It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about caus

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

So sorry...I'm new to this. Will do so when necessary in the future.

Actually, my main point is that accidents do happen--if it was in fact an accident. Also, I found it very coincidental that the settlement "agreement" was reached in 1996...the same year of the TWA 800 "accident." To your point of a delay...why did it take 8 years and another administration to come to terms on this? I think because the US was so involved with covering up the facts that it took the Iranians to sue via the International Court of Justice to actually get SOME of the truth...like the fact that the ship was actually in territorial waters, without declaring war, at the time of the attack. The US first stated they were in international waters...even doctored photos to prove it! And to top it all off the entire US Naval crew was awarded medals at the end of the tour. Then VP GHWBush says he would never apologize for anything the US does...no matter what the facts! Really?!?! How's that for a slap in the face. I'm guessing that probably didn't sit so well with Iran.

1. I can see Iran wanting to retaliate for this unnecessary event.
2. I can also see it as a mix up with the naval training occurring in the area at that time.

I'm not buying the mechanical malfunction. No bueno 👎 (do I have to credit Emoticons for this?) 😁

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

EViLKoNCEPTz
reply to post by minkmouse

That video is still out there, however I don't think flight 800 was hit by a SAM. I think it was hit by a large caliber rifle from a private vessel, probably using penetrator rounds to rupture the fuel tank and ignite the fuel. A SAM would have done a lot more damage if it was a direct impact. Otherwise the SAM would have had to air burst, throwing shrapnel and the shockwave into the plane to down it. There was no radar evidence of a SAM which is what leads me to believe a large caliber rifle was used since even the largest rifle projectiles aren't big enough to leave a radar signature. It would have had to be a .50 or .700 using white phosphorus or DU penetrator rounds to take the plane down with a single shot through the fuel tank in the wing.

While I find this interesting, I have to ask: What exactly points to this conclusion? Is there a lick of evidence to support this fanciful theory?

I too remember seeing the video of the missile trail originating, seemingly, from the ocean surface and leading up to the explosion.

I missed a flight shortly after that because they (the FAA) suddenly required all air travelers to supply photo id and I had just lost my drivers license. I jokingly told the guy asking for my id that I didnt want to fly the plane, just ride inside it. Wrong thing to say LOL. Almost got butt searched. I made the connection the next day after securing a new license.

<< 29  30  31   >>

join