It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest in Washington Wednesday June 19 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Source

The largest Tea party protest since 2010 is tomorrow’

Hers is what gets me about America's attention span.
[link to petition removed by staff]

In Three days this petition was at 60 000 signatures and if the momentum kept going, by the end of the week, last Friday, there would have been 100 000 signatures for the WH to comment on this petition about

Edward Snowden is a national hero and should be immediately issued a a full, free, and absolute pardon for any crimes he has committed or may have committed related to blowing the whistle on secret NSA surveillance programs.

But as of today six days later at 84, 000.

This protest has the potential to start a momentum, regardless of your Political association, to bring down the Obama administration, not just on the IRS, but for Benghazi, NSA, oh and for the BIRTHERS too.

With all do respect, the fate of the world rest in the hands of the American people, and it is scary because of how ignorant the American people, WERE and there are those who still are.

What is scary is how little effect this protest may have because of the Labels that Americans so frequently, and the rest of the population, like to use. Or maybe, people have become aware of the meaning/symbolism behind the tea party movement?

Best case scenario, this protest, demonstration does not end and by Independence Day Americans can re-evaluate the meaning or definition of what it truly means.

I question such optimism in the world we live in, but if there was every a time, for the American people to collectively prove to the world what they are made of an practise what they preach, Liberty and Justice for all, I could not think of a better start, then well, yesterday.

edit on Wed Jun 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post. use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

to bring down the Obama administration, not just on the IRS, but for Benghazi, NSA, oh and for the BIRTHERS too

wooww

i will joint them if i were you sir..how about you?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Go get 'em....my sisters and brothers....from Tulalip and snohomish out to mt vernon....and south to Payne Field issaquah, sammamish, Tiger mountain, renton, olympia....proud of Ya!

edit on 18-6-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

edit on 18-6-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
This protest has the potential to start a momentum, regardless of your Political association, to bring down the Obama administration, not just on the IRS, but for Benghazi, NSA, oh and for the BIRTHERS too.

No chance. Especially the part about the birthers.

By the way, where were all the Tea Party protesters when Bush introduced this NSA spying regime? Why didn't they complain about that? Does it only count when Obama continues Bush's policies?

With all do respect, the fate of the world rest in the hands of the American people

No it doesn't. It honestly doesn't.

And the word is 'due', not 'do.' And LOL at the failed petition. Pathetic.
edit on 18/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

By the way, where were all the Tea Party protesters when Bush introduced this NSA spying regime? Pathetic.

unborn? [unless you believe al gore]
AHEM the Tea_Party_movement

Pathetic.

you said it

no doubt a flame fest is imminent to deny your ignorance
let me get a popcorn bag...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken

No chance. Especially the part about the birthers.

By the way, where were all the Tea Party protesters when Bush introduced this NSA spying regime? Why didn't they complain about that? Does it only count when Obama continues Bush's policies?

With all do respect, the fate of the world rest in the hands of the American people

No it doesn't. It honestly doesn't.

And the word is 'due', not 'do.' And LOL at the failed petition. Pathetic.

That was then this is now.

Once, I'd like to see a little optimism from you, just a smidge.

The point was then made, thanks for the support, my spelling or grammar can get a little sloppy at times, one or two slip through here and there, so I'm glad somebodies paying attention.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I would, but I would want to know honestly that I would be safe in America. The US GOVT and I do not see eye to eye.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

It is a Fantastic gesture, But, the boy is a Toasted Cheese Sandwich when they get their hands on him.

Don't get me wrong. I am Rooting for the guy. He did the Right thing to do. He was just following Fundamental philosophies . . .. . .. ... When something is wrong those who have the ability to rectify the bad situation have the Responsibility to do something about it. .. . And,. .. If you see someone doing something and you don't stop them to correct it, you have just set a new standard.

I would not suspect that even a million signatures would change the governments minds. They are Dead Set on getting their revenge. He gave them one hell of a swift Kick right in the Grapes. You can see that they are Really Hosed as they are spending Millions of YOUR TAX dollars for Damage Control. They have had people testify that what he did was put the country in danger and one today testifying that because of those program WE have managed to circumvented over 50 terrorist acts in the country.

In addition, on a small personal note, I would just like to mention that . .. . .. . Everyone has Extremely Good Intentions by coming together and doing this and that is Great. However, . I think everyone is going to choke when they Discover that they have just Created a NEW GOTO KIST FOR THE NSA.. . .. .. . . .. ..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

The standard was set with transparency by previous administrations. Obama and co. are going down BUSH's CLINTON's Cheney Rumsfield, Mccain, the list will be long yes, long over due.

There is no line in the sand, its etched in stone. If the American people do not take action, show their support for people like the Paul's, sign as many petitions, law suits, as they can to clean up corruption, like you said, precedent has been set and is in full view of the world to see with the state of Syria, America(irs, nsa, AP, bengahzi, Birthers, Occultist in the white house) an any number political scandals or UN sanctioned world banking funded resolution they have set forth, to create their world through order

Bold and Brave as it may be it certainly is not my ideal utopia.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I thought that we already determined that you were foreigner and your opinion of American politics is irrelevant
I fail to see how someone from Australia could be such an Obama lover. Is he your dad or something? .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
In all honesty it will take more then one protest. We need massive protests. Not just in Washington. I firmly believe We may have gotten to the point where voting is null and void. Keeping protests small and not relevant is a way for the government to let the people blow off some steam. This way they can continue on their track to total control. Unless the american people get serious and really demand that this government stop what they are doing or else. This one protest is a piss into the wind.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar111
In all honesty it will take more then one protest. We need massive protests. Not just in Washington. I firmly believe We may have gotten to the point where voting is null and void. Keeping protests small and not relevant is a way for the government to let the people blow off some steam. This way they can continue on their track to total control. Unless the american people get serious and really demand that this government stop what they are doing or else. This one protest is a piss into the wind.

If voting is null and void then what the hell did the US have last November?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A pre- determined election. Your vote was to make you feel like you have made a difference. We have not had a real election since computers was used. No real paper trail.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkstar111

Darkstar is right, your Presidents have been hand picked but not by voting, of the American People.

This protest has all the begins of a movement. This is the start, do not let it stop, of bringing Obama out of the WH.

Only, Only if by Friday and the attention span of American is not worn off by the weekend, then this protest should continue and not stop until your goal is achieved, Obama and co. are brought to JUSTICE.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

to bring down the Obama administration, not just on the IRS, but for Benghazi, NSA, oh and for the BIRTHERS too

wooww

i will joint them if i were you sir..how about you?

Well why didn't you say blunts were involved? Now everybody will be there!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The Fall of Obama

RT

“I think people were disappointed – as you already mentioned, five years ago there were 200,000 people listening to Obama and this time there were 4,000 handpicked people, most likely mainly American – that’s just, like, two percent of what he could gather as a senator,” Frederik Roeder from European Students for Liberty told RT’s Peter Oliver in Berlin.

That is a big loss of support for a man who campaigned on change five years ago and brought the same ideas as the previous administration. The only change he has made is in the consciousness of the people who sincerely believed things would get better and were promised such.

It comes down to perspective, what good has Obama done since elected President, or who has benefited from His Presidency?

Not the people of America or the world, which by definition does not make him a freedom fighter for the people, it makes him a conjuror of terrorism to the masses

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

English is not his first language so give him a kit kat (break) however you would be guaranteed a peaceful calm protest with a bunch of laughs that's for sure. Maybe we can raid the stockpile of drugs that the CIA has, actually I'm sure they don't care much for Mary as the do for the more pricier stuff that makes them plane loads of cash.

Pictures

This link is of pictures of the speech Obama gave in Germany, 82 percent of Germans approve of his presidency, yet where was their support for him, today?

edit on 19-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join