It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subaruing in an Outback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If you have seen Top Gear you heard the term Subaruing get coined. Well Here are some photos of my Outback.
Last year I could not do this because we had a drought. This year we have flooding. This is the car that gets me out in the field to collect fossils. Of course this time I was not collecting fossils.

The photos of the dried mud are from the first trip out. The second trip I got a bit dirtier.

Proof you do not need a big 4x4 to get dirty. A 4 cylinder wagon with AWD can get around as well.

Raist

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Good clearance, AWD grip: supurb for rocky mountain roads or variable mountain microclimates. I have been in remote and burly areas in these cars. But if you are buying a used one, make sure the head gasket has been replaced, as they seem to go after a certain time, inevitably.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

I love the Subaru AWD system. It is far above the AWD system used by other car companies.

This was going through about 3"-4" of mud without even having to rev the engine. I just went through it with no trouble at all.

Raist

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Nice. That subie is seeing more dirt than the majority of trucks around here with lift kits.

So how long did you leave it like that before washing?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I thought you meant in the AUstralian Outback! 4 wheeling over those sand dunes is some of the best fun you can have.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

I left it on for a day total. Had to work the next day and a large pile of it curled up and peeled off. I figured I better wash it before getting into to much trouble for dirtying up their parking lot more

Raist

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That would be fun too. I would love to run through some sand dunes.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

That's one dirty Outback
Don't you get in trouble for not having a clean/clear license plate ? I actually got a ticket for it once, but I live in the Netherlands, so..

Also, I noticed the license plates on your car.. Pretty cool that you can get custom ones
Oh and ofcourse, the Evo. That thing is awesome!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyD

I cleaned the lights and plates when I got home so that I would not get a ticket.

The Evo is a blast also, just not going mudding with it though. I do love the personal plates on my car FSSL 1 is perfect for my fossilmobile.

top topics

join