It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Lebron x shoe..proof that tptb pick who wins nba finals?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ok so Nike has released some photos of Lebron James' new shoe called the "Lebron x." Nothing crazy about that. However inside on the heel of one shoe has printed "2 time champion" the other shoe has the text "11-12 12-13" Now anyone who watches NBA basketball knows that Lebron and the heat did win a championshiop for the 11-12 season, but the 12-13 season finals are still going on right now, and Lebron and the heat are down a game anyway!
Reminds me of an episode of x-files where the smoking man is decing who will win the super bowl. Does nike know something..it would be eerie if the heat end up winning a championship this year
Heres a link.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 18-6-2013 by stonedgolfer because: spelling error

edit on 18-6-2013 by stonedgolfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedgolfer

My mind=blown

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Pic:

Well have to wait and see tonight...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not if Tim Duncan and the Spurs have their say.

NBA refs being involved in cheating scandals is no secret. The NBA would rather the Heat win because that will make the NBA more money.

I personally think LeBron is not the best player in the NBA right now, Kobe and Blake Griffin are just two other names to throw out there. He is a phenomenal athlete and has been chosen to be the next Jordan.

Jordan's Bulls made the finals 6 times and won all of them....LeBron will never be able to match that.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think this is reaching too far because they could have printed that ahead of time just in case they do win, like they do with them Final shirts making it for both teams.. I dont watch sports anymore but I am into sneakers and thats the only logic reason that I can come up with as to why it has the date stitiched on and if they dont win.. thats gonna be one rare PE sneaker
edit on 18-6-2013 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
As far as I can tell those shoes could be someone from Nikes personal project. He could have a bet with a coworker on the series and has made these shoes to show support and show off. A single pair of customized Lebrons don't offer me enough proof to say the NBA is fixed and the series is decided nor that they had Nike commissioned ahead of time to officialize it. Besides if Manu shows up again tonight and Danny Green doesn't go stone cold, the Spurs have a good chance of ending it now. A champions performance from Dwayne Wade might push a game 7, but the Spurs basically have Lebron figured out. Still can't shoot.

reply to post by jrod

....Blake Griffin as the best player in the league?..... I'm absolutely baffled at what could compel you to say that. Please explain.
edit on 18-6-2013 by LizardSlicks because: add

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So?

It's just like when there are NHL Finals, happening now, or NFL or any sport.

They print 2012-2013 Championship T-Shirts and Hats and Sweats (EVERYTHING) in both teams so they can sell them moments after the game is over.

Are you new to sports?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
On par with Jordan? hell no, he's not even on par with magic, magic could play and defend all 5 positions. however I do believe that Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now, he can also play all 5 positions, but he cant defend all 5, LeBron cant effectively defend a big man in the post, and offensively he seems scared to go up against bigger players, he doesn't like to make contact. Jordan on the other hand who was a smaller guy would go to the basket every time and knew he'd either get to the basket or get to the line. With Lebrons size he should have no fear of driving to the basket, but he only does it when hes got an open lane.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
the Lebron x shoes are not someone at nikes personal project. they are his new line of shoe....I don't really think there's a conspiracy to it, but you have to think them winning tonight is the only way for it to go to game 7, and what's more p[profitable for the nba a 6 game series or 7 game series? Plus it adds drama, the heat being down a game going in to game 6 and winning it and taking it to game 7 then winning 7 just makes for good tv

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Heh...

Nike is Miami Heat sponsor, Adidas San Antonio Spurs sponsor.

It is uncommon to create a small patch of shoes/shirts stating champion before the finals. Even wondered how the stores are able to sell the champions items immediately after the finals end? That is the reason. These are made beforehand as immediately after the finals many fans, especially those who are usually in the middle (supporters, but not huge fans watching every game, usually in the stands) buy these on emotions.

If this goes well, Nike makes some nice profit. If does not, they simply sell cheaper, still earn from it. There have been failure patches before too and will be in the future, although usually these are not leaked beforehand, just sold quietly.

Why it was leaked? Probably to show encouragement to the team. There is nothing to lose after all and if they guess correctly they get their reputation. Interesting marketing campaign

It is very hard to control such pro games. It requires buying off millionaire players to not get credit for their work (title). It is possible although unlikely. Also referee can not affect the match that much in basketball. In soccer it is easier - red card or a couple of false decisions at offsides.

Personally I think its very hard to predict. The King & Co are the strongest team in NBA currently when individual skills are taken into account. Although Spurs are not weak either. Miami defense has had trouble with dealing with the experience of Tim Duncan, the speed of Tony Parker and the 3-pointers from the surprise guy: Danny Green. Miami has two home games ahead and I would not be surprised the least if they can take these. Everything depends how the coach can get the team motivated and how their defense will hold. But well, well see. Personally supporting San Antonio today

edit on 18-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You do realize its the insole that it is printed on, right? Give you two guesses why they put it on the only removable part of a shoe...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yeah Lebrons way softer than he should be. He has an aversion to basically all contact for a player his size but he's especially sensitive about his head. If he gets his head slightly touched (I mean slightly like air from the fingertips grazing the hair) in any way he automatically gets this indignant screaming baby look on his face and pleads between each ref for a call. Just stops playing and cries, as thousands in the stadium look to him and millions of kids watch him. Watch what happens to him when he drives to the lane and meets fair contact without the whistle. He is good and will score, but he's easily frustrated and too easily neutralized to have "witness history" tattooed on his calves and be talked about amongst Jordan or even Kobe.
edit on 18-6-2013 by LizardSlicks because: differentiate

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

I not a sports fanatic so my opinions on sports aren't as spot on as most arm chair experts. I do think Lebron is overrated and will never be on the same level as Jordan or Magic.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The Lebron X's have been out for some time now in numerous colorways. So what you are saying is that these are an upcoming colorway in his current sneaker. I looked on a few sneakerhead websites and on footlocker and these green monstrosities are not part of any official release or publicized upcoming promotions so how do you know they aren't somebody at Nikes personal project, or similar? Another poster informed that Nike sponsors the Heat. They could be a wishful gift.

reply to post by jrod

Agreed.
edit on 18-6-2013 by LizardSlicks because: add

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is interesting. So the NWO pick the sports winners before hand and tell everyone about it with sloganistic advertising.

Man, well, I must have missed it but we have butterfly dudes and bee men. It must be, but they must have all flown away.

I mean, ali used float like a butterfly, sting like a bee - why would he say such things unless tptb knew about the sinister transmogrifying machines to alter the human dna into inscetoid dna. And not surprising he won a lot of fights too.

Yep, it's another clear case of the boogyman telling us that he's under our beds, by leaving notes on the ceiling..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Would you be willing to put a $1000+ dollar bet on the game?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It was more than likely made in anticipation of the Heat winning... kind of like "Dewey Defeats Truman"

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means that during the Super Bowl, when the players come out right after and they are wearing their championship hats.... that... they.... knew all along!

Mind:Blown

Or Nike was making prototypes in the case of the Heat winning.

But yeah, must be some insidious conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonedgolfer
the Lebron x shoes are not someone at nikes personal project. they are his new line of shoe....I don't really think there's a conspiracy to it, but you have to think them winning tonight is the only way for it to go to game 7, and what's more p[profitable for the nba a 6 game series or 7 game series? Plus it adds drama, the heat being down a game going in to game 6 and winning it and taking it to game 7 then winning 7 just makes for good tv

I guess TPTB can't control baseball though... too powerful a sport? Baseball is uncontrollable? If you look at passed world series, you will see a number of sweeps. Or uneven wins.

4-0
4-3
4-1
4-2
4-1
4-0
4-1
4-0
4-0

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Jordan's Bulls made the finals 6 times and won all of them....LeBron will never be able to match that.

This may be unlikely, but assume for a moment Lebron James makes the finals 9 times, but only wins 6 championships. Would you consider Jordan's 6 for 6 superior?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join