It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia votes to ban adoption for foreign gay couples

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

The numbers should'nt matter that much anyway, you are forgetting the human factor, gays are people who should have the same rights as everyone else, well in my opinion.

Then why did you bring the poll into it?

If you dont feel the same way well then that's fine, we can agree to disagree, you are not going to change my viewpoint and vice versa so why should we waste our time.

Where have I tried to change your viewpoint? Where have I said how I feel on it? I'm pointing out more statistics from the same poll you linked to, and a more recent one.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

It is a tendency, a behavioural component that has nothing to do with genetics. It is a behavioural legacy. It can and will influence kids. It is already doing it hence the dramatic increase of gays. Why do you think more and more are being attracted to it? They are told its fine so why not try it? Same will go with others sexual deviations.

Sexual orientation is not a behavior or a choice. It is how the body developed from its conception.

Science has discovered enough to know this. It is very complex, and can not be attributed to a single cause.

Science also does not know what causes left handedness.

Gays are more visible today because they can be. Giving the false assumption of larger numbers.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee!!!!

Bang on right as usual love ;D

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yes and the article says that the numbers are changing in Russia. I wonder why?
Even if the poll from 'Russia Today' ( potentially unreliable) is correct then that changes nothing, if the nazi's did a poll in Germany about the Jews at the height of the war what do you think the results would be? would the result of that poll make it okay for what happened the Jews in Germany because the majority voted for it? Nope , it was still wrong, in my opinion.

Instead of moving forward with the times Russia is moving backwards, the increasing violence towards gays is worrying,

It is pointless trying to talk to staunchly homophobic people, I fear that many gay people will have to wait a few more generations when all the homophobes have died out before they can have equal rights like they deserve.

so forgive me if assumed you were one of those people if you are not.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

They both seem to be going hand in hand at the minute in Russia. The topic is about Gay adoption rights ( or lack there of ) in Russia. I assume we can talk about anything that is affecting gays in Russia at the moment along those lines because well it does fit in with the topic, no?
edit on 19-6-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)
Ofcourse we can talk about anything related to the LGBT community. I'm just curious since they had the whole adoption thing in the news starting with babys and now gay couples? So wondering where its heading and why?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The timings are amazing
DOMA ruled unconstitutional today

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join