It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Do you honestly think that single car accidents are not common

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
BODY HASN'T BEEN ID'D YET. Might not even have been him in that car. Probably being renditioned for what he knows...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Got to be an accident, they would never hurt a journalist..............its not like theyve done it before or anything.............

Gary Stephen Webb (August 31, 1955 – December 10, 2004) was a Pulitzer prize-winning American investigative journalist. Webb was best known for his 1996 "Dark Alliance" series of articles written for the San Jose Mercury News and later published as a book. In the three-part series, Webb investigated Nicaraguans linked to the CIA-backed Contras who had allegedly smuggled coc aine into the U.S. Their smuggled coc aine was distributed as crack coc aine in Los Angeles, with the profits funneled back to the Contras. Webb also alleged that this influx of Nicaraguan-supplied coc aine sparked, and significantly fueled, the widespread crack coc aine epidemic that swept through many U.S. cities during the 1980s. According to Webb, the CIA was aware of the coc aine transactions and the large shipments of drugs into the U.S. by Contra personnel.

On December 10, 2004, Gary Webb was found dead from two gunshot wounds to the head.[25] Sacramento County coroner Robert Lyons ruled that it was suicide, noting that a suicide note was found at the scene.

en.wikipedia.org...

Im not sure if this next bit is true but I once read (which is not mentioned in the wiki article) that supposedly as his funeral was drawing to a close a limo pulled up and an older gentleman in full military dress approached teh descending coffin and placed medals on it, which is believed to be an NSA tradition.

It always game me hope that there might be some good guys still out there working against the bad inside their own team

PS id keep an eye on wikileaks twitter, something coming

WikiLeaks ‏@wikileaks 2h

Michael Hastings death has a very serious non-public complication. We will have more details later.

edit on 19-6-2013 by newpopeislast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
wow! great another conspiracy theory that happens about a mile from me and I am asleep for this :/

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That picture suggest that someone made this accident happen or that there was some really odd malfunction with his car. The road is even straight but yet he somehow ended up crashing straight into that tree.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I wonder who was chasing him, maybe a black SUV? Or even more so a Drone? He very well could have been looking up or in his rear view mirror when he loss control of his vehicle. Kind of reminds me of how Princess Diana went out.

And what's up with the Bohemian Owl on the sign behind the crashed car? Is that some kind of a sick joke? It's The Illuminati! They left their mark!

Nah, I think it's just a neighborhood watch sign, but it had me going for a minute. LMAO! ~$heopleNation

edit on 19-6-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
...Why can this not be just an accident? I confess, I don't know much about this... But isn't it conceivable that he lost control, and hit a tree... This kind of thing happens A LOT.

It could be a strange freak accident, but it is also possible that someone did this to him. Todays modern cars have all kinds of computer controls that could have backdoors to trigger an accident like this. And this is not the first time that someone that is disliked by state suddenly end up in such a freak accident or commit "suicide".

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by giugliot

Originally posted by MrPlow

Originally posted by HomerinNC
This couldnt have been an accident, he jumps over a median an crashes into a tree?
This was an assassination.

Could have been driving drunk. That possibility never occurred to you? Just saying.

Or "possibly" a meteor hitting him "accidentally"...? Nobody knows ...

Originally posted by MrPlow
I'd hate to break it to you - but even people who do important things to important people can die accidentally.

Of course. And the more they criticised the Government, the more "accidental" the accidents get.
edit on 19-6-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

Oh absolutely - it is probably ANY of those nefarious scenarios and not just an accident.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This just through on my Twitter stream from Wikileaks - don't know how to post the Tweet image, sorry.

WikiLeaks

Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

8:07 AM - 20 Jun 2013

Aussie time at the bottom, obviously.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Archie because: .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wikileaks Twitter: twitter.com...

Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

I wonder did the guy dig too deep into the rabbit hole? Or just a coincidence?

I have not commented on this thread before, although I know how common such accidents actually are. When living in US, I hated the sprinkler system in the city I lived at. The road was so slippery at some points that easily accident could have happened. Low speed worked on the times when I was using my friends car, although I did fall a couple of times with my bike. It was just too slippery at some points. So this really can be just a major coincidence easily. Panic, late night, hurry, slippery roads - put all these together and you have an accident.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Seems this is generally what happens.

Im still intrigued by all the unusual deaths of the 100+ Scientists

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Whoa that is freaky, Now I am starting to think it could have been a brake malfunction of some kind. Well, the plot thickens. Maybe his car was messed with. I wonder how soon before the crash he contacted her and I wonder what was said???

Could be something actually is up??

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

It is all over the web now. Link

I also just read there is a FOIA request to the FBI for information regarding the investigation. I think this story has legs and we will be hearing much more about this in the hours and days ahead.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by GrantedBail
THis story is all over the internet right now. In all the comment sections anyone who brings up the possibility that it may not have been an "accident" is being lambasted as a "conspiracy theorist".
edit on 18-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

False flag operation!

Obviously this is true! The requisite for a false flag is that another country or group of people are blamed for the event of the false flag. Obviously the "State of Inebriation" will be the likely culprit blamed for this event. Obviously reporters never die in accidents, they are always intentional events created by a govt gone rogue (the last 3 words I do, actually, believe) to stifle the free press. Never mind that the press does enough to damage their credibility when left alone....

Also obviously if one is not paying attention and you hit a glancing blow to a curb at high speeds, the steering wheel, and hence the tires, will NOT be yanked in the same direction (I wouldnt know, not EVER having hit a curb at even low speeds) thereby causing a loss of control propelling the vehicle in a direction unintended by the driver. Even if this happened, at high speed, surely the driver (at 4AM) would be sufficiently able to avoid trees which suddenly appear in his path.

Therefore, it is my studied opinion (using the SWAG* method) that this is indeed a false flag operation designed to kill off a journalist who, although paranoid, disturbed, and erratic still would have maintained (at 4AM) the presence of mind to avoid hitting the curb and any trees which may have jumped into his path.

The State of Inebriation catches the blame for so many accidents, which are clearly not accidents, that one would think the govt has it out for them.

I think I will move there tonight (to the State of Inebriation), but will remain in my home to avoid any false flag events the govt may have planned for me.

(* SWAG = Scientific Wild Ass Guess)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Michael Hastings last article:

Snip>Jacob Appplebaum, a transparency activist and computer savant, has been repeatedly harassed at American borders, having his laptop seized. Barrett Brown, another investigative journalist who has written for Vanity Fair, among others publications, exposed the connections between the private contracting firm HB Gary (a government contracting firm that, incidentally, proposed a plan to spy on and ruin the reputation of the Guardian’s Greenwald) and who is currently sitting in a Texas prison on trumped up FBI charges regarding his legitimate reportorial inquiry into the political collective known sometimes as Anonymous.

That’s not to mention former NSA official Thomas Drake (the Feds tried to destroys his life because he blew the whistle ); Fox News reporter James Rosen (named a “co-conspirator” by Holder’s DOJ); John Kirakou, formerly in the CIA, who raised concerns about the agency’s torture program, is also in prison for leaking “harmful” (read: embarrassing) classified info; and of course Wikileaks (under U.S. financial embargo); WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange (locked up in Ecuador’s London embassy) and, of course, Bradley Manning, the young, idealistic, soldier who provided the public with perhaps the most critical trove of government documents ever released.

The attitude the Obama administration has toward Manning is revealing. What do they think of him? “# Bradely Manning,” as one White House official put it to me last year during the campaign.

Screw Manning? Lol, screw us.

There is a bunch more. You will want to read it in light of the recent developments reported by Wikileaks and Hastings contact just hours before he was killed.

Link

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
While single car accidents are not uncommon, a car exploding and throwing the engine dozens of meters certainly is!

edit on 19-6-2013 by squarehead666 because: s&p

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I bet whoever killed him just watched Fast and the Furious 6, got himself a real Car computer chip Override device and manually drove his car into that tree.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Journalist Michael Hastings dies; autopsy results will take weeks

Los Angeles County coroner's officials said Wednesday the body recovered from a fiery, single-car crash in Hollywood that apparently killed journalist Michael Hastings will likely undergo an autopsy Thursday.

But an official cause of death and closure of the case is not likely for four to six weeks or perhaps longer, they said.

Unfortunately, I have learned from the Elisa Lam case that the Los Angeles County coroner is in absolutely no hurry to bring closure to cases that have a significant amount of public interest. In the case of Elisa Lam, the Canadian student found dead in the water tank above LA's Cecil Hotel, the coroner, who failed to find a cause of death in the first autopsy, announced that additional autopsy and toxicology tests would be needed. He estimated results in six to eight weeks. That was 19 weeks ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by giugliot

Well, it got your attention didn't it? It's a shame I had to come down to that level... But if you and others like you are going to refer to people who have a view opposite from yours as sheeple then I will continue... People die in single vehicle accidents every day... Just because someone chooses to believe that until the evidence shows otherwise, I think you should respect that...

That goes for everyone who may have responded to my comments, as you have done...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by giugliot

...Yeah that's right, because no one dies while DUI... How foolish of me and others who may have been entertaining that scenario... Aaaannnnnd of course the more famous you are the less likely you are to die in a single vehicle accident...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join