It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Where's the evidence of a body I wonder?

edit on 20-6-2013 by Valenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valenz
Is that just a headrest? If so then where's the evidence of a body - a fiery corpse burning to a crisp?

He might have unbuckled his seat belt and slumped over after the accident. Maybe that's why you don't see his head against the headrest.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
He might have unbuckled his seat belt and slumped over after the accident. Maybe that's why you don't see his head against the headrest.

Sure he did...........I know you were only joking - right?

Incidentally - nowhere in the video of the accident scene do we see any attempt at the recovery of a body - no apparent search for anyone, neither by the firemen, rescue squad or police officers, and no seeming awareness at all that there might even have been a person in the car. Strange.

My conclusion - there was NO "body" in the car.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You just have to really look at the photo to know it wasnt an accident it was 5 am so no cars also it was on a straight road so unless he was drunk or going in excess of 150 mph he wouldnt of lost control. The angle the car is indicates that he was traveling up the wrong side of the road .why? Possibly running way from someone or possibly showing off you dont know because hes dead and only he will know the truth
R.i.p lost a true journalist one who was willing to report the truth

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

My conclusion - there was NO "body" in the car.

I know you are only joking...............right?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
that's a really clean scorch mark.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ohhhhhh now that they have the light of day they can more effectively pretend to hide the awful scene of a burned corpse..........

Note too that in addition to the 'flying engine' that the palm tree was unscathed after being struck by a high speed vehicle.This whole story smells like a dead catfish..........par for the course!

Miraculous Flying Engine.....complete with drive shaft and transmission. Amazing!..

=================================================================================

Video (above) from VT article..........good read.

Hastings “Boston Brakes” Killing a Warning?

Until there's sure proof that he's actually dead I would say RIP if it were not for the fact that he might have been 'rendition(ed)' somewhere. OR - imagine an open casket funeral - you see, with no real ID of Michael Hastings how is anyone to know who's in the coffin? Cremation would be even better for the perps - right? AND - better yet ........imagine an autopsy!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Ohhhhhh now that they have the light of day they can more effectively pretend to hide the awful scene of a burned corpse..........

Because clearly they should have draped the sheet/covering over a burning, smoking car.

To the gentleman prior to the above post who stated that unless he was driving 150 mph he wouldnt have lost control, all I can say is: really? Have you ever driven a car over 100? At 100 mph you are a hair's breadth away from losing control....city streets are not nascar raceways and average people are not nascar drivers, although some may think they are which usually produces the above results. .

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
From the video (above) Witness states "It sounded like a bomb went off - all the windows were rattling etc." hmmmmmmm sounds about right. How-about a missile exploding?..........

Again.......no sign of a person or a fiercely burning 'body.'

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Because clearly they should have draped the sheet/covering over a burning, smoking car.

My point was not about the placement of a sheet on a burning car - obviously..........the point was that there was NO " attempt at the recovery of a [person] or even of a body - no apparent search for anyone, neither by the firemen, rescue squad or police officers, and no seeming awareness at all that there might even have been a person in the car."

AND - why do these images of the engine look so different?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Sankari

At least try to come up with a conspiracy like the grass did not burn.Physics says grass will burn before metal car. And where is the water from the fire trucks if they had to put it out? Where is the fire trucks?But you are pushing the bombs in the towers and planes did not hit. I get it.

edit on 18-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Ohhhhhh, mockery. I'm super convinced of the 9/11 OS now. Thank you.

They really should ban people who don't have enough karma to post on the 9/11 forum turning unrelated threads into 9/11 threads.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The car looks like its next to the tree.......how-cum?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Michael Hastings Conspiracy Theories: Car Accident And Dead Body Fuel Speculation
www.ibtimes.com...#

In Hastings’ 2012 book, “The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America’s War in Afghanistan,” Hastings writes of a McChrystal staffer who allegedly said to him, “We’ll hunt you down and kill you if we don’t like what you write.”

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler
Michael Hastings Conspiracy Theories: Car Accident And Dead Body Fuel Speculation
www.ibtimes.com...#

In Hastings’ 2012 book, “The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America’s War in Afghanistan,” Hastings writes of a McChrystal staffer who allegedly said to him, “We’ll hunt you down and kill you if we don’t like what you write.”

That say's it all man...............!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

Nothing really vague about that threat.

Is there?

I am sure that the staffer would say it was just a joke.

edit on 20-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Foobler

Nothing really vague about that threat.Is there?
I am sure that the staffer would say it was just a joke.

edit on 20-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Fuller context of the threat..........
Conspiracy Theories Circulate the Web After NSA, CIA Reporter Michael Hastings Dies

Thu, June 20, 2013
The recent death of Michael Hastings has left many with more questions than answers. Hastings was reportedly in the middle of working on several stories on the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency.
The 33-year-old Buzzfeed and Rolling Stone reporter was probably best known for the cover story that led to the firing of U.S. Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal.

Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook were awash in conspiracy theories Wednesday.

"Michael Hastings' final article was on Democrats & the NSA stories,” tweeted Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian, who broke the news of the NSA spying on internet data. In the tweet, he linked to Hastings’ last article on Buzzfeed called “Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans.”

The car crash took place in the Hancock Park neighborhood in Los Angeles on Tuesday at 4:15 am.

"I was just coming northbound on Highland and I seen a car, like, going really fast and all of a sudden I seen it jackknife," witness Luis Cortez told KTLA.

A Reddit thread called RIP Hastings speculates on how enemies of the young reporter could be responsible for his demise.

One commenter suggests, “just mess up his brakes and fuel line. Car slides, crashes and catches fire.”

“Interesting conjecture. There's a reason this can be so ‘easily’ explained, ‘they’ kept it looking simple,” another commenter wrote.

“Perhaps the car was remotely controlled, made an extreme turn into a certain tree, and a planted bomb exploded,” wrote another one.

Editor-in-chief of Buzzfeed Ben Smith eulogized Hastings. "He knew that there are certain truths that nobody has an interest in speaking, ones that will make you both your subjects and their enemies uncomfortable. They're stories that don't get told because nobody in power has much of an interest in telling them,” Smith said.

In his book "The Operators: The Wild and Terrifying Inside Story of America's War in Afghanistan” Hastings described a death threat he received from a McChrystal staffer.

"We'll hunt you down and kill you if we don't like what you write," the staffer allegedly told him. "Well, I get death threats like that about once a year, so no worries,”

Hastings responded. "A warning to other journalists to not dig too deep," one Reddit user wrote. "Stick with the party line if you want a long, happy life."

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Good article here that breaks down the scene of the accident as it points to foul play:

jimstonefreelance.com...

That link has been updated by the way with more facts, photos, and tidbits.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Good article here that breaks down the scene of the accident as it points to foul play:

jimstonefreelance.com...

Thanks very much for that update link.......it corroborates just about everything I have been posting here in this thread.

Here's but one example of the kinds of things I wanted to draw everyone's attention to in the thread - at the risk, of course, of being mocked. In referring to this photo (below) I said that they were "pretending"........according to the article indeed they were "pretending" and far more that I had at first realized.

Where's the big palm tree?
"Who threw my palm tree over the side?" Ensign Pulver: Captain, it is I, and I just threw your stinkin' palm tree overboard! Now what's all this crud about no movie tonight?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

jimstonefreelance.com...

I'm only going to respond to his outlined points.

1. The car very clearly shows impact damage.

2. As already been posted, Mercedes is in a lot of trouble in Britain for cars that by Mercedes own admission explode on impact because of a coolant issue.

3. Yes, this is LA. Paparazzi are all over the place. This guy was out there digging up dirt on the Beiber accident.

4. When a car crashes into a tree, do you think it is merely a matter of pulling really heard to get it out? How about extracting a body out of a car? Cars are routinely cut apart to separate them from whatever they might be entangled on. This one was wrapped around a tree.

5 As was already posted, there is a massive amount of frontal impact damage.

And again, as was already posted, Mercedes made an exploder. Do a little research before believing me or anyone else. It will save you a lot of heartache.

------
edit on 20-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex
Could this be related to this?

I doubt it.

Why kill the guy after the secret is already out? That doesn't achieve anything.

Why? It sends a very clear message, to the next fella, so good in fact that, for all we know a decade of otherwise great whistleblowing has just been silenced.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join