It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment motion against Tony Blair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

A WELSH MP's bid to bring down Prime Minister Tony Blair over the Iraq war takes a dramatic step forward today with the first publication of the impeachment motion.

Wales on Sunday can reveal the full text of the document which will be set before Parliament by Plaid Cymru's Adam Price.

Mr Price, and the cross-party group of MPs supporting him, says the motion proves the campaign is far more than a "silly season stunt".

They want to use the centuries-old impeachment procedure to explore charges of "gross misconduct" against Mr Blair and bring him to account for "lies" told about last year's Iraq war, including claims that Saddam Hussein was hiding weapons of mass destruction.

icwales.icnetwork.co.uk...=14844775%26method=full%26siteid=50082%2 6headline=revealed%2d%2dmotion%2dthat%2dcould%2dspell%2dblair%2ds%2dend-name_page.html

I reall don't have much commentary on this, I am not very up-to-date on British politics. But, I thought a lot of the UK members would like to know.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I wish Americans were united enough to start an impeachment against bush. However, we are going about it the wrong way. Protesting in the streets just seperates our society. Now are split into a nation of two Bush supporters/Non-Bush supporters.

We are destroying ourselves from within.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Errr... I wasn't aware we had the powers to impeach in this country.

I think he means a motion of no confidence which is when the entire party votes whether it believes Tony Blair can continue to function as leader of the party. In the UK the leader of the majority party automatically becomes Prime Minister.

Blair won't lose though.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Its deserved. Glad to see the English are smart people. Lets keep it confined here, shall we?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's a pity we can't take him to court on charges of treason, then chop his head off on Tower Hill.

Where is Henry VIII when his country needs him ?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The leader of the labour party and therefore the PM at the moment is selected by the LAbour NEC (national executive commitee).

There is no way Blair will be voted our, he is much slipperier than that. You have to get up VERy early in the morning to catch him out!

new topics

top topics

join