It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Not for nothing but that is not just the engine. That is the engine, transmission, and driveshaft. That was one heck of an "accident".

I challenge anyone to show me where or when this has ever happened before. Explosion, fire, or not. I don't care about that right now.
edit on 20-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Lot's of good questions and comments over at the article located here: www.rollingstone.com...
edit on 20-6-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Please watch the video posted by foobler on the previous page. I'll reprise it for you here, because by the nature of your rather (pardon the expression) 'long winded' commentary, I am quite sure that you didn't bother to see it.

www.youtube.com...

PS
GrantedBail - yes we were aware that its the complete drive-train that was blown out of the car. And that fact makes it all the more unusual as well..

edit on 20-6-2013 by Valenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valenz

AND - why do these images of the engine look so different?

The reason they look so different is because of the different angles that the photos were taken. Plus, one was taken before sunrise and the other afterwards. You can see a sprinkler on in the left of one image, and tranny fluid pouring out of it in the other. They do look different without a doubt.

With that being said, something is just not right about this though. I believe he was being followed by another vehicle or a drone. Why the hell would he be speeding 100 mph down that road that has homes all around it? Unless of course he had the Men in Black on his ass or above it? ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I keep watching this video and some thing just does not seem right.The guy is riding around with a partner who is talking to him while driving listening to the police scanner.They hear of the fire and turn on to the street. They then speed toward the crash and fire. And at 56 seconds you can see the vehicle blocking the road clear the street for him. This part stood out to me. Was that car marked some how or did it have emergency lights of some kind? They had a forward looking cam and a police scanner.At first I thought the truck that moved was a cop but it was not. It was a ADT Security truck. The other truck on scene was a tow truck. Now the ADT Security truck is some thing I also find interesting. After doing some searching it is a ADT Security truck.

And ADT has some one new in the company. Kathleen McLean Named ADT Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer.

www.dailyfinance.com...

And where does she come from? Verizon.

www22.verizon.com...

Verizon from the beginning.

Ms. McLean has held a number of portfolios within the Information Technology group including: senior vice president, OSS Policy and Performance Assurance, vice president of Architecture and Technology and vice president of Wholesale Systems. In these capacities, she was responsible for Wholesale Systems, Systems Architecture, Call Management Technologies, Corporate Data Management, Marketing Systems and Data Warehouses, eCommerce, and Infrastructure Support. Prior to joining Verizon (Bell Atlantic), Ms. McLean was vice president, Telecommunications Industry Group at an international business and information technology consulting firm where she had P&L responsibility for a major practice area. She has over 25 years of experience leading organizations especially in the use of process quality and information technology to improve performance.

So she was there in a seat of power over all the spying on phone calls and so on. Then she ends up being in charge of the ADT truck that shows up at a accident where some one who was investigating what Verizon did when she worked there? And ADT loves hiring ex military or law enforcement for there security gigs.
edit on 20-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNationWith that being said, something is just not right about this though. I believe he was being followed by another vehicle or a drone. Why the hell would he be speeding 100 mph down that road that has homes all around it? Unless of course he had the Men in Black on his ass or above it? ~$heopleNation

My thoughts exactly - posted a few pages back.........

As for the drive-train comparison y'all are telling me that, in effect, differences in camera angle, possibly foreshortening, lighting, and time of day account for the differences in the two images of the engine parts? The part seen in the image on the left is shorter in length; has rather boxlike features, and is quite angular in construction, while the part seen on the right is longer; has rather smooth lines, and is somewhat oblong and cone-like in shape? Why am I not seeing what you guys are seeing?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Crash scene photo

That doesn't look like an accident.

Looks more like a controlled demolition using nano-thermite.

Dammit man/person you could be right! there's a lot of aluminium in that car. OMG, that makes it a conspiracy. Of course that makes the tree a subterfuge for beleafs.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We have lost some one important to freedom and information.
I just read over his web site. wow!
have a look at his web site. while its still their.
jimstonefreelance.com...

they assassinated him.

edit on 20-6-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Some of the features of the Mercedes.

Safety 3-point driver & front passenger shoulder belts -inc: height adjustment, emergency tensioning device, adaptive belt force limiter ATTENTION ASSIST drowsiness monitor Child safety rear door locks Driver & front passenger dual-stage air bags w/front passenger adaptive feature Driver knee airbag Dual front pelvic airbags Electronic stability program (ESP) Front side-impact airbags Front/rear window curtain airbags LED daytime running lamps Outboard rear universal lower anchors & tethers for children (LATCH) Rear 3-point seat belts -inc: outboard emergency tensioning device, outboard belt force limiter, outboard automatic height adjustment Tire pressure monitoring system - See more at: www.carplexfl.com...

ATTENTION ASSIST drowsiness monitor
Driver & front passenger dual-stage air bags w/front passenger adaptive feature
Driver knee airbag
Dual front pelvic airbags
Front side-impact airbags

So he had some thing to keep him awake.
And he was hit with air bags from just about every where.
Legs, waist and head from two sides.

edit on 20-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valenz
As for the drive-train comparison y'all are telling me that, in effect, differences in camera angle, possibly foreshortening, lighting, and time of day account for the differences in the two images of the engine parts? The part seen in the image on the left is shorter in length; has rather boxlike features, and is quite angular in construction, while the part seen on the right is longer; has rather smooth lines, and is somewhat oblong and cone-like in shape? Why am I not seeing what you guys are seeing?

Because you're looking only at what you want to see, not that I 100% believe that they are not different either, it's just that I am pretty sure they are the same, but who knows for sure.

Listen my friend, Look at the black casing with the grey bolts, they are there crystal clear in both images. It's the angle and time of when the photos were taken. Trust me, I have went over it all afternoon. I am at about 70% sure that they are the same images, I don't know 100% for sure though, that's just me.

However, Let's not get divided or fooled into some swayism bs that will only obstruct other more important questions and debates concerning this from coming forth. That is how we get taken off track of the primary focus.

Hell I don't know bro, maybe that Rabbi with the garden hose and his friends picked up that Mercedes engine, tranny and drive line, and then replaced it with the same from some mini-van of theirs?
LMAO!

Nah I dunno, at the end of the day, Nothing would surprise me in regards to The United Bizzaro States of America. I still love my country though, I just choose to read between the Lies now and again. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Valenz

It could, but it wouldn't look like it does. It would be twisted and charred if it was intact and most likely wouldn't be intact.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
To add to the ADT and Kathleen McLean. She was hired to lead in the new expansion of the security they offer.

www.bizjournals.com...

ADT is embarking on new ground in the home security market with its home automation security system called ADT Pulse, which uses electronics like mobile phones, computers and tablets to monitor a wide spectrum of sensors within the home.

So ADT will spy on Cell Phones Computers Tablets and other sensors in the home? I would say she needs to be checked out. And she worked at Verizon from the start. So she is a pro at the spy tech and giving it all to the government.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No. You're misunderstanding. You can now monitor your home and the sensors within FROM those device's. Ie. you can arm your alarm from your mobile if you forgot or disarm before entrance, turn lights and appliances on and off, check cameras, etc.
edit on 6/20/2013 by EViLKoNCEPTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Mercedes will demand to examine the evidence of the remains of the auto, and conclude a bomb was planted.

You really think Mercedes is going to be allowed to examine those remains?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Here you go. Car hit a pole at 65 and cut the entire front end off ripped the engine out and threw it into the ocean 250' from the car.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

And if you can.
They can.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It works thru a web based app or browser. It's optional and it's not an always on connection. I have a similar setup but my own and not through ADT but I know someone with ADT and it's not that sophisticated. The ADT app for android only has access to Internet not your entire device. That's the benefit of a permission based security setup like Android uses, you can SEE what an app has access too and if it doesn't say it has access it doesn't have access. It HAS to have permissions or it can't access anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

OK..........time to let it go........I agree that's its sidetracking us from more important issues........

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

I don't see a pole or tree and cannot make out what that other car part is. Are you saying it is an intact engine with the tranny and drive train attached. It does look like the car hit something head on but it clearly kept on going after impact.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I dropped this in another forum talking about this and thought somebody here might appreciate it also. For those who have already seen it, feel free to skip.

Michael Hastings was one small part of a much bigger movement of hacker activists/investigative journalists who are hell bent on exposing the corporations and sections of governments who abuse the rights of citizens.

It seems to start when Barrett Brown received a document dump via Anonymous of data downloaded from Stratfor that pointed to a web of corporations, governments and security services agencies carrying out a lot of illegal activities that stomp all over the rights of citizens in the US and elsewhere.

The trove was so enormous Barrett invited other journalists/hacker activists to help him go through it to join the dots. Barrett is now in prison on trumped up charges but the project lives on. I have a feeling (but do not know for certain) that a lot of what is going on now can be traced back to knowledge gleaned from these documents. I also believe (but can not verify) that Michael Hastings was one of those that was helping Barrett on the project. I know Glenn Greenwald definitely was/is part of it.

The project continues. It's home page is here: ProjectPM

I don't know if these pages have been 'edited' by either government related agencies or the people involved but it helps to provide the bigger picture around Hastings and quite possibly his death. Their official Twitter account is #ProjectPM (@Echelon2_PPM)

And to the poster that wondered if the Wikileaks tweet mentioned above was the real thing, yes, it is from the official Wikileaks twitter account - #Wikileaks. I also suggest you follow ggreenwald, ioerror (Jacob Applebaum), YourAnonNews or AnonPressOffice & georgieBC (just to name a tiny few).
edit on 20-6-2013 by Archie because: refreshing links

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join