It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother, Jemima Slade ?Racism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Jemima Slade stated on a recent Big Brother show to another contestent that she does not fancy black men.
?Does this makes her a racist. Another housemate found the comments made by Jemima deeply offensive, making a big scene about it which resulted in a formal warning aginst Jemima by the Big Brother show.
?Was this a fairly decided by BB. I happened to be watching BB at the time and I felt no real offence had been commited in the context of the subject being discussed.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

That is not racist.. BB is all about drama.

How can it be racists, if i like porridge over bread.. bread should be mad and get offended over that. matter of taste can never be racist. BB is wrong but at least they got some drama.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't fancy red heads. Or really short guys. But as just friends I like them. Just no physical attraction.
To each their own.

Do we know how she feels about black women, or black men as "just friends"?
That would give a clearer picture of whether or not she's racist.

I don't think it makes her racist by just that remark, without knowing how she feels about black people in general.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Racist? No. A stupid thing to say during a social gameshow? Yep.....

Besides, for all we know, she could have had bad experiences with them in the past, etc. Simply hard to know if she meant it in a racist way without such context....but I doubt it....probably just a preference, and nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

?Why do you watch Big Brother.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It would depend on in what context she stated such, and I did not see it. There are many women that are not physically attracted to men of other races. If she made the statement in that particular context it is in no way a racist statement. If she said it in the context of judging all black men by stereotypes then I would say it could possibly be considered a racist comment.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I imagine the same reason most watch trainwreck shows...

Not my cup of tea...the only one I watch like that is Survivor. Been watching that since day 1, as it is a neat window into how people behave in such a setting.

top topics

join