It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
They said on Yahoo he was either working or was going to work on a story about Obama's 2012 Campaign.

RIP

No need to imply "they" were going to kill him over that potential story to keep him quiet - since it was published last January - doesn't really do much good killing a reporter to shut them up after they've published their story.

Here's the book you're referring to:

Panic 2012: The Sublime and Terrifying Inside Story of Obama's Final Campaign (A BuzzFeed/Blue Rider Press Book)

On Amazon

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Sankari

At least try to come up with a conspiracy like the grass did not burn.Physics says grass will burn before metal car. And where is the water from the fire trucks if they had to put it out? Where is the fire trucks?

Hey, I said 'just some of the many problems.' There's no space to list them all.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

All of those are possibilities. I just looked on google maps and the 600 block of N. Highland has a pretty wide median that the cops say his car jumped. Surely the accident investigations were able to determine what happened by tire marks and such. The street is straight as an arrow also, it is not like he was taking any corners or anything.

Anything is possible I guess. I am always suspicious about these things.

On edit: I actually had a half-brother that died like that on his way to work early in the morning. He had just lit a cigarette and taken his eyes of the road for a minute. But he was on a rural two lane highway that had no median or guard rails and he hit a tree head on going about 60 miles an hour.
edit on 18-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Sankari

So you figure the green lights and street signs always face the wrong direction? I mean, you're saying that's the wrong side...yes? Taken the way the camera is facing? I'm not sure anyone can be sure if he spun or perhaps even rolled once. Cars do real odd things when they 'curb' at speed

I'm assuming the road is two-way, which means the left hand lane is the wrong side to be in if you're facing the lights from the photographer's perspective. I could be wrong; it might be a dual carriageway.

Whatever the case, the position of that car looks highly suspicious. We can speculate all day about whether or not it 'spun' or 'rolled' when it allegedly hit the curb. But there's no way to tell because the nano-thermite has done such a good job on the bodywork.

The folks who did this are professionals, they don't leave anything to chance. McChrystal is a military guy. He would know the right people...

and that doesn't look like any kind of a low speed accident.

Thank you, that's my point. It doesn't look like an accident.

I have a scenario...He was answering his phone or already talking on it...which would have been 7:30am Eastern time, so it's not out of the question by any means....and dropped it. Well, taking his eyes off the road for just a split second? It's amazing how quickly a vehicle can lose a straight line if you're not focused. Maybe not even a phone...Maybe he smokes and dropped his cigarette into his lap. I did that once or twice before I finally quit smoking.

Totally unrealistic scenario. You'd have to wait a million years for something like that to happen. The chances are simply astronomical.
edit on 18/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Oh, thanks for that. I had no idea. I wonder if there is a way to find out by the direction he was traveling if he was leaving or just going home. The article doesn't say. I did google the location you said he owned a home at and the 600 block of N. Highland and got the route that he would have taken had he just left his house. Also that is an awfully wide median he jumped.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Also that is an awfully wide median he jumped.

Exactly.

How the hell does a car 'jump' a huge median strip without hitting the trees, and end up in that position? It's physically impossible.

Look at the other evidence. The perfectly undamaged passport. The footprint. The angle of the tyres. It's all wrong.
edit on 18/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Not sure if he was coming or going.
But you can see the route on this map.
goo.gl...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The road in question is two lanes going north and south, with a median between that is about the width of one and a half car lanes. Speed limit on it is 40mph, i believe. This stretch of road does not strike me as particularly dangerous, though the lanes are a little narrow where the crash was. But if there was no cars around him, this isn't a factor at all.

What I find odd about this story, is that I didn't hear about it on the news this morning. This is the kind of accident they would be covering, even though I was watching the news at 6:45 this morning. The chopper would have been flying over this and they would have been talking about it. And theres no way I would have missed this story, as the crash site is about 6 blocks from where I live.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't read all the posts (my eyes are hurting and blurry) (allergy problems) but did you all know that this young reporter was investigating military psyops on "sitting Senators"?
edit on 19-6-2013 by misschareesee because: z

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by absentee

It's been on the news, even before they learned who was in the car;

Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames in Los Angeles

Don't expect much 'live' TV coverage at 4:15 AM, networks are in 'paid advertising' infomercial mode at that hour.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

edit on 19-6-2013 by misschareesee because: oops duplicate

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I saw that. I didn't say there was no coverage. But it still surprises me that they didn't talk about this on the news when I was watching at 6:45-7:10 this morning.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

No...nano thermite and the whole car would have been black. This has all the earmarks of an incredibly small thermo-nuclear device planted under the seat. I am sure that before the police showed up guys in radiation suits showed up to clean the area of radioactivity.

Either that, or it was the aliens working in conjunction with the White House using an energy beam from a stealthed vehicle above the car. Notice how the burn marks are centered with the driver's seat as though "beamed" from directly above the vehicle. It is even conceivable that he was kidnapped and a carefully prepared clone corpse was left in his place.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i am not expert on car crashes but that car h beenas hit by s 4 weel drive on the back left hand side the metal shouldnt be bent the way it is form a front impact. it is bent in not out, i say 4 weel drive cause of the height of the back indent

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Lets us assume for a moment..

This is a conspiracy and as the OP states he was offed..

First they are not going to kill him for embarrassing a soldier who couldn't keep his mouth shut. (government viewpoint not mine)

Second, Generals profile does indicate he would kill the journalist over this, His blame would be laid at the feet of the Administration not so much the Journalist

Third, the administration has a propensity for using any means necessary to accomplish its task. Its use of violence is limited by the other power bases. Their not gonna let him just off those he dislikes.. It is viewed as weakness..

The main reason I am adding to this thread is self centered. My thoughts go to a prediction I had made.. It ties in to this because of a simple matter. What reason would there be to kill the journalist?

The only reason would be...

He had to be in possession of something worth getting killed over... (power bases view)

This is something that would allow him to be taken out with no social repercussions..

My speculation here is simple..

With these operators only two things would have gotten him killed.

1) betrayal of someone powerful- such as the possibility the general was set up

2) possession of information he should not have

Id personally lay money on two..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You people have to put aside this "liberal vs conservative" mindset since it no longer applies. Both are controlled by the same people who run things and their phony opposition is as staged and contrived as professional wrestling. So get up to speed or get written off as a deliberate divisive.
This man made enemies and non compromised journalists need to be extremely wary. He hurt the Obama administration which angered the people who put the bozo in office and keep him around as a useful patsy. If a conservative gets nailed by an investigative story they'd be just as annoyed if he's of use to them.
Talk to the guys friends and family, check his driving violation history. If he's had some speeding tickets and has been known to drink, then its probably an accident. If not, then we know it was very likely something else.
It does look somewhat suspicious, but that's mainly since we know we can't trust the feds.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
By "jumped the median" I'm almost positive they mean he jumped the curb of the median hitting the trees. It's very easy to lose control once a wheel loses contact with the road even for a second and even at 40mph. I was in an accident end of January 2012 where I was going 45 and slowing, pulled off the right hand side of the road to avoid an oncoming semi that drifted into my lane. The grass and dirt just off the shoulder was washed out about 4" lower than the pavement. My car flipped onto its roof, single car accident. Cost me 7 broken ribs and a fractured vertebrae. All he had to do was clip that curb cuz he took his eyes off the road for a split second and the rest is history as they say.

ETA: just for comparison, I was probably going 20 or 25mph when I lost control cuz I was originally doing 45 and I braked hard well before I started trying to pull off the road. This is what was left of my car after it rolled into the ditch. Luckily it didn't burst into flames like his
edit on 6/19/2013 by EViLKoNCEPTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

At least try to come up with a conspiracy like the grass did not burn

or the owl on the sign
edit on 19-6-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

doesn't really do much good killing a reporter to shut them up after they've published their story.

Just as it doesn't do a drug dealer or loan shark much good to kill a person that owes them money.
But it does happen.
It is done to make an example of the transgressor. To let others know, 'Don't cross Louie, he'll kill you!'

It is also possible that a reporter, after publishing a book, gets more info on the subject.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I have joined ATS as a personal respect to Mr Hastings R.I.P . After having had every comment on thread at Guardian (UK) deleted (most moderated thread ever!!) This tells me a lot, and so should it every free thinking mind. All we can do is speculate at this time about the position of car engine, the stories he covered previously or those he had planned (ie Barrett brown). Maybe he became so paranoid he put the pedal to the metal... who could blame him. He was brave, so should we be!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join