South African diplomats angered at being spied on by the UK

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk... l

South African diplomats were angered,along with Russian and Turkish counterparts,claiming that they were repeatedly spied upon while at the G20 summit.

Clayson Monyela, a spokesman for South Africa's foreign ministry said in his twitter feed that the matter was "extremely disturbing" and was "receiving attention".

www.itweb.co.za...:Govt-calls-for-probe-into-spy-reports

edit on 18-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

They should just do something about it, its like the spying on the UN delegations during the talks for Iraq2.0, or how the US also does not respond in kind to the Israel spies (or Germany to the US or China)...

The only player that gets as much as it deals are the Ruskies.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I really don't understand all these countries coming out in anger over being spied on, just seems so stupid to me

what do they think the likes of the CIA, SIS, GCHQ, Mossad, NSA et al actually do, their spy agencies, they spy on people and every country does this. Just about every sovereign state has a foreign intelligence service that they use to spy on other states, even ones they are allies with.

So why would they be so surprise to all of a sudden find out that they are also being spied on, South Africa probably does a fair bit of spying on other states, they shouldn't be surprised when they find out they are also being spied on.

I just don't get it, everyone knows that everyone spies on everyone else.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I really don't understand all these countries coming out in anger over being spied on, just seems so stupid to me

what do they think the likes of the CIA, SIS, GCHQ, Mossad, NSA et al actually do, their spy agencies, they spy on people and every country does this. Just about every sovereign state has a foreign intelligence service that they use to spy on other states, even ones they are allies with.

So why would they be so surprise to all of a sudden find out that they are also being spied on, South Africa probably does a fair bit of spying on other states, they shouldn't be surprised when they find out they are also being spied on.

Yeah, it is almost comical.

They just have to show "official" indignation. Then they'll go read the intel reports compiled by their own intelligence service.
[

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hi op

They will do nothing and spout out of their behinds and blackmail us for more money
and immigrants

Mods this is the conspiracies forum so here's my propaganda theory

By Jasbir Authi Comments Knifeman 'washed blood from hands before praying' 17 Jun 2013 09:17 Witnesses tell of horror attack at Ward End mosque Share on print Share on email The scene outside the Washwood Heath Muslim Centre in Ward End The scene outside the Washwood Heath Muslim Centre in Ward End A knifeman who stabbed three worshippers and a police officer in a rampage at a Ward End mosque stopped to wash blood from his hands before praying, witnesses said. When police then arrived the man was tasered – but it had no effect and he stabbed a constable in the chest and stomach with his large combat knife. Even though he was badly injured, the 31-year-old officer, who has been hailed a hero , managed to subdue the suspect with the help of a female colleague. A 32-year-old man, thought to be from Somalia, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder is today at a secure mental health facility after being deemed unfit to be interviewed.

www.birminghammail.co.uk...

Ok so this is a muslim stabbing a fellow muslim.

"Nothing like that ever happens here said a local resident"

So is this a a way out plan to start getting Muslims to kill one another by brainwashing in Somalia.

Divide and Conquer?
Get where Im going?

Thank goodness for this forum

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I honestly can't imagine SA spying on other countries-i'm sure they do not have the resources for that.The government's priorities lie elsewhere,anyway.Not saying it's utterly impossible,just not very likely.I cannot imagine why they're surprised,either-it goes with that type of job,one would think.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

They have their own foriegn intelligence service (SASS) so i am sure they've done some spying themselves

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Honestly, I laughed when I saw this on the news.

Knowing our government and the way they are acting to this, is once again just showing their ignorance to what politics is really about! Just like our government to act like this. Nothing new.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's not that they are really surprised at all, but they have to make these noises or be looked at as weak by their people. This is deeper than just GCHQ caught spying, it's forcing other governments to acknowledge it.

SA, Turkey and all other nations should expect it. But all of this is kept out of the media for a reason. It doesn't do them any good to look weak in the eyes of their people.

The press and politicians in those countries will be writing about this, and people will be looking to see how their governments react to this. Those governments have to look mad about it, otherwise their own media and public will be incredibly suspicious about whether their own government has a backbone.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Gee, in what world do you live in...

SA is a major player in all African nations, granted that they are not as aligned to the Anglo-American interests as others but they are part of the Commonwealth.

Heck they even are thought to have fairly developed nuclear program (that people rarely talk about) and are believed to have helped (or worked in conjunct with the Israelis, especially in the nuclear testing bit).

Sorry if I have just complicated your world a bit more, but this is the sad state of affairs we have corned ourselves into....

new topics

join