It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK planned war on Syria before unrest began: French ex-foreign minister

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by Wonderer2012

One,its a CIVIL WAR!
Two, the UN has not accused them nor acted against the Syrian govt.
Three, the UK, part of the UN has lifted weapons embargo against Syria.

They are playing ball perfectly LEGIT.

The USA has accused Syria of the use of chemical weapons. If the USA acts it does so knowing that they may face the wrath of Russia and China.
edit on 18-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

A 'civil war' engineered by the UK and US. Made possible by our tax dollars.

'Legit'?

Well the Syrian people certainly didn't ask for the Taliban to imbed them selves into their lives. No one engineered it, the Taliban were trained by the CIA in the 80's. So if they are good at Guerrilla tactics, we have no one to blame but US.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
lol the French have always hated the British and that ex French president dumas more like dumb ass for believing this propaganda. No way the British people will accept another war and I assure you the only war will be the public against the government if that happens.

You still holding on to this 'them vs us' mentality?

Britain will accept a war, I mean since when do the people decide anything? If we go to war, what will you do, protest?

Good one

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes, but this isn't Libya we are talking about.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

lol the French have always hated the British and that ex French president dumas more like dumb ass for believing this propaganda. No way the British people will accept another war and I assure you the only war will be the public against the government if that happens.

Britain will accept a war, I mean since when do the people decide anything? If we go to war, what will you do, protest?

Good one

Yes considering its our tax money that has been funding the wars. How will they start a war if no one pays tax anymore money is power take away the power and the government is left powerless. The people have the power and they don't want to fund another war that they never agreed to. So stop with your propaganda and saying that UK wants a war.
edit on 6/18/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Do you really think that the British government will want to push us to breaking point if they go ahead with another useless war? It will cause mass civil unrest and it'll be a lot worse then the London riots, this will spark millions of people rioting and tbh the police cannot handle that many people. The armed forces are in another country so I don't see this happening.

link   

Well the Syrian people certainly didn't ask for the Taliban to imbed them selves into their lives. No one engineered it, the Taliban were trained by the CIA in the 80's. So if they are good at Guerrilla tactics, we have no one to blame but US.

Just to help with some historical accuracy. The Taliban were not around in the 1980’s. They started in the mid 1990’s and were more a product of the Pakistan intelligence services.

By all accounts, the Taliban are good at brutal repression, beheading people, flogging women and killing people who look different or don’t agree with their warped Islamist beliefs. As to being guerrilla good fighters, I think it is well understood that they tend to die quickly when in contact with professional soldiers from NATO, hence their reliance on IEDs, suicide bombings and hiding behind children.

Regards

link   

Who has been supplying the rebels arms thus far?

Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Thanks for the history, but i still believe that they were trained to fight the Russians in the 80's. They might not have unified into the Taliban till after the cold war.

Cant argue the facts about their dirty tricks......but no one ever said war was fair, and they certainly don't care about the Geneva convention either.

In any event, no one from Syria asked them to come play peekaboo with AK'S in their neighborhood.
edit on 18-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Thanks for the history, but i still believe that they were trained to fight the Russians in the 80's

Even though the Taliban never existed until 1994....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

How can these countries supply weapons and it not be an act of war? If it was happening like that wouldn't Assad be frothing at the thought of lashing out against the rebel supporters?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

why would it be an act of war?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Even though the Taliban never existed until 1994....

So what they all just materialized out of thin air? Come on you must understand that the people were around before they unified? So im to assume then you dont know that in 80's the PDPA fought against soviet occupation of their territory.

he Reagan administration increased arming and funding of the mujahideen as part of the Reagan Doctrine, thanks in large part to the efforts of Charlie Wilson and CIA officer Gust Avrakotos. Early reports estimated $6–20 billion but more recent reports suggest that up to $40 billion were provided by the U.S. and Saudi Arabia to Pakistan. This was in the forms of cash and weapons, which included over two thousand FIM-92 Stinger surface-to-air missiles.

Just because the country's name isn't the same dose not mean the people were not there and trained by the CIA to fight the Russians.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Presstv reporting or not..!

It’s about WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG not WHO IS RIGHT OR WRONG, what happens in Syria is their own business and EX colonial powers should stay out of it, actually there are no evidence that 90k+ civilians have been killed by the government’s forces (all we know is from the MSM propaganda crap).

You guys doubt the news source (when its suits you and your agenda) no matter what. Again.. it’s about what is right or wrong, not who is right or wrong!

Arming/supporting those terrorist bastage is WRONG.

British empire has this legendary (death grip) on those area and called it (green belt) starts from Morocco/Tunis/Libya/Egypt/Sirya/Jordan/Iraq/Iran/Pakaistan/Afghanistan/Tajikestan up to Himalaya mountains, just to keep the Russian’s access to the Persian gulf and Indian Ocean.

The evil empire lost it (back in WW2), and now will do whatever it can to take it back.

edit on 18-6-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

So if i arm your enemy who your at war with; with weapons to use against you, you wouldn't consider me taking sides in a war?

Its an act of war, might not be the first shot, but im arming your enemy....its an act of war against your nation.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

More proof that there is a grand plan coming from those we know as TPTB, c'mon people, you don't believe things just happen do you? There is a grand plan here

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Good one

Yes considering its our tax money that has been funding the wars. How will they start a war if no one pays tax anymore money is power take away the power and the government is left powerless. The people have the power and they don't want to fund another war that they never agreed to. So stop with your propaganda and saying that UK wants a war.
edit on 6/18/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

Slow down. I agree with your sentiment, the people never want war.

I agree if we all stopped paying taxes then we would regain our power, but that is not going to happen because we are divided and most people do not care because they don't see how it affects them.

The UK does however, 100% want war. NOT THE UK PEOPLE, but those who control both sides of our political system. Be clear on this.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If any of you speak french roland dumas made his comments during a discussion on a french tv station called LCP and here is the link to the video of the discussion

Roland Dumas : les Anglais préparaient la guerre en Syrie deux ans avant

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So if i arm your enemy who your at war with; with weapons to use against you, you wouldn't consider me taking sides in a war?

Its an act of war, might not be the first shot, but im arming your enemy....its an act of war against your nation.

its not, its just business, I mean with that logic then Germany has been at war with everyone for years because of the amount of weapons they sell.

edit on 18-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I agree if we all stopped paying taxes then we would regain our power, but that is not going to happen because we are divided and most people do not care because they don't see how it affects them.

The UK does however, 100% want war. NOT THE UK PEOPLE, but those who control both sides of our political system. Be clear on this.

I can agree with you on that. We could stop paying taxes and shut down the governments in months. They couldn't cope with a governmental boycott.

We literally have the upper hand, but everyone is so complacent. Drink some more water....the fluoride and lithium are good for you

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Do you really think that the British government will want to push us to breaking point if they go ahead with another useless war? It will cause mass civil unrest and it'll be a lot worse then the London riots, this will spark millions of people rioting and tbh the police cannot handle that many people. The armed forces are in another country so I don't see this happening.

You are making good points but what if those in control want civil unrest? The government is under control and has been hijacked over many decades, the UK along with Europe and USA are pushing the people into civil unrest, it is part of the 'game'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join