extremly dangrous evil people on that list.

yes especially after having to go through the psychological meat grinders the inmates
[some falsely accused for the reward money ], are forced through

i imagine a cute, little, and naive ewok like you, after being forced to watch your spouse/children being tortured among other things that go on there. will make you grow claws, teeth, and a pair.

it will also cure you of the habit of drinking the koolaid proffered by the

extremly dangrous evil people
that created, operate, and "work" there.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

I think you mis undertand my post.

I think GITMO is no better than a gulag. It is a disgrace to the western civilised world.

No I agree I bet there are many innocent people in there that were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Infact one of the former UK inmates was put there for a number of years due to MI6 and the CIA confuseing his idenity!!!

But there are most likley a few very evil people in there too. Not everyone will be as innocent as a baby lamb will they?

That why I said they should all be given a fair trial! That way if there is no evidence or they are held they illegaly then they can be released and if they are massive threats? then a jury can find them guilty and they can go to a normal prison.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by TheMagus

1-I think you mis undertand my post.

I think GITMO is no better than a gulag. It is a disgrace to the western civilised world.

No I agree I bet there are many innocent people in there that were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Infact one of the former UK inmates was put there for a number of years due to MI6 and the CIA confuseing his idenity!!!

2-But there are most likley a few very evil people in there too. Not everyone will be as innocent as a baby lamb will they?

3-That why I said they should all be given a fair trial! That way if there is no evidence or they are held they illegaly then they can be released and if they are massive threats? then a jury can find them guilty and they can go to a normal prison.

1-yes,your subsequent posts bear that out, apologies, just consider the "you" in my previous post as general and not directed at you.
2-ah, here is were I may have caused misunderstanding myself,

my point being:
a] why should we take the gov./mil. word concerning who is evil/a criminal/a terrorist?
Especially given their records as liars, crooks, and mass murderers?

b] places like gitmo are "terrorist"/extremist factories, moreso than any trading camps
how many innocent people who if left alone, would have lived non-noteworthy lives
are now implanted with "Spirits of Vengeance and Wrath"?

3-your faith in due process is touching, and laudable. but alas, given the numbers of convictions [by juries oft times] that years down the road, are overturned due to new exculpatory evidence, or revelations of prosecutorial bad faith, or outright malfeasance [and do note that prosecutors have all sorts of immunities]...
i won't hold my breath, especially in light of 2a,

nor should you mate.

new topics

top topics

join