It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Niether Body nor Spirit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ

Isn't the end of this path, the realization of enlightenment... isn't that when we realize that there is no one to unfold and no path to travel?

End of the path? I would say it is just the beginning, in relative terms.

Realization of non-duality at the gross or physical level is a precursor to the realization of non-duality in the subtle or astral states of consciousness, then followed by self-realization in the causal or subconscious states. And even this is far from "the end"...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Now I find ways to affirm life, not by meditating, or sitting, or by searching for some spirituality,

This sounds a bit dismissive towards those who meditate and search for their spirituality.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

The endless end is the beginningless beginning.....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

And yet, when we yield to the idea of a god (merely for the sake of conversation) we say, but it is your god that gave us the desire to love the world. It is vehemently denied by the believers.

No, they say, we are given unto temptation to test us.

Test us, we inquire? We are on this earth for less than a hundred years to be tested in order to see if we are worthy of eternity in heaven? Isn't this like a child being sent to the first grade for two hours to see if they are worthy of college? What could we possibly learn in so short a time? The premise is absurd.

Great post, LM. I loved every bit of it. I only wish I had your way with words.

edit on 6/23/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Test us, we inquire? We are on this earth for less than a hundred years to be tested in order to see if we are worthy of eternity in heaven? Isn't this like a child being sent to the first grade for two hours to see if they are worthy of college? What could we possibly learn in so short a time? The premise is absurd.

It makes more sense when such a belief in God incorporates the law of karma and reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

This sounds a bit dismissive towards those who meditate and search for their spirituality.

One who is convicted in their methods does not need justification from me. It is dismissive, but not to anything other than aspects of my own history.

I think there is much value in us disagreeing with each other. Like me, you don't need anyone to tell you what works for you. That's the beauty of it. But to refine our own cultures, it must stand up to our own criticism.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ
reply to post by mysticnoon

The endless end is the beginningless beginning.....

No beginning, no end and no path. Just this - eternal presence.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj
Test us, we inquire? We are on this earth for less than a hundred years to be tested in order to see if we are worthy of eternity in heaven?

There is no test - it is a game you play with yourself. Everyone looks outside themselves and blames God for it (whatever it is) but there is actually nothing outside. There is no in or out. It is just you hiding and when you hide from yourself you will feel lost , you will feel like you are missing something and you will be seeking. When in seeking mode you hurt and it feels like hell. When you find yourself you will feel complete and fulfilled, it will feel like heaven. It's just a game of hide and seek.

Isn't this like a child being sent to the first grade for two hours to see if they are worthy of college? What could we possibly learn in so short a time? The premise is absurd.

You are not here a short time. You are here for eternity.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

UG has a way of... not sugar-coating anything he says at all.

~~~

"My teaching, if that is the word you want to use, has no copyright. You are free to reproduce, distribute, interpret, misinterpret, distort, garble, do what you like, even claim authorship, without my consent or the permission of anybody."

-- U.G.
edit on 24-6-2013 by HarryTZ because: added quote

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join