It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Would this be an assassination conspiracy if it wasn't Michael Hastings?

single vehicle accidents at 4 am are not uncommon. slamming over a median then smashing into a tree could indeed cause the exact damage you are looking at in the pictures, if the speed was high enough. you'd tear open the fuel tank then ignite it upon impact.

i'm not saying this wasn't Obama using HAARP to direct a mini tornado at the LHC which sent a minature black hole at the car causing it to leave the road so a predator drone could fire a thermite tipped warhead at the engine.

What I'm saying is : go ask any crash investigator or firefighter how "uncommon" these types of accidents are.

edit on 19-6-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Sankari

At least try to come up with a conspiracy like the grass did not burn.Physics says grass will burn before metal car. And where is the water from the fire trucks if they had to put it out? Where is the fire trucks?But you are pushing the bombs in the towers and planes did not hit. I get it.

edit on 18-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

LOL - A fire that hot, and the asphalt and grass is not even damaged.

Looks to me like they DRT'd him off site, torched the car then dropped it on site later
then torched the side of the palm just for good measure.

I guess it could be an accident, but the photo looks suspicious and I guess the body is burned beyond recognition which would be convenient..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Couple of things, I have driven that road many times and its possible to lose control if driving too fast. On dry summer nights they let the sprinklers run for hours and the water streams onto the roadway leading to slick spots from oil residue.

Second, if anyone else hasnt mentioned it, Pulitzer Prize winner who covered the Vietnam War for the Times David Halberstam died in a CA car accident in 2007

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Believing this was “just an accident” equates believing in Santa Claus. Period.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by GrantedBail

This couldnt have been an accident, he jumps over a median an crashes into a tree?
This was an assassination.

I would not be to quick to judge.

When I was 11 my Father died. He fell asleep while driving, the road curved and he didn't. He hit a few bushes. He hit a smaller tree. He woke up just in time to hit a much larger tree and he died as a result.

So yes, it is very possible that he hit a median and crashed into a tree. Accidents still happen in today's world for a variety of reasons, just like they happened when I was 11.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Here are a couple of quotes I found this morning:

“I just seen parts fly everywhere and I slammed on my brakes and stopped and tried to call 911,” Cortez added.

The engine of the vehicle was found in a yard about 100 feet away. Snip>

Friends said that, because of the nature of Hastings’ work, he often led a very paranoid lifestyle.

“A lot of his friends were worried that he was in a very agitated state, yes. No question, people were concerned,” said Cenk Uygur, host of “The Young Turks.”

“He was incredibly tense and very worried and was concerned that the government was looking in on his material,” he said.

“I don’t know what his state of mind was at 4:30 in the morning, but I do know what his state of mind was in general, and it was a nervous wreck. Link

I have been reading around this morning. Apparently, he was driving a new Mercedes.

edit on 19-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
...Why can this not be just an accident? I confess, I don't know much about this... But isn't it conceivable that he lost control, and hit a tree... This kind of thing happens A LOT.

I agree, there needs to be some actual evidence for this accusation. If people are suspicious, start demanding answers, try to get someone to secure that vehicle and all the evidence, without it there is absolutely no evidence at all that this was a deliberate killing.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Maybe he was too busy checking his mirrors for people following him or was generally absent minded, if what it says in that article is true. Being a nervous wreck surely can't help with road safety and making clear judgement, on top of it being 4:30 in the morning.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
...Why can this not be just an accident? I confess, I don't know much about this... But isn't it conceivable that he lost control, and hit a tree... This kind of thing happens A LOT.

True...he could have been partying it up all night and went a little overboard....well, over the median anyways.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

But even upside down it appears your car did not "burst" into flames.
Cars do not generally burst into flames, that is more hollywood than reality, mythbusters even did an episode on this, even when they could have just asked any firefighter for an educated opinion.

I have a motto that serves me well, it is a rip off of an English one.

Keep
vigilant
and
carry
a
gun

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
He was 33

I always like to through that out there get the anti-masons salivating. This does look a bit odd though.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
He was about to start work on an article about Barrett Brown, the investigative journalist (Salon, Vanity Fair amongst others), author and alleged mastermind behind Anonymous who is currently awaiting trial in prison for allegedly sharing data hacked from Stratfor according to a couple of journalists, hacker activists on Twitter today.

On December 4, 2012, Brown was indicted on an additional 12 federal charges stemming from the December 25, 2011 hack of Austin-based private intelligence company Stratfor. Data from the hack, allegedly committed by Jeremy Hammond, was shared by the hacker collective LulzSec with whistleblower site Wikileaks (main article: 2012 Stratfor email leak). In relation to the most serious of the Stratfor-related charges, Brown faces up to 15 years in federal prison. Brown transmitted said data by sharing a URL link to a zip file in an IRC chatroom. Numerous commentators on internet security issues expressed incredulity at the nature of the charges. He has entered a plea of not guilty to all twelve counts.

On January 23, 2013, a third indictment was filed against Brown on two counts of obstruction for concealing evidence during the March 6, 2012 FBI raid of his and his mother's homes. During a brief court hearing a week later, a judge found him mentally competent to stand trial, while Brown again pleaded not guilty to the latest charges. On May 1, 2013, it was announced that he had retained two attorneys, Charles Swift and Ahmed Ghappour to represent him in his legal cases.

More about Brown: en.wikipedia.org...

While this may have been a tragic accident, in light of Snowden and Hastings' future intentions with Barrett Brown, it's hard not to see this as being a warning from the FBI to Glenn Greenwald and any other investigative journalists who decide to publish whistleblowers' claims.

A lot of others are finding the circumstances of his death a little odd.

edit on 19-6-2013 by Archie because: .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The Mythbusters are a great show to watch. I've learned quite a bit through their experiments. Who knew only 3 feet of water makes all but a .50 rifle worthless for the bullet disintegrating by deceleration of the water itself, for example? On the other hand...They've been quite wrong on a few things too, to include the episode where they claimed to prove no gun could take a man off his feet from a shot to center mass. I gotta say, I never thought of Mythbusters as comedy but my Father, as a retired cop from half his life, laughed for a good period over that one ....having personally seen what they claimed to prove was impossible. They don't get everything right.

To specifics of this case? I'd point to another death which I almost wrote a story myself about last night but got caught up on other things and never got back around to.

Lawsuit filed in fiery Taser-related death

^^^ The story on that one is simple. Border patrol tried to stop him with unmarked units he probably didn't believe were cops, so he ran. They spike stripped him and surrounded him when he stopped. He then refused to get out of the car so they used a taser through the open window. Yikes.....that did it. The taser sparked an inferno which burned the 25yr old driver to death while up to 40 agents (The Courthouse News case I'd first seen referred to John Doe 1 - 40 in the filing) watched him die.

How? Fumes....from the fuel line or whatever else being carried inside the car which became damaged in the chase/spike/stop ignited instantly when they tased him.

Now, I'm looking at Mr Hasting's fiery wreck and noting the concrete curb is right about where the fuel tank and fuel lines running forward should be. I'm thinking it's entirely possible he ruptured one or both in the slide to get where he ended up and the car sliding even a little across a concrete curb would certainly have sparked like hell......there is the source for ignition. The rest is tragedy.

(But heck... We have trained accident scene investigators here to say with certain experience that this had to be a staged killing because the vast evidence from a single photograph proves it beyond reasonable doubt and to the high standard of definitive statement.
)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of how John Noveske died, he was a prominent gunmaker who talked publicly how all of these school shootings were being done by kids on antidepressants. A week after making the comments on facebook he had an almost identical "accident". link

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by giugliot
Believing this was “just an accident” equates believing in Santa Claus. Period.

Agreed ...
after watching this short clip
on Doods life and exploits...

@ 3:00 to 3:30 the reporter talks
how he was "unafraid"

when you pair the 2
there is only 1 one avenue out
when you've pissed in the cereal bowls
of the people he was serving breakfast too

accident =

coincidence = yea ... not so much

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This couldnt have been an accident, he jumps over a median an crashes into a tree?

Yeah.. Because Alcohol, Drugs or Fatigue could have never played a part in the crash....
edit on 19-6-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I do admit the mythbusters can be off or entirely wrong with their science, they do work for a corporation that some results may not be ..."airable". But for the most part they are pretty much on.
As far as bullets making a person "fly" Bull.... .
The only reason I could think of a bullet making a person violently jerk back would be a shotgun slug contacting with a shoulderblade, other than that, most bullets travel too fast to gain any purchase on the body.
I have seen men go down from being shot and it was straight down, gravity is indeed a ..... .
But onto the real topic, you had mentioned a car bursting into flame.
First off there was a spark produced, this is just one component that is needed for a fire.
The car was also a rental vehicle, probably a cheaply made American or japanese model.
The car our Mr. Hastings was driving was apparently a new Mercedes, one of the best engineered automobiles on the road.
There is a reason the word "German" is often seen before the word "engineering".
Cars generally do not go up in flames, especially well built ones.
That is my major argument, the rest is just icing.
Star to ya though for the though and response.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Being a Grandmother, I tend to look at the younger generation as being somewhat of adrenalin junkies ( right or wrong this line of thinking probably comes with the age) you know fast cars, bungee jumping, basely a non thinking attitude about things that could get you killed.

This man seemed to have gotten his perticular brand of adrenalin rush from going against the grain of certain "higher ups". Who knows, he could have been going too fast and wound up in this tree. Although, he did have his enemies... hmmm... I guess us little people will probably never know the real truth on this.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I can certainly see this from a conspiracy standpoint but I just have to repeat something my father taught me:

Nothing good happens after Midnight.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Have you ever been involved in a medium or high-speed automobile accident? Have you ever had to clean up *after* one? I'm betting the answer to both questions is "no", because if you had, you'd know that it's not at all uncommon for cars to cross medians in loss-of-control situations. It's happened to me twice (once as driver, once as passenger), and during my time with the fire service, I helped clean up after more of them that I like to think about. Believe it or not, people die in non-conspiratorial car accidents every day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join