It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about caus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about cause of crash is wrong

www.foxnews.co m

A group of whistleblowers, including a number of aviation experts, have come forward in a new documentary to claim that the official explanation for the crash of TWA Flight 800 was wrong and a gas tank explosion did not bring down the flight off the coast of Long Island 17 years ago.

However, the six whistleblowers, all part of the original investigation team, stopped short of saying the plane was shot down.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow... seems like the government's veil of secrecy is starting to collapse... should be VERY interesting to hear what they have to say...

They fall just short of saying it, but they imply that it resulted from an "outside ordinance".

With conspiracy theories immediately swirling around the crash – one being that it was caused by a terrorist missile strike -- the FBI conducted a 16-month investigation and concluded that there was no evidence to indicate that any criminal act occurred.

www.foxnews.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Dear Powers that be,
This is the kinda s*** y'all do
that makes you look really guilty.
And capable of anything.
Love,
The Not Powers
that be.

Good find OP.
Very intriguing.
edit on 18-6-2013 by sealing because: salutation

+57 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I remember this event and I'll never forget a clip I saw on the news showing a surface to air missile being launched. The reporter said it was footage filmed by a tourist. Then...Bam! Never saw this video again, ever, anywhere. Then came the story of the center tank explosion which became the official line. In the back of my mind, I always wondered about the clip I'd seen and where the hell it went

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I am so glad to read this! Hopefully the public will know the truth that myself and many other's who lived on eastern Long Island in July 1996 have known since that night...

I wrote this a few months ago but never posted because I haven't had time to tweak it to my full satisfaction, but given this new development I feel it is appropriate to share now:

TWA Flight 800 : How Reality was Scrubbed from History

On July 17, 1996 a plane heading to Paris exploded off the south shore of Long Island; TWA Flight 800 is an event that I'll always vividly remember because I was travelling with family and on the eastern end of Long Island that week.

There are two things about that night I'll never forget and are rarely brought up about TWA 800:

1. The plane scheduled to be following that flight path was an El Al 747 however due to a delay TWA 800 wound up being ahead of the El Al flight in the cue.

2. I was a major news junkie in 1996 and at the time really liked NBC News and was super excited that NBC and Microsoft were partnering on a cable news channel. As a news junkie young teen, July 16, 1996 was a big day for me and I sat in front of a TV watching MSNBC's debut instead of going to the beach. The following night I was watching the News with Brian Williams when the TWA 800 news broke and Brian took a Rand McNally map out to show viewers the geographic location of Long Island (since MSNBC's own graphics department wasn't up to speed).

I was glued to MSNBC all night and will never forget the airing of an amateur video showing what appeared to be a missile soaring up from the ocean and then an explosion in the sky. That explosion was TWA 800.

While many believe that this video was never broadcast, I know when and where I saw it (and can understand why I am one of the few given MSNBC being 24 hours old at the time).

I recently asked my Dad about the debut of MSNBC and TWA 800. In asking, I specifically didn't mention the broadcast of the video, just generally what he recalled. He mentioned: Brian Williams Rand McNally map and the video of the missile impacting TWA 800.

Does anyone else recall viewing the broadcast of the video?

I was on the phone with my Mom last night and asked her about it and she also clearly remembers seeing the video on MSNBC that night and described it in detail to me -- white streak shoots up in the night sky, there is a second where the streak pauses and then a huge explosion in the sky over Long Island. As I told her, I did some Googling on Saturday to find news accounts or message board posts from folks who saw the video and all I could find was articles discussing the bidding war for the video, that NBC/MSNBC won the bid and before it aired the FBI confiscated it. Keep in mind MSNBC being 36 hours old probably had a viewership of a few more people than me and my parents that night so the total potential audience is super small; right?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I remember that as well... there were theories that it was a MANPAD or accidental launch of one of our own missile batteries... then it all just went away. Sounds like it's back.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

That video is still out there, however I don't think flight 800 was hit by a SAM. I think it was hit by a large caliber rifle from a private vessel, probably using penetrator rounds to rupture the fuel tank and ignite the fuel. A SAM would have done a lot more damage if it was a direct impact. Otherwise the SAM would have had to air burst, throwing shrapnel and the shockwave into the plane to down it. There was no radar evidence of a SAM which is what leads me to believe a large caliber rifle was used since even the largest rifle projectiles aren't big enough to leave a radar signature. It would have had to be a .50 or .700 using white phosphorus or DU penetrator rounds to take the plane down with a single shot through the fuel tank in the wing.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
I was glued to MSNBC all night and will never forget the airing of an amateur video showing what appeared to be a missile soaring up from the ocean and then an explosion in the sky. That explosion was TWA 800.
I didn't see that. I wonder if anybody taped the broadcast? Sometimes I would tape stuff so I could watch it later and FF through the commercials, but I wasn't watching MSNBC at that time.

There aren't many details in the article. Hopefully the film will have more. But if it was really ordinance I would have thought that it would leave a signature about the source, and the article says they don't speculate about the source.

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
There was no radar evidence of a SAM
The article linked in the OP does say something about radar evidence:

“They also provide radar and forensic evidence proving that one or more ordinance explosions outside the aircraft caused the crash.”

edit on 18-6-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

I've unsuccessfully searched for years and years for that video I viewed late that night; in fact all of the top Flight 800 researchers have publicly stated that their quest for a copy of the video has also been unsuccessful. The story I've read in a few publications is that shortly after the video aired the FBI entered the NBC/MSNBC control room and confiscated the video. The video aired after midnight eastern and was confiscated before the Today Show was broadcast that morning (it was never even mentioned on Today or ever again by any NBC News property).

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Most people weren't watching MSNBC at that time, frankly it had just debuted that week and with Brian Williams' Rand McNally map as the graphics, I'd assume that most watching when the news broke switched over to CNN (or local NY news). The TWA 800 video exclusive was what they hoped would put the network on the map (MSNBC won the bidding war and I hear the price was outrageous), but the FBI had other ideas.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ok, my mind is slightly blown. If one had asked me the date this happened, I would have said early to mid 2000's. I'm only about a decade off. Well, anyways, I always thought this was blown up by someone and I have no recollection of why I thought that. Might have been sketchy news reports at the time, I don't remember but that's what I've believed since it happened.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

You can still find it if you look hard enough, it's not on the regular internet though you have to venture over to the dark side of the web. The lack or radar evidence for a SAM though leads me to believe they stopped talking about it after finding out that it wasn't related to flight 800 but possibly another plane that was downed off the coast of a SA country, can't remember the flight # or country off hand so I'll have to look at which one it was. I do remember they found the FDR and CVR for the SA flight and the pilot reported an unknown radar return moving at a high rate of speed on an intercept course with their plane. This led to speculation of a UFO being involved, however I believe it was probably a SAM in that case and not aliens.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm just going to post this link to an EPIX press release about the documentary because it "may" contain a link to a site and a password allowing you to view the EPIX TWA Flight 800 documentary (which debuts on EPIX on 17 July 2013) now.... allegedly...

press.epixhd.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You would have to be talking about a AAA system, which would kind of stand out on any kind of boat. A large caliber rifle wouldn't have the range to hit it effectively at the time of the explosion. The flight that reported the explosion to ATC reported it at around 16,000 feet.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I challenge you to find it. If you do find it I will gladly build a monument in your honor on the National Mall in Washington DC... ;-)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The radar only showed the explosion(s) but no missile(s) on the intercept course. Missle's don't just appear from nowhere it would be seen heading in to intercept the plane. Especially given they were close enough to the airport airspace for low altitude radar to be able to pick up anything from almost sea level, due to it needing to track inbound and outbound flights during landing and take off.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

Most people weren't watching MSNBC at that time, frankly it had just debuted that week and with Brian Williams' Rand McNally map as the graphics, I'd assume that most watching when the news broke switched over to CNN (or local NY news). The TWA 800 video exclusive was what they hoped would put the network on the map (MSNBC won the bidding war and I hear the price was outrageous), but the FBI had other ideas.

You heard this where? Do you have sources for the video being sold to the highest bidder and then being confiscated? If they had shown the video and it was subsequently confiscated, I think they would have reported such incident. It's speculation claimed to be truth like this that clouds reality for people doing real research.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Is this the flight that was full of Students heading to France

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher
Ok, my mind is slightly blown. If one had asked me the date this happened, I would have said early to mid 2000's. I'm only about a decade off. Well, anyways, I always thought this was blown up by someone and I have no recollection of why I thought that. Might have been sketchy news reports at the time, I don't remember but that's what I've believed since it happened.

It is so weird that you said that. When I first read the story, I seemed to remember the crash being 2001/2002. Then, the math just didn't add up. Damned alternate timelines... or, more likely, I'm just getting old...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

There were several large fishing and private vessels in the area at the time that would have been capable of hiding fairly large weapons systems in the cargo holds below deck. Open the deck hatches and you now have a hidden snipers nest. If the vessel was specifically modified for the purpose it could have a dump hatch like smugglers are known to use to drop their cargo if stopped.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join