It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Conspiring To Smear Edward Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I enjoy the Young Turks (most of the time) and this clip only solidifies why I enjoy them so. They discuss our new found hero, Mr. Snowden, and how the MSM is doing their best to smear him. They ask the question of why the MSM doesn't stand up to the Gov't and for Snowden, which is supposed to be their job while supporting whistle blowers, but instead are clearly in bed with them.

Brought to you by Mox News

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Though this probably should have a thread of it's own I will just drop this here because there is a lot of parallels to what the MSM is doing. I agree with the premise they are going out of their way to smear Snowden.

John Cusack's The Snowden Principle. I thought it was a very good read... and I too believe the MSM is deliberately smearing while omitting some very serious issues in the NSA.

Here is John Cusack's words... he makes a lot of sense.

When The Snowden Principle is invoked and revelations of this magnitude are revealed; it is always met with predictable establishment blowback from the red and blue elites of state power. Those in charge are prone to hysteria and engage in character assassination, as are many in the establishment press that have been co-opted by government access . When The Snowden Principle is evoked the fix is always in and instead of looking at the wrongdoing exposed, they parrot the government position no matter what the facts.

The Snowden Principle just cannot be tolerated...

Source

Enjoy...
edit on 18-6-2013 by Terminal1 because: Added external text

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I thought it was general knowledge that mainstream media outlets are in the pocket of political groups

This is a good example though of media coming to the defence of government.

They did a good job of highlighting the biased positions being taken by news reporters on Snowden

edit on 18-6-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Dbl post

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just like many here on ATS, when the message cannot be refuted, attack the messenger.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Dayum! John "Better Off Dead" Cusack wrote that? I've always been a fan of his work and now I'm a fan of his thoughts

You're right, that does deserve its own thread and I fully support that you create one but thank you for sharing in my thread first!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I thought it was general knowledge that mainstream media outlets are in the pocket of political groups

This is a good example though of media coming to the defence of government.

They did a good job of highlighting the biased positions being taken by news reporters on Snowden

All of the above.

For many it is well known but not everyone is aware and or agrees, some call them sheeple. This is just another fine example of how the MSM is biased and that's because they're owned and operated by the same elite who own and operate our false gov't.

"It's a Big Club and you ain't in it! You and I are not in the Big Club." - George Carlin
edit on 18-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

John Cusack agrees.

Those in charge are prone to hysteria and engage in character assassination, as are many in the establishment press that have been co-opted by government access . When The Snowden Principle is evoked the fix is always in and instead of looking at the wrongdoing exposed, they parrot the government position no matter what the facts

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Always thought of him as John "Gross Pointe Blank" Cusack myself. Now I can't get the image of Dan Akroyd saying "Popcorn!" just before he takes a TV to the head.

But John did hit it out of the park with that piece. Start another thread with it... I'm not good at starting threads.

I just know I had read this before last Sunday and when I watched Bob Schieffers diatribe Cusacks words resonated. I just wanted to reach into the TV and smack old Bob. Comparing Snowden to Rosa Parks as if Rosa Parks could have been Gitmoed which IMHO can be worse than a "death sentence".

new topics

top topics

join