It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNAP OUT OF IT! - Excellent Article by Michael C. Ruppert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's a long read but very interesting. Enjoy

SNAP OUT OF IT!

The Day to Forget the November 2nd Election Forever is November 3rd

The Rest of the World Fights the Empire With Money - What We Should Have Been Doing Here All Along

Now is the Time to Attack on the Fronts Where We Have Real Power

by Michael C. Ruppert

November 5, 2004 1900 PDT (FTW) - The rest of the world has known for some time that it is pointless to oppose this Empire either militarily or electorally. They haven't the resources for the former and are legally barred from the latter. I think it's time the American people adopted the same philosophy. We are, after all, legally barred from inspecting electronic voting machines. The rest of the world has been fighting with money and public relations because these tactics work and work well. This is a lesson that American activists and true patriots should have learned four years ago. Now the tempo of battle will increase just as surely as the stakes have been raised both globally and domestically for us all.

While everyone waits for the administration's first move a Rubicon has been crossed and there is no turning back. America will fight for oil wherever it feels the need.

Now the real Fourth World War begins. Sorry to disappoint all the scriptwriters and futurists who were thinking exclusively in terms of bombs, plagues, famine etc. The first weapons of mass destruction in this war will be economic and they will be devastating beyond imagination.

I feel good now, three days after the election. It was much easier for me to recover than most because FTW and its readers had less invested in the election than most. But I am not so glib or cavalier as to overlook the massive disillusionment that weighs like a wet blanket on all who had hoped that their prodigious efforts might oust the Neo-cons.

The biggest blessing today is that the disillusionment is so deep, so fundamental, that at last people who have bound themselves to ineffective political strategies may rethink their deeper core beliefs; their beliefs about what America was supposed to be versus what it has become. They will redraw their maps. Perhaps with that process - painful as it might be - will also come a willingness to abandon strategies which no longer work for entirely different ones that do. In order for that to happen, however, those on the left, as well as those conservative and libertarian voices who wanted to return a degree of sanity to the Republican party, will have to admit that America is not America anymore.

We are living in a foreign land; a nation that is behaving like our enemy; a nation which has weaknesses and vulnerabilities.

This nation is so deeply divided that the words "civil war" stand for a possibility that is no longer remote. Next year, even the next few months, will reveal these deep and irreconcilable divisions. The electoral process is dead. Only the fear that there is nothing to replace it except revolution and bloodshed will prevent people from seeing that there are different ways to fight; ways that should have been adopted four years ago. The rest of the world knows that physical force is not effective in this struggle and the rest of the world has something to teach us. We will look anew perhaps at the Second Amendment to the Constitution, but it is in what's left of the First that we will find our strength. The freedom of association includes within it the right to decide where and how to spend our money.

Perhaps out of fear, perhaps out of prudence, I have been told that some activists and whistleblowers are planning on leaving the country in short order. A thought I have seen circulate in discussions since the election is that many well-known activists and whistleblowers think it wise to run before Dick Cheney and Karl Rove get their legs and start hunting us down, one by one. Reuters published a November 3rd story about many Democrats seeking to emigrate to Canada.

As a man who has written a book charging the President and especially the Vice President, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the Commander of NORAD, the Secretary of Defense, the Attorney General and the former Directors of Central Intelligence and the FBI with multiple counts of premeditated murder, it is my belief that it is foolish to wait and see what the administration does. Now is the time to attack, and to attack with all of the vigor our movement and our wounded, offended spirits can muster. It is our best means of self healing. If we cut and run now, we die.

No longer is that word hyperbolic.

I am going on the attack.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael C. Ruppert
...A thought I have seen circulate in discussions since the election is that many well-known activists and whistleblowers think it wise to run before Dick Cheney and Karl Rove get their legs and start hunting us down, one by one. Reuters published a November 3rd story about many Democrats seeking to emigrate to Canada...

This guy's been watching Star Wars too much. Just let Dick Cheney = Emperor Palpatine and Karl Rove = Darth Vader (and, I guess, liberals = the Jedi) in his comments.
No one is going to hunt anyone down. Even if all the conspiracy theories were true, doesn't he realize that he would have most likely been 'hunted down' before Bush ran for reelection, when Bush needed him 'out of the way' the most? Bush would have nothing to gain at this point by 'hunting down' liberals... it would just be a waste of resources and time for him now.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael C. Ruppert
The electoral process is dead.

It is only dead to those who do not respect it.

Statements like these go a long way toward explaining the way the elections turned out. Contempt for America may sell in the cafes of the coastal elites, but they don't play in Peoria, or apparently anywhere else outside the latte and ponytail circuit.

Hopefully Mr. Ruppert will make peace with the idea of popular elections someday. If not, I'm sure we'll get by just fine without him.

join