It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

Originally posted by HomerinNC
This couldnt have been an accident, he jumps over a median an crashes into a tree?
This was an assassination.

Could have been driving drunk. That possibility never occurred to you? Just saying.

Or "possibly" a meteor hitting him "accidentally"...? Nobody knows ...

Originally posted by MrPlow
I'd hate to break it to you - but even people who do important things to important people can die accidentally.

Of course. And the more they criticised the Government, the more "accidental" the accidents get.
edit on 19-6-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by giugliot

Or "possibly" a meteor hitting him "accidentally"...? Nobody knows ...

Or a drone..........?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is a scenario that plays out every single night in the United States.

In my opinion, if something unusual happened, it would come to light immediately.

We know what drone strikes look like.
We know what remote control systems look like.
We know how cars burn.
We know how cars look when crashing at various speeds into various objects.

Unless someone can actually point to something that has happened, this was most likely exactly as it is being reported.

An accident.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I see no conspiracy here. I would need to find out information on what Mr. Hastings was investigating prior to his death to start casting doubts on this being nothing more than an accident.

RIP. I hate seeing someone my age pass like that.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Really people?

A loss?

Best known for this?

"The Runaway General," captured the then-supreme commander of the U.S.-led war effort in Afghanistan openly mocking his civilian commanders in the White House

Something that most of us on ATS do on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Had it been a drone (
) there would be no car. A hellfire missile would have destroyed the vehicle and left a small crater in the grass. Along with destroying the trees in the immediate area. Car's crash, and car's burn from those crashes every single day. It doesn't even take a severe impact, just the right angle of impact. A turn signal on that cracks on impact and a small tear in the fuel line will ignite the gas fumes, which will cause an explosion. Gas fumes are extremely volatile. All it takes is a small spark to ignite them which causes a flash over engulfing the entire area the fumes are accumulated in a fireball. The longer it takes to ignite the bigger the boom that follows when ignition occurs.

edit on 6/19/2013 by EViLKoNCEPTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
questions,
1...where was he that night?
2...who was with him that night, or saw him?
3...will there be an autopsy?
4...will they examine the car?
5. .what story or investigation was he currently working on?
6...had there been death threats? and if so, by whom?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
questions,

Usually an autopsy isn't done in a single car accident unless there are witnesses that can attest to the details of the accident. My guess is that with this being a high profile individual, there will be at least a check of his blood to test for whatever.

-- The following is not meant to be taken as anything other than my unverifiable opinion based on things I have heard second hand --

I've heard he liked coke and alcohol, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they ended up in the tox-report.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

There will be an investigation which will include examination of the car, body, his whereabouts, last person to see him alive, etc. Every fatal single vehicle accident is investigated for cause. Was he drunk? Was he asleep? Was he speeding? Was there a mechanical failure? Was he tired? Did the person he was last with notice any erratic behavior? Was he suicidal? These are all questions that will be asked an answered to the best of their ability during the investigation.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The engine sure did end up a long ways from the car that is on fire in the back ground.

Here is a video from the scene.

At 3:07 in the video is that bullet holes just behind the door? I am not talking about the holes for the door handle. And looks like one at the bottom near the rocker panel.
edit on 19-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really people?

A loss?

Best known for this?

"The Runaway General," captured the then-supreme commander of the U.S.-led war effort in Afghanistan openly mocking his civilian commanders in the White House

Something that most of us on ATS do on a daily basis.

actually there is just a select few who do that on a daily basis...."most of us" would be more than 1/2 of 157,000+, who have posted, but why let accuracy get in the way of a good rant.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by jimmyx
questions,

Usually an autopsy isn't done in a single car accident unless there are witnesses that can attest to the details of the accident. My guess is that with this being a high profile individual, there will be at least a check of his blood to test for whatever.

-- The following is not meant to be taken as anything other than my unverifiable opinion based on things I have heard second hand --

I've heard he liked coke and alcohol, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they ended up in the tox-report.

Ok Shilly McShillster.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
I see no conspiracy here...

You “see” no conspiracy? Wow. What do you expect in case of an assassination? A big sign captioned: “Dear Folks, We just eliminated Mister …, regards, your secret service”...?

OF COURSE these things get covered up so that people “don’t see anything”. Hard to catch on.
edit on 19-6-2013 by giugliot because: spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler
Ok Shilly McShillster.

Yeah, you caught me, I'm a shill.

I'm probably one of the few people on this site not hiding under a fake screen name. My opinions are my own, and I state them freely and unafraid. If you want to believe that I am a 'shill' because I have opinions that differ from those of others on this site, please do so, but also understand that I really stopped caring what others think of my opinions in third grade.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Ok Shilly McShillster.

I'm probably one of the few people on this site not hiding under a fake screen name. My opinions are my own, and I state them freely and unafraid. If you want to believe that I am a 'shill' because I have opinions that differ from those of others on this site, please do so, but also understand that I really stopped caring what others think of my opinions in third grade.

I heard you like coke and alcohol too.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
The engine sure did end up a long ways from the car that is on fire in the back ground.

Here is a video from the scene.

the woman said it blew up on impact!!....huh???......if it had a an explosive device, it would...if not, it would hit the tree , the impact would spread wreckage all around the front end, as it appeared to do, with a small engine fire from the gas lines into the engine...this isn't a movie....rarely do you a have front end collision that causes the entire car to blow up, and be completely engulf in flames......something just doesn't sound right about this.
edit on 19-6-2013 by jimmyx because: syntax

edit on 19-6-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The cops got him on video flying past them.

edit on 19-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ok Shilly McShillster.

I heard you like coke and alcohol too.

Im not really sure what that has to do with this topic, but if you want to u2u me, I will engage with you on what else you might have heard about me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

At about 3:40 did that Hispanic man say that he say the car on fire already??? I know he said he was going fast fast fast on Santa Monica. He also seemed like he said the car was bottoming out. It is hard because he English is so broken??

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

He hit that tree going well over the speed limit. If he was traveling at 100mph when he lost control he probably impacted around the same speed. He hit hard enough to rip the motor mounts from the frame. Fire or not he was dead on impact. The force transferred to his spine and brain from the sudden deceleration would have killed him on it's own. 100mph to 0mph instantly would have been the equivalent of him being hit head on by a freight train.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join