It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally- All out invasion of Fallujah!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The scary thing is, these murderer/terrorists actually belive that "Allah" will welcome them with open arms in heaven... aye, that'll be right... how many did you kill mohammed ? 10 non belivers ! here have 12 virgins as a reward !

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I�m a veteran and I still support taking Fallujah. We need to get this over with and start to show the common people in Iraq that there is a strong force in charge of things, instead of gangs and thugs supported by Iran and Syria and Saudi Arabia.

What sickens me is watching Iraq�s neighbors prey on her. It�s amazing. I can�t imagine Canada doing this to America, although I�m sorry to say Mexico wouldn�t hesitate (and their reasons / motivation are another thread�s discussion).

All of you folks who hate Bush should pay attention. We have no need to take Fallujah in order to pump oil if that was our aim. It is not. Bush truly believes that the Middle East needs to be shaken up, that regime change needs to happen in many countries in that region. That despots need to go and we can no longer sit around hoping oppressed people will somehow �rise up� against brutal regimes.

In some cases this means force, in others political, and in other economic. I agree with his thinking. Better to change things there that let it fester under what we see. Better to take action and at least TRY to change things for the better.

This invasion is going to get rid of a lot of nasty people and perhaps give the Iraq�s there a more stable and peaceful future. It also has the possibility of stirring up more trouble across Iraq. It is sometimes hard to make these kinds of decisions.

Bin Laden sent America a wake up message, and now we are responding. We are responding more decisively and perhaps less cruelly than OBL expected. It�s messy, harsh, but not unnecessarily cruel.

I know, I know, some of you will disagree with this. But then, how many of you want to think back to past wars? Think about WWII, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq-Iran, etc�

Perhaps in 50 years, after the politics and emotion have had a chance to die down, and Syria, Iran, Iraq, Eygpt, and Saudia Arabia all hold free elections, we�ll see this war in a different light.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
All of you folks who hate Bush should pay attention. We have no need to take Fallujah in order to pump oil if that was our aim. It is not.

You also can't pump oil if the civilian populace rises up against their occupiers and changes the occupational government of the country to kick them out by appealing to the rest of the international community. A pro-occupational government, like the one currently in place, will not be against such oil sucking.

Violent suppression of civilian rebellion, which is what this actually is, is the only method to ensure that the current government will survive to allow the pumping of that oil.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Frith]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Violent suppression of civilian rebellion, which is what this actually is, is the only method to ensure that the current government will survive to allow the pumping of that oil.

I don't think anyone is denying that this is what is taking place, but you forgot some crucial eliments here. Only some of these fighters are actually Iraqi rebels. Most of the insurgent fighters are terrorists from Iran and Syria. The only way for there finally to be peace in Iraq, and for the new government to be able to grow strong is to wipe out these terrorists.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
I hate couch patriots. If you are so eager to kill terrorists and to support Bush's mindless drive to war, then by all means, join up and "serve" your country...

I don't understand how someone with such an "anti-war" message can have a name like Skullsplitter, and an avatar like this:

Isn't that a contradiction of philosophies?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ya wahoo death & destruction!

Alright, mow down that town and smoke out the villians! bombs over baghdad rules and i say we need to support our president and destroy human life based on morals!

Saddam this one's for you?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
No one wants to see people being killed in wartime, and oil probably is a factor in this iraq conflict but what people seem to forget is that Saddam Hussain murdered tens if not hundreds of thousands of his own people and breached 3 UN reslolutions. We may not be able to find the WMD but he was still in breach, what did he have to hide ? All you anti-war protesters need to have a reality check and rememeber what happened in NY a few years ago. What kind of message would leaving iraq now give, terrorists would see that as an open invitation.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slanty
No one wants to see people being killed in wartime, and oil probably is a factor in this iraq conflict but what people seem to forget is that Saddam Hussain murdered tens if not hundreds of thousands of his own people and breached 3 UN reslolutions. We may not be able to find the WMD but he was still in breach, what did he have to hide ? All you anti-war protesters need to have a reality check and rememeber what happened in NY a few years ago. What kind of message would leaving iraq now give, terrorists would see that as an open invitation.

Something said often enough becomes the truth. This is the case with the claims of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in mass graves. There may be thousands, but so far, not even ten thousand have been dug up. Don't take my word for it though:

observer.guardian.co.uk...

As far as September 11th being used as the scapegoat for mass murder, that is no excuse. Iraq was no threat at all as we have now fully come to realize. Staying there and killing the population in an attempt to pacify them to accept their obviously unwanted new government is a serious error that I fear will have hugely negative ramifications in the future.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Frith]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
oh he had WMD alright, about a ton of radiotive ore. although this couldnt be used as weapons and probably wouldnt kill a mouse never mind a city.
they were no threat, many just felt the need to let out anger on someone and since iraq was doing bad stuff they let it loose on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join