It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Club of Rome report: We're running out of everything!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I think reduction in our numbers and more conservative use in our resources to be honest. To switch our needs to renewable sources we have to let the Earth renew itself foremost.

By reduction too, I don't mean population reduction by forced means, but by a conscience effort to reduce our numbers.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wehavenoclue
We need integrative solutions. I'm working on proofing a concept for economic feasibility on a small scale with dreams to scale up and implement in metro areas across the nation.

Garbage feeding chicken and pigs from slops created at restaurants. You just have to heat it up to burn up the pathogens to make it legal. You feed this mixed with grass mowed on site to the animals. They produce food, and manure which gets cycled into aquaponics. Duckweed grows from the manure and this feeds tilapia. Tilapia produce excess nitrogen which gets converted into nitrites and nitrates by bacteria. That's plant food.

You get ham, pork, bacon, chicken, eggs, tilapia, veggies and herbs from slops. Not a real solution to our problems, but it's a step in the right direction.
edit on 19-6-2013 by wehavenoclue because: (no reason given)

It's excellent to see some people using the old farming methods of letting nothing go to waste. It is true that on farms a great deal of potential energy (particularly methane on cattle farms) goes to waste.

Farms can and probably should be completely energy self sufficient if managed properly - it's just the cost of setting it all up that puts people off as the mentality is plough for profit down on the land unfortunately, but that's what happens when you let bankers take over agriculture....

However all of that aside, the mass of our population lives in the city where for health / safety / space reasons this integrated lifestyle option is not possible. What / how do we do to solve their problems?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I do not believe for one second we have the technology to have already consumed that much of our resources.. Probably wont in another thousand years. There is tons of land that's never been touched. This report is probably a scare tactic to force an agenda.

On the other side, i wish we would run out of everything overnight, right now. It's the only way to force correct thinking about new global energy solutions.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I do not believe for one second we have the technology to have already consumed that much of our resources.. Probably wont in another thousand years. There is tons of land that's never been touched. This report is probably a scare tactic to force an agenda.

On the other side, i wish we would run out of everything overnight, right now. It's the only way to force correct thinking about new global energy solutions.

The question isn't about how much is left exactly, it's about how easy to get, how costly, how polluting, what type of contamination levels you are willing to allow to build up.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The whole world will be eating bugs soon, regularly like they do in Asia.. Once we clear all the bugs out things are REALLY going to get interesting....

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The land and water wars will begin in the next 15 years and there is nothing we can do about it

We are going to run out of food if we keep growing like we stupidly are.
I heard on Coast to coast that we don't have big grain surpluses any more like we used to, and people may remember we had several food shortages and riots around the world in the last five years.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Forming a societal world that completely depends on finite resources for its survival was a dead end game before it even began.

What the hell was everyone thinking ?!

That finite resources would continue to supply an exponentially growing populace forever ?!

We were friggin doomed right from the get go.

The time to pay the piper is quickly approaching...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There are many far better solutions to the current. Hydrogen bubblers in cars so you run on water!!!! Thats a good one. Methane, of course.

But energy can be made out wind/kinetic energy, solar, and aslo friction heaters and stirling engines.

Not to mention cavitation.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by boncho

There are many far better solutions to the current. Hydrogen bubblers in cars so you run on water!!!! Thats a good one. Methane, of course.

I have seriously looked into the Hydrogen bubbler idea, was going to make one until I discovered it causes major embrittlement in the bores of the engine - it won't take too long for a piston to go through the side of the block if you go down that path in a regular gasoline engine.

peswiki.com...:Hydrogen_Embrittlement

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I heard about a huge fire in the town I lived in, and went to take a look, maybe in the early 90's.

It was a huge refrigerated warehouse that was burning, I was told it was full of butter and cheese.

That warehouse burned for I think about 2 weeks, it wasn't burning out of control, they just couldn't put it out because it was essentially a grease fire.

The surrounding area was flooded with grease and water and black goo for a year or so afterward, and it smelled to high heaven when the weather was hot the summer after it burned.

This isn't so much about that fire, this is about thousands of tons of foodstuffs being stored up for sale, when there are literally thousands of people starving on the streets.

There is no shortage of anything but Decency in this world, too much is taken by too few and not shared with others who need it, even if they have way more than they need, they still hoard it, and waste a whole buttload of it in locked dumpsters outside restaurants and businesses with "no trespassing " signs, it spoils while many go hungry, then it gets shoved into a land fill..

Certain things should not be owned, this was once referred to as "The Commons", places and things everyone needed to survive which were shared.

Capitalism is the problem, sometimes for the good of everyone, no one should control resources which are needed by the masses for profit.

And the "Profit" sez............................

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join