It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Of Steel And ET Contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Slight spoiler alert so if you have not seen the film don't read the next bit below!!!!

In the film there is a sequence in which all broadcasting outlets and even mobile phones are interrupted with a message broadcast from an alien vessel which announces that we are not alone. Of course in the film it is our introduction to the arrival of General Zod.

End of spoiler

Ok onto my main line of thought with this. What if there was a sudden worldwide First Contact made by ET announcing we are not alone. Was this segment of film an attempt at some form of preparation of us by saying actually its ok, we are not alone after all in readiness for a real First Contact scenario? Also are we being prepped for something more?

Thoughts anyone?
edit on 18/6/13 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Change in headline title

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

It's a movie. It was a dramatic entrance for someone who is supposed to be a big baddie. It's cinema. I'm surprised you really bought into it so much.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am well aware it was a movie and it was entertainment and all that, but I was just thinking outside the box. I thought that is what people did on ATS. Am I getting all excited about it? No. It was just a thought I wanted to share and see what people think as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Also are we being prepped for something more?

Like what?.....and by whom?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

There's thinking outside the box, and then there's reaching.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Makes about as much sense as this

edit on 18/6/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Lets just say contact took place long ago. It just happened so slowly you are desensitized to it and all that you see now is normal when it really isnt.

At this very moment they are persuading us to destroy each other with the promise of salvation.

Fascinating stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

. . . . Was this segment of film an attempt at some form of preparation of us by saying actually its ok, we are not alone after all in readiness for a real First Contact scenario? Also are we being prepped for something more?

Thoughts anyone?

[color=6699FF]of course it was/is.

AND that is ONE OF THE MOST important, critical issues of our era . . . probably of any era.

They have been conditioning the populace toward that ever since

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.

IIRC, there's solid documentation about the CIA's involvement with that movie.

Cris Putnam and Tom Horn's EXO-VATICANA

outlines the best exhaustively documented info about what the PTB are up to regarding all such.

Their website:

www.logosapologia.com...

has some summaries of their research on it.

Their DVD has thousands of pages of documentation.

They are some of the most thorough researchers I've ever come across.

As scientist Jacques Vallee has documented . . . the phenomena is a control scheme . . . manipulating and modifying the culture toward even more control . . . by NOT NICE extraDIMENSIONAL critters
. . .

edit on 18/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: lower cap so tags will work.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Most people believe extraterrestrial life exists, so why would we need prepping?

And why is it that every time a new science fiction movie with aliens comes out someone on ATS starts one of these "are we being prepped?" threads? The thought of Warner Bros. being in possession of the biggest secret on the planet and then alluding to it in a Superman film is kind of silly, don't ya think?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Since ive been coming to ATS (and thats way longer than i have been a member) with every single scifi movie ever released someone asks ..'are they preparing us for something?' or 'is this hidden disclosure'.

Why is this?

edit on 18-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Aliens are becoming popular these days in most films, songs, or even somewhere in the religion aspect I guess you could say. Even Assassins creed was bout Aliens... Is it me or is everyone ripping off superman these days?
edit on 18-6-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
Aliens are becoming popular these days in most films, songs, or even somewhere in the religion aspect I guess you could say. Even Assassins creed was bout Aliens... Is it me or is everyone ripping off superman these days?

Since when has aliens not been popular in films?

Personally I think that its just becoming more "realistic", sort of speak. Hollywood goes with the flow. Such as the global transmissions. Of course that wouldnt happen in a 50's movie where an alien is an flesh eating blob, but today people would consider an advanced humanoid race capable of such a feat - in fact it might even be expected that this is the way of first alien contact.

Regarding aliens and scifi movies becoming more popular, I think its a social phenomena. As a race we are becoming stagnant. The world is nothing but war, greed and anguish. More people are probably waking up to that fact. Alien/scifi movies is a way to dream us away to a better time.

Just imagine what would happen if all the governments of the world came together and decided that yes, we will go into space by pumping all military and research funding into starships, instead of behaving like asses. But alas, it'll never happen the way its going. Maybe if Superman comes and smack some sense into us.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

Forgot about the cheesy sci-fi originals. Although I have been seeing a lot more movies dealing with space exploration, and usually that involves aliens. Also Star Trek made it more popular in it era. It just I find many common story plots that are VERY similar.

And yes, social phenomena it has become as of late much like zombies, even though I believe aliens are way more possible. The world really hasn't moved forward at all for a long time it feels with the economy, politics, and just the lowering of the bar in general. Sci-fi/alien films do seem to capture ones imagination.

Agreed on the last paragraph. Especially with corporations claiming to be moving forward all the time, when really they don't seem to be going any where at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
edit on 18-6-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

I dare say the assassins creed games would make an excellent film series... Always loved the way they tied little bits of fiction with conspiracy and history.

Very well thought out and well written games, kind of blew my mind when I first played the first 2 games of the series.

Was superman the father of all of this style of fiction?

I suppose we could be "being prepped" people do like to believe what they read or watch, take the Da Vinci Code for instance and how many people thought that it was a true story.

Mix mainly fiction with a little bit fact and people believe it... Infact just throw some fiction at some people and they might be gullible enough to believe it

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Scientist Jacques Vallee et al in his own writings and as quoted in EXO-VATICANA by Horn and Putnam lays out solid reasons documenting the oligarchy and critters

massively effective and growing culture mangling

!!!CONTROL!!! memes, strategies, methods, goals.

As has been documented with declassified documents and the CIA's involvement with THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, the culture mangling; culture trashing; values trashing project has been exceedingly successful the last 60+ years.

They see their global tyrannical finish line on the near horizon and are pulling out the stops to make it all happen.

Only the grossly uninformed or sleepwalking or undiscerning fail to notice.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Since ive been coming to ATS (and thats way longer than i have been a member) with every single scifi movie ever released someone asks ..'are they preparing us for something?' or 'is this hidden disclosure'.

Why is this?

Because it's BRAZENLY TRUE . . . transparently true for the discerning and informed.

And some of us would like others to wake-up and smell the sulfur and brimstone before it's too late.

The values routinely displayed on ATS are the result of

the oligarchy's and critters' VERY SUCCESSFUL efforts the last many decades in trashing the 'old' eternal values and substituting their chosen ones much more easily enabling the transition of the global culture to their desired

TYRANNICAL CONTROL structure.

They have played the sheeple and humans in general as the fools the human's appetites and addictions have enslaved them to.

The project has been well crafted and well executed.

One of my professors was a White House consultant to Jimmy Carter. I asked her about the globalists' efforts etc. She did not admit much. She just noted that such massive cultural change would take 100 years. She didn't comment that half that time and effort were well behind us 40 years ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am well aware it was a movie and it was entertainment and all that, but I was just thinking outside the box. I thought that is what people did on ATS. Am I getting all excited about it? No. It was just a thought I wanted to share and see what people think as well.

No. People don't think outside of the box at ATS, because thinking outside of the box is generally seen as a good and clever concept. What the good people of ATS seem to do is deny that the box exists and construct their own box and think inside of it.

For evidence of this claim, look at all of the threads about [popular movie of the moment] preparing us for ET visitation.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Because it's BRAZENLY TRUE . . . transparently true for the discerning and informed.

And some of us would like others to wake-up and smell the sulfur and brimstone before it's too late.

Every science fiction film is really hidden disclosure

And are you basing this self declared fact on anything other than a thought that popped into your head?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It's a movie. It was a dramatic entrance for someone who is supposed to be a big baddie. It's cinema. I'm surprised you really bought into it so much.

This place is full of threads like this, mainly trying to claim that if we see lots of sci-fi alien contact movies in the cinema at the same time it's somehow trying to prepare us for the real thing and I usually reply by saying if we have a lot of sword & sandals movies at the same time are we to expect an invasion of ancient Greeks or Romans.

Movies come and go in cycles you just have to look back to see that.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

. . . trying to claim that if we see lots of sci-fi alien contact movies in the cinema at the same time it's somehow trying to prepare us for the real thing and I usually reply by saying if we have a lot of sword & sandals movies at the same time are we to expect an invasion of ancient Greeks or Romans.

Movies come and go in cycles you just have to look back to see that.

The following is just a very brief sample of the facts documented and available for the moderately thorough researcher:

[I don't know if the following is behind Linda's subscriber wall, or not. I have a subscription to her website.]

www.earthfiles.com...

CIA Manipulation of Hollywood Productions About UFOs:
Part 1: Hangar 18 in 1980

© 2013 by Linda Moulton Howe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Kelso has deciphered the aliens' language. This is a translation of a document found aboard the spacecraft. Now this translation is very rough and is incomplete, but if what we can read is true - and there is no reason to doubt that it isn't - then all of the previous information we have had about the origin of mankind and the human race is absolutely false. ... This is a report of a previous visit of the spacemen to Earth. This report speaks of the capture, the training and the use of certain animals as slaves - both male and female. The slaves worshipped them as gods. Then what they refer to as ‘animals,’ were pre-humans. The report also speaks to the fact that the female slaves found it a great honor to be chosen to live with and bear the offspring of the gods. So, you see it is no coincidence that the spacemen are almost identical to us. It is not a case of two species developing, evolving independently of each other. Those ancient spacemen altered forever our evolution. They are the missing link! ...We, mankind, the human race, are their children!”
. . .

Hangar 18, produced and distributed by Sunn Classic Pictures in July 1980,
a Hollywood production company established by the Schick Razor Company,
originally headed by Patrick J. Frawley, Jr., a member of the American Security
Council (ASC) along with General Nathan Twining, who was listed on President
Harry Truman's MJ-12 group of insiders monitoring E. T. interactions with Earth.
Another member of the ASC was General Douglas MacArthur, who made statements
in the 1960s about anticipating planetary wars. Also on the ASC Board with Frawley
was James Jesus Angleton, head of CIA counterintelligence from 1954 to 1975.
Frawley was also a member of the Knights of Malta whose members over the
past decades have included CIA managers such as William Casey, John McCone,
George Bush, Sr., and Wild Bill Donovan. Theatrical release poster
© 1980 by Sunn Classic Pictures, Inc. To view movie, see Websites below.

The whole article is well worth reading as are the follow-on parts.

The documentation is emphatic proof from the CIA's involvement with THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL on.

The whole genre is rife--wholesale rife with propagandizing of the populace by TPTB--the globalist oligarchy.

[color=6699FF]a wealth of info is available at the UK scholar's website who's long been researching the issue of such movies being essentially propaganda, culture manipulating stuff from TPTB:

silverscreensaucers.blogspot.co.uk...

edit on 20/6/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition of a link

top topics

join