It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally- All out invasion of Fallujah!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm glad the military is finally hitting the insurgency in Fallujah hard, except this wont be the last battle, there is still plenty of unsurgency spread out through Iraq. It seems to me that Bush has open the paradox box and he can't close it.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CMCLA2003
I'm glad the military is finally hitting the insurgency in Fallujah hard, except this wont be the last battle, there is still plenty of unsurgency spread out through Iraq. It seems to me that Bush has open the paradox box and he can't close it.

Just a few corrections for future reference:

First, it's insurgency, not unsurgency.
Second, I think you are referring to "pandora's box" and not the paradox box...

Third:

Oh Allah, may the true believers spend this night in absolute devotion to you. Oh Allah, remove the darkness from our hearts and the slothfulness from our souls. Oh Allah, deliver the Muslims from their oppression and grant victory to our Mujahideen over the aggressors. Ameen.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pbauer
securing two key bridges over the Euphrates River (search) in what appeared to be the first stage of the long-expected assault on the insurgent stronghold.

I am not making any sttement other than that of levity, interesting fun fact:

Revelation 9:14-17

"Saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, Loose the four angels who are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, who were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a moth, and a year, to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the hoursemen, were 200,000 thousand: and I heard the number of them. And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breast plates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions, and out of their mouth issued fire and smoke and brimstone."

[edit on 8/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I hate couch patriots. If you are so eager to kill terrorists and to support Bush's mindless drive to war, then by all means, join up and "serve" your country...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Why dosn't the US drop a Neutron Bomb and get it done with, Im pretty sure our Government can cover it up, Hell Its the best at it

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX 1138
Why dosn't the US drop a Neutron Bomb and get it done with, Im pretty sure our Government can cover it up, Hell Its the best at it

WWWWHHHHOOOOOAAAAAA I feel sorry for you last time I say something like this all the nuts came out of the wood work and I
had hell to pay, have fun. LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For all of you granola eating, sandal wearing hippies; Oh, and you wussy Canucks too, this point obviously hasn't hit home with you yet.

Terrorists will NOT listen to reason! They hate you, and they hate me. Go ahead and try to hand a flower to a crazy man (or woman) screaming for jihad. Maybe you'll see my way when they blow themselves up just when you get into range.

What happened after 9/11 when we all saw things the same way? Why is it, that only us on the right have stayed focus on these bastards?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
I hate couch patriots. If you are so eager to kill terrorists and to support Bush's mindless drive to war, then by all means, join up and "serve" your country...

I've served my four years. I was serving when 9/11 happened, and I wouldn't change anything.

A lot of you liberals always use that as an argument. "Why don't you join and fight?" I did.

Now, let me ask you that same question friend. Why don't you? Or are you scared?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Revelation 6:14-17

"Saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, Loose the four angels who are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, who were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a moth, and a year, to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the hoursemen, were 200,000 thousand: and I heard the number of them. And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breast plates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions, and out of their mouth issued fire and smoke and brimstone."

Interesting quote, I never picked up on that before. For the record, I believe it is Revelation 9:14-17 though. If that number was 200,000 instead of 200,000,000 I would be a little scared right about now.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

For all of you granola eating, sandal wearing hippies; Oh, and you wussy Canucks too, this point obviously hasn't hit home with you yet.

Terrorists will NOT listen to reason! They hate you, and they hate me. Go ahead and try to hand a flower to a crazy man (or woman) screaming for jihad. Maybe you'll see my way when they blow themselves up just when you get into range.

Maybe they only hate our governments and their policies.

Also, I assume you are only Speculating when you say that terrorists won't listen to reason. I can't remember anybody ever trying to talk to them...

edited for grammar

[edit on 8-11-2004 by quango]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I've served my four years. I was serving when 9/11 happened, and I wouldn't change anything.

A lot of you liberals always use that as an argument. "Why don't you join and fight?" I did.

Now, let me ask you that same question friend. Why don't you? Or are you scared?

I served my six years, and maybe it was in that extra two years that I learned not to disgrace myself by insulting others and strutting around like a jackass.

What military service should leave you with is a level head, a sense of honor, personal integrity, ability to work with others and an understanding of leadership.

If you are missing these things, then you have been shortchanged. If you are not missing these things, your posting style doesn't reflect them.

If four years of military service didn't teach you the self-discipline necessary to engage in civil discussion, then I doubt anything will.

Here's hoping I'm wrong about that.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I served my six years, and maybe it was in that extra two years that I learned not to disgrace myself by insulting others and strutting around like a jackass.

What military service should leave you with is a level head, a sense of honor, personal integrity, ability to work with others and an understanding of leadership.

If you are missing these things, then you have been shortchanged. If you are not missing these things, your posting style doesn't reflect them.

If four years of military service didn't teach you the self-discipline necessary to engage in civil discussion, then I doubt anything will.

Here's hoping I'm wrong about that.

I think you are right, the military does leave you with those things you mentioned. However, I don't see my self strutting around like anything, except a patriot who supports my president, and defends his policies.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

What happened after 9/11 when we all saw things the same way? Why is it, that only us on the right have stayed focus on these bastards?

I don't recall ANY of the 9/11 terrorists being IRAQI. The meme seems to have worked on you, pbauer.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by para
Interesting quote, I never picked up on that before. For the record, I believe it is Revelation 9:14-17 though. If that number was 200,000 instead of 200,000,000 I would be a little scared right about now.

My bad on the type o I fixed the 6 to a nine my brain don't fart right all the time as for the amount

it is spelt out in the passage two hundred thousand thousand

my type out was 200,000 thousand seems same to me

here is KJV and concordance passage link

KING JAMES VERSION

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
So long as the civilian populace of a country fights its occupation, there will never be peace. To think that killing everybody living in Fallujah will bring about some sort of peace is very self-delusional. It will merely embolden the surviving guerillas and create more to replace those that have died. This is a path well worn by history and time and again the results are the same. Attacks upon rebellious civilian populations to control them never works and one day the U.S. led coalition will be forced out of Iraq just as the U.S. was in Vietnam. Then in place of the current occupational government will come a very unfriendly theocracy born out of sheer hatred and revenge. Not that this wouldn't be the end result already.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Frith]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I think you are right, the military does leave you with those things you mentioned. However, I don't see my self strutting around like anything, except a patriot who supports my president, and defends his policies.

I know you were challenged to "serve or shut up", so maybe I should have been a bit more tactful.

Thorfinn's challenge was childish and crass, and defines his stature accordingly. My hope is that you won't slide down into the muck with him.

Military service was my privilege to perform as it was yours, and I don't care to go waving it in the faces of other people because that would be arrogant, sanctimonious and contrary to the spirit of service to nation. I didn't serve so I could have bragging rights, and that would have been a poor reason for doing so.

The truth is that all U.S. military serve our people just as we serve the nation. Thus our place is not to set ourselves above our countrymen, but by their side in good times and bad. Our service gives us responsibilities, not lordship.

Basically I was suggesting you straighten out your gigline. And whether it is fair or not, I always expect a little more from a veteran, because I know you can deliver.

So please don't get me wrong, honorable military service is worthy of respect. My harsh tone was the product of a flashback to my own time of service, long, long ago.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The one thing I have noticed that is pervasive throughout these forums is the reference to "those bastards" when referring to Muslims/Arabs in connection with 9/11.

[sarcasm]Keep that up, and I'm sure a peaceful coexistance is coming in the near future.[/sarcasm]

In reality, the "unbearable hell" is what's in the future, and it doesn't exlude anyone.

I wonder why so many people are convinced that you can stop terrorism, not by attacking the causes of terrorism, but by killing as many people as you can.

I wonder how devastating the next attack might have to be, that you would see the policies of the current administration did little to curb the problem, only more to inflame it.

God willing, everyone will learn.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
election modification?

members.toast.net...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Yes there's a sad few who leave out the "terrorist" word when they are describing the bastards you are talking about 226.

When you used to hear a lot more of the IRA & thier Loyalist opponents (before terrorists became associated with hacking the heads off helpless civilian hostages live via the net that is, and lost its "cool" image) Myself and a lot of other people used to refer to those IRA, Loyalist or Irish Terrorist bastards becasue that is what they were....Irish, Terrorists and Bastards............whilst there was a recognition that apart from a minority of seemingly mindless freakin idiot supporters on both sides, most Irish didnt want a bar of the troubles in Northern Ireland.

Now most of the terrorism we are seeing ( I'm talking again about the kidnappings, the beheadings and the deliberate targeting of soft civilian targets where the only crime anyone is committing is buying food rather than blowing up other innocent civilians) is unfortunatley being done by Muslim and Arab terrorists bastards ( I will not dignify them by calling them insurgents or freedom fighters).......and for most of us the emphasis remains on the "terrorist bastards" part .......who unfortunately appear to be Muslims and Arabs....even if they only represent a small twisted proportion of the overall population.

To try and isolate the description of the collective elements of the group would be like trying to give a copper a description of a mugger along the lines of "he was culturally neutral, 5'9" muscular build"

So yes, when a terrorist group continually happens to claim arabic or muslim heritage when announcing responsibility for the latest atrocity I will continue to call them those arab/muslim TERRORIST bastards......because I know what I am emphasising....thier character, not thier race or faith.

And I will continue to lament the people who lump all muslims and arabs into the same basket as those terrorist bastards....wake up people.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
I wonder why so many people are convinced that you can stop terrorism, not by attacking the causes of terrorism, but by killing as many people as you can.

Certainly, the real causes of terrorism must be addressed and problems corrected. Absolutely, and we would have to be nuts not to know that.

But whatever the causes of terrorism, terrorists themselves must be destroyed. Any course of action which doesn't accomplish this fundamental goal would be a colossal failure.

The days of terrorists striking without being punished are long behind us. We are no longer sitting around waiting to be attacked. Life is much harder for our enemies than it was a few years ago, and that is a good thing.

And for those who have chosen the path of terrorism, may God have mercy on their souls, because we will not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join