It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Responsability and The Story of Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hi, first let me start by saying these few bits. I don't have much to substantiate this claim but my own observation and experience. Secondly, it is short and to the point.

After many many many many hours of reading and study and lecture, after many many many spiritual experiences from that which we do not speak of to meditation, sweat lodge ceremony, wicca ritual, satanic ritual, church, and i dont even know what else im missing i have come to a point where i hold firm to one belief and here it is in a nutshell...

(when i say "i am" anything what i mean is i am speaking as if i were you not myself, im not making any claims here im just presenting a theory)

The story of Jesus is a story of personal responsibility and it is not meant to be anything but a guide. It is to guide you to the path of understanding that we are all the Jesus figure inherently. I am the one who has to take personal responsibility over everything. I must represent god. I must be god. I am Jesus.

Now, take this into consideration as if you believe it and see if you can handle that responsibility. I know for sure im not fully explaining my theory. If you ask the right questions and get into a legitimate conversation maybe we can take this thread further then what it is right now. If not, your loss not mine, pearls before swine.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

My problem with personal responsibility is that when I hear about it, so often the speaker is talking about what somebody else needs to do. So first question: Do you consider behaving like Jesus to be your responsibility?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well... you won't get any Christian to agree with you on the I am God/Jesus theory...

Though It seems you get the basic idea...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Well I think one would need some scriptural evidence for such a stance, and not just a background of having experimented with a lot of other faiths.

What is personal responsibility?
How much of life is fated by God, if He knows and controls everything?
How much is life then guided by circumstance and experience?
How much do the gods (in the ancient Greek version of the puzzle) or God enable us to make equal moral and ethical decisions based on our backgrounds?
If we are born in other countries with other religions, is that our responsibility?
If you're a Muslim in Saudi Arabia, is it your responsibility if you don't know the currently fashionable Jesus?
Really?

At least according to the "reborn" US Christianity, Jesus teaches responsibility only as far as accepting Him as your Savior.
If you accept Jesus, and you're a serial killer moments before your execution, you will be saved.
If you repent before death, no matter what you've done, you will be saved.
On the other hand, a good Hindu saint that has only performed good deeds will burn in hell.

Now how does such a philosophy talk about personal responsibility?
It's all about faith in a blood sacrifice that took the price for our sins.
This is the furthest thing from personal responsibility.

It may be very nice in some ways, but personal responsibility it is not.

edit on 19-6-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Yes, and i dont mean behaving like, i mean more like becoming.

not becoming being
edit on 19-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Though It seems you get the basic idea...

What do you mean?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

What is personal responsibility?

What i mean by this statement is basically accepting yourself as the Christ.

How much of life is fated by God, if He knows and controls everything?

None of it is fated by God, its as if he is waiting for my decision to accept myself as his son, or daughter and goddess.

How much is life then guided by circumstance and experience?

What if the point of life is to just continue and continue and continue and its all about all of us becoming the Christ in each of our paradigms.

How much do the gods (in the ancient Greek version of the puzzle) or God enable us to make equal moral and ethical decisions based on our backgrounds?

Think Neo in the Matrix, when he accepts what he is as himself and takes responsibility for whats going on he is then what he becomes. If that makes sense.

If we are born in other in countries with other religions, is that our responsibility?

Lets not limit it to just one version of the story. What if they are just players in the play?

If you're a Muslim in Saudi Arabia, is it your responsibility if you don't know the currently fashionable Jesus?

Im just using the most familiar story im not claiming any christian faith based fundamental claims trust me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The story of Jesus is a story of personal responsibility

It is to guide you to the path of understanding

I am the one who has to take personal responsibility over everything.

I must represent god.

That's a good basic idea of the story

edit on 19-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm all Pro responsibility. I try and don't do, what I don't want others to do to me.
I'll try to be the center of my world, influence people to get caught by the things I do.

I turn my other cheek, and forgive. If some more would, then we would not see so many conflict.

Jesus never claimed to be God. He said he was his son. Christianity gave him the same status as God.
We can only survive, if we work together, instead of what happens if we don't.
We can be manipulated by a few. Simple divide and conquer... Would we be as easily divided, and make us turn against each other, if we would follow, these simple rules ?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

What if this world is something of a test for us to pass? Such as, to pass the test of earth you have to realize that, man i dont know how to put this, you kind of, move past it in a way. Ok, lets go back to the Jesus example, just for theory, lets say that for example Jesus passed the earth test and was able to move into the Jesus paradigm. In order to pass the test he has to become more then the world. You know what i mean? Like no longer does the world matter.

You might have to clarify that thought more for me with some key questions.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Jesus is simply 'the way' towards the path of proper enlightenment. Once you understand his ways upon reaching some sort of Enlightenment you will be on your way to being on the right path towards Heaven. To believe in Jesus Christ isn't to believe in some figure - it's to believe in everything he represents as a person through his actions. I love Jesus Christ because he showed us the the opening to the beginning of the path.

I believe in Jesus Christ.

I'm far from a religious person, let alone a Christian. I found him on my own terms and sometimes that's the best way to find God because very rarely you will properly find him sitting in a Church listening to someone preaching unless you are really 'listening' so to speak.

Even Jesus hated Religion, I know I do because it misleads many.

I read somebody who had a NDE - went to the gates of Heaven and asked why the member of his Church wasn'tgetting in through the gate of Heaven. 20 of 2000 of Church members made it through.This is why it says in the Bible that the path is narrow and not many will find it.

Everything Jesus represents is the actions of a person who puts his own Ego aside, this is why it was Jesus was never tempted because he killed his Ego. We all know that none of us on Earth will be perfect like the son of God Jesus Christ but as long as we believe in him - even if our temptations misleads us - we are saved.

I like to believe Satan, also meaning Diablo which translates to 'the accuser' and we all know how our Ego likes to accuse others and not take responsibilties for our own actions right? My point is, I believe Satan represents Ego. Where 10,000 years ago they described Satan as what we describe today as Ego.

I have read many veres that poves Satan is in fact our Ego and is within us. One of them..

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. - 1 Peter 5:8

Upon reading that, Ego was the first thing that popped in my mind. Ever see those Gangsta wannabe kids walking by you and you could almost feed their negative energy almost as if there was a 'roaring lion' on the inside of them? Be alert and sober mind - don't let your Ego control you, because it does so when most people don't even realize it.

I've been wanting to make a thread regarding this topic, I just haven't gotten round to it. But this sums the idea up quite well so maybe this will do? I should also remind you, after I found that Satan was infact Ego - I quickly went to google and found out that I'm not the only one who believes so. It seems that it's a new Age thing and people are starting to ask that question.

Is Satan really Ego?

The answers is within yourself, in the Bible, but most important it's all around you. Open your eyes, open your eyes and watch and see, listen and learn and you shall be set free.

edit on 19-6-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

What if this world is something of a test for us to pass? Such as, to pass the test of earth you have to realize that, man i dont know how to put this, you kind of, move past it in a way. Ok, lets go back to the Jesus example, just for theory, lets say that for example Jesus passed the earth test and was able to move into the Jesus paradigm. In order to pass the test he has to become more then the world. You know what i mean? Like no longer does the world matter.

You might have to clarify that thought more for me with some key questions.

That's actually correct as well to an extent...

this life is a test... more like a school...

Though Jesus was the one who set the standard... he wasn't a student like the rest of us...

he was the teacher...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Jesus is simply 'the way' towards the path of proper enlightenment. Once you understand his ways upon reaching some sort of Enlightenment you will be on your way to being on the right path towards Heaven. To believe in Jesus Christ isn't to believe in some figure - it's to believe in everything he represents as a person through his actions. I love Jesus Christ because he showed us the the opening to the beginning of the path.

But lets take that 1 step further.... not believing what he represents but believing that what he represents is YOU

I believe in Jesus Christ.

I believe in myself.

Everything Jesus represents is the actions of a person who puts his own Ego aside, this is why it was Jesus was never tempted because he killed his Ego. We all know that none of us on Earth will be perfect like the son of God Jesus Christ but as long as we believe in him - even if our temptations misleads us - we are saved.

Thats kind of where im going with the attachment to the world and becoming more then the world and a non egotistical way. The post i made above.

I have read many veres that poves Satan is in fact our Ego and is within us. One of them..

This could almost be its own topic, i have been around a few people who i think represent this figure, weather this was manifest through my consciousness or not i dont know.

Upon reading that, Ego was the first thing that popped in my mind. Ever see those Gangsta wannabe kids walking by you and you could almost feed their negative energy almost as if there was a 'roaring lion' on the inside of them? Be alert and sober mind - don't let your Ego control you, because it does so when most people don't even realize it.

Im a professional fighter, the only reason i tell you this is because of my cultures association with ego, you can imagine the turmoil i go through everyday with my ego, and it wins a lot.

Is Satan really are Ego?

I dont know man, but he is defiantly using ego as his tool of insemination. I can see him in others and its their ego that makes it so obvious, is he ego? i dont think hes ego i think its a weakness, this satan charachter/entity is something apart of us but can i solely define it as ego, i dont think so.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I see what your saying. Lets make this more objective for the sake of this not being a typical ATS off the wall conversation that a bunch of people take out of context. What is this entity was some sort algorithm.

Algorithm

In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm (Listeni/ˈælɡərɪðəm/ AL-gə-ri-dhəm) is a step-by-step procedure for calculations. Algorithms are used for calculation, data processing, and automated reasoning.

edit on 19-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Akragon

I see what your saying. Lets make this more objective for the sake of this not being a typical ATS off the wall conversation that a bunch of people take out of context. What this is entity was some sort algorithm.

Algorithm

In mathematics and computer science, an algorithm (Listeni/ˈælɡərɪðəm/ AL-gə-ri-dhəm) is a step-by-step procedure for calculations. Algorithms are used for calculation, data processing, and automated reasoning.

You're talkin to the wrong guy when it comes to math my dear...

I can philosophise with the best of em... but when math is involved I usually run

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Ok, this is heresy according to mainstream religion in any case, but quite interesting.

Christ was crucified and died a brutal death aged 33.

I don't understand why anyone would want to become Christ (even if was possible for a single human to perform mythological acts, or assume omnipotent responsibilities like the Biblical Jesus).

Isn't it suicidal?

If you want to be Jesus, then where would you like to be whipped, tortured and willingly nailed to a cross, with a crown of nasty thorns?

Must it be Jerusalem, or is the local park OK?

Perhaps this is all meant more mystical and metaphorical, although so far it seems like it is possible to be like Jesus, either as a religious or historical figure.
edit on 19-6-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I'm all Pro responsibility. I try and don't do, what I don't want others to do to me.
I'll try to be the center of my world, influence people to get caught by the things I do.

I turn my other cheek, and forgive. If some more would, then we would not see so many conflict.

Jesus never claimed to be God. He said he was his son. Christianity gave him the same status as God.
We can only survive, if we work together, instead of what happens if we don't.
We can be manipulated by a few. Simple divide and conquer... Would we be as easily divided, and make us turn against each other, if we would follow, these simple rules ?

Actually both Son of Man and Son of God are used with Christ. And its an inner story, reflected in his Love and Service to Others, Giving. But it has to do with awakening that Single Eye on a Loving Frequency to connect with Source and Higher Self.

The son of man awakens, and becomes the Son of God.

Alot can be read here:

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

There are literally hundreds more verses that involve the number 40, but this short list should suffice to show you how important it is. So what does 40 represent?

Many commentaries and religious leaders can tell you that 40 represents a time of testing and trial. But what they might not explain is that on the grand scale 40 represents the experience of spirit in the physical body. So the number 40 doesn’t represent different trials you might face in life so much as it represents the testing and trial of your physical life as a whole!

As you already know, the average gestation period of a baby in the womb is 40 weeks (en.wikipedia.org...), a further confirmation that the number 40 in the Bible is symbolic of a physical lifespan.

Sow how does all this relate to Jesus’ 40-day sojourn in the desert to confront Satan? In the literal story, we see this as an individual trial in the many trails Jesus experienced. But in the grander scheme Jesus’ 40 days and nights in the desert exemplifies what every human has to go through in a lifetime to evolve on the path to Christ consciousness.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I get what your saying. That was the first story right... and were just sticking to the example of christianity because im familiar enough with it to use it here... now... upon the second coming, isn't it suppose to go the other way? There are a few other angles i am examining currently,

1) what if this is apart of the point of asking to become more then the world, accepting this part knowingly?

2) Conspiracy, what if that was added into the story to scare people?

3) When you accept and fully realize you become and are what it is to be this figure, at which this wouldnt matter.

Losing the world to gain the universe. Thats kind of what im saying, when you ask yourself these questions, what are you really asking, what is the real purpose and where does it really come from? Is it fear? What is it, and why?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ill have to check it out.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Im more talking about the definition, not really math, but what the definition of an algorithm is, conceptualize it with what im saying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join