It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Council - Stupid Bill Forbidding Cops from Describing Suspects

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Community Safety Act. More stupidity from the city of New York. There is already a no-profiling law in place in NYC. This new law would just tie the hands of police to be able to go after perps. The police would be unable to describe a perp so I don't know how they could be expected to be able to go after them.

NYC - City Council on wrong track with bill to forbid cops from describing suspects

The forbidden descriptors include race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, immigration or citizenship status, disability (including HIV status) or occupation.
Here’s how that plays out:

“Officer, I was just robbed by a white man who walked with a limp and was about 5-foot-5.”

“Sorry, ma’am, I can’t look for a disabled white guy, but I will put out an APB on a 5-foot-5 robber of undetermined sex.”

This is from the New York Daily News. I hope someone here can prove this is a hoax. Otherwise .... NYC is doomed. I predict a mass extinction due to it earning The Darwin Award in the near future.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Another good reason for everyone to be armed. i had some major vandalism a while back and caught good picture on video the cop told me he couldn't use it because he had to witness the crime. I told him I had a backhoe and there wouldn't be anymore calls from me. He gave me a funny look I told him your not going to see any crime here.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

I didn't even think of that. Bloomberg isn't exactly a 2nd Amendment rights protector, is he?
Put this bill on top of Bloomberg being anti-2nd Amendment and you empower the perps for sure.
to you for bringing that aspect into it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The city council is run by Christine Quinn ,who is running for mayor . She's has strong armed the council into doing everything she wants,for 12 years. She's also Bloombergs right hand man .
She's a cretin for the most part.
She is just like Bloomberg ,buying everyone off to do her bidding,with money and outrageous favors.

Don't blame nyc for idiotic politicians . We certainly don't vote for them .
Quinn should be in jail for her slush fund issue alone ,and all of it was swept under the carpet .

Quinn is also gay ,and she denounces profiling of gays ,ergo ,any and all alleged profiling must be abandoned .
Thus,this moronic bill .

If she's elected mayor ,expect it to get much worse than it was with Bloomberg ,as she is absolutely 1000 times worse than he is,if that's even possible .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of the incident the other day where kids destroyed a home, neighbor locked them in a closet and is now facing charges for DEFENDING the home.

I guess i have a bit of respect for his self control, if it was me i would have been taking off my belt.

Is it just me or are criminals protected now days? Its not just NYC that's doing down the drain, as this happened here in Clyde NY.

I dont understand the world.
edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I lived in a city that did this.

Theres only so much value to a report of a suspect wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. Listening to a scanner there was hillarious. So many were vocal on the radio about how stupid it was and they say things like "alleged human" and "bi-pedal-mamal or posiibly reptile."

Needless to say that city was and still is a bankrupt, crime-ridden cesspool. But I guess theyre feeling good about it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
If she's elected mayor ,expect it to get much worse than it was with Bloomberg ,as she is absolutely 1000 times worse than he is,if that's even possible .

OMG! That's really bad. Bloomberg is a ninny. If this woman is worse than him ..

Looking at this bill forbidding cops from describing the perps, I have to say that the person
who came up with is is an absolute moron. Does NYC really want someone this stupid
running the show? Didn't they get enough stupidity with Bloomberg????

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We didn't want bloomberg for his illegal third term either ,but money talk ,bullpoopie walks.
Quinn is a career politician ,who stepped on numerous people to get ahead .
I pray for karma to intervene .
Most of the other candidates running ,no one has even heard of ,but now Anthony Weiner has entered the race .
Everyone has heard of him ,but it depends if he's been forgiven .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I lived in a city that did this.

Needless to say that city was and still is a bankrupt, crime-ridden cesspool. But I guess theyre feeling good about it.

Maybe that's the goal here. To increase crime.

Then they will have an opportunity to "save us" with their tough new laws...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Then they will have an opportunity to "save us" with their tough new laws...

Might not be the explicit goal but it may be a side effect. If there's one thing cops and politicians DO NOT want it's crime reduction.

Think of all the leverage being "tough on crime" gets and all the money "war on crime" brings in and how many times municipalities have essentially said to taxpayers "give us more money or we'll let rapists and murderers loose into the street."

A reduction of crime is only benefits us common folk. An increase in crime will always benefit the political and enforcement classes.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
Don't blame nyc for idiotic politicians . We certainly don't vote for them .

Don't vote? How do they get their jobs?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

No, the folks who run NYC are too dense to be that creative. And it's true Quinn takes political correctness to a whole new level.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
they cant profile people, yet they can 'stop and frisk'
ummmm wtf???

I am so glad I'm not a New Yorker anymore, when people hear my accent and ask if I'm from Ny, I say no I'm from NJ

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Allow me to give some insight into how the cops get around this and, at the same time, shed some light on why this Bill might have some rational thinking behind it.

Several years ago, a friend of mine told me a story about the police working the South Street Seaport area of NYC. She had a friend on the force and he told her how they would issue alerts whenever they were looking for a suspect. The officer was explaining how the call went out and how they would try to mask the description so as to avoid tipping off anyone who was listening. African american suspects were not described as black, or African American but, rather, as Canadians. I dont know how this started or if it was also done with one eye on their work on one eye on adding humor to the calls but, apparently, the African American community, or at least the people who they thought might be aiding the criminal element in the vicinity, got wind of the Canadian description so they changed it, as they often had to do. At the time of her retelling the story, the local precinct was using "#10" as their descriptor for skin color when it pertained to African Americans.

Why #10?

The 10th color in the crayola box is black.

Funny? Perhaps.

Racist? Perhaps.

It is possible that the folks who are behind this bill are trying to avoid this kind of thing and, in the process, are making harder for our police to enforce the laws they are sworn to uphold.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Same way Bush and Obomba got their second terms.

. How else did bloomberg end up even running for a third term .You know who helped make that possible,right ?
Hilary Clinton pulled strings so he could run a third time. The moment he "won" ,he changed the laws back to two term limits . The middle class do not vote for them ,at all . The poor don't vote for them .
So who did ?

His rich buddies call in favors .
You think the polls are legit...

Do you know anyone,anywhere in the USA,who voted for Bush his second term . Anyone who knows anyone who did ?

Ron Paul won a bunch of GOP elections,but somehow,he didnt ?

Quinn has already paid off dozens of rich people with all kinds of promises . Who do you think renamed all the bridges and tunnels ?
She asked they endorse her for mayor,and voila ,a bridge is named for you .
You back her with 1000s,she promises you primo land for condos . She has almost every developer in the city in her pocket ,while closing hospitals and tearing down landmarks to let them build condos .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I go out of NY ,everyone says,Brooklyn ?
No,there are distinctive Brooklyn ,queens and Bronx accents .
NJ you say ,no new Yorker would buy it

I was once down in New Orleans ,and a guy walking a couple of dogs stopped me in mid step ,as I walked by chatting with friends,and he went YOU'RE FROM NYC !!!!

So was he . Been in NO for 13 years . You never lose the ear for it .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

You might like this video, does the accents of the 5 boroughs of NYC

edit on 6/19/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well I grew up in bayside ,so I have a queens accent with mild long island inflection ,but then I worked in the Bronx for 12 years . So I have mostly queens accent,but I can go street very easily

Thank yoi

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I was born in Far Rockaway then moved out to Lawn Guyland when I was 7 til I was about 20, then enlisted (MEPSed out of Brooklyn) and only been back 3 times since for funerals

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In a world of dwindling resources, criminals are the new 'oil'. They have to be protected. They have to be cultivated and feel safe so that they grow en masse. At this point, they can be harvested. Then off they go to the private prisons. This gives jobs to thousands of unemployed people as prison builders, prison decorators, prison cleaners, prison guards, and prisoners. All those people in full time occupation. The economy supported by a crop of 'crime' and there you go! New businesses in private prisons booming and the economy rescued from the brink.
We have noticed a similar tendency in the UK for there not to be descriptions given on TV, (except for crime watch)' when certain crimes take place. The mug shot on new is rare and heaven forbid anyone even DARE to defend themselves! Tut! Tut! Tut! You are definitely look at being arrested and investigated for not just letting yourself be killed or assaulted. Police find it so much easier to deal with a murder than different people's accounts of what may have happened.
Ever wonder why 'super heroes' have to wear masks? To protect themselves from the police!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join