It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protests Have Begun...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
It works better when you put him on IGNORE right afterwards.

Also, if Liberals and Democrats really want to do something, they should boycott the mouth piece of the Republican party.

NewsCorp

I agree with the ignore sometimes is a helpfull tool, for the ones that do not want to denied ignorance

And for the NewsCorp I am don't watch news much to depresing.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antipigopolist

"Gun Rack in my pickup...check
Confederate Flag...check
Chewin Tabacee...check
Bullets...check
Mullet freshly trimmed...check
Educated mind...errr....um....ah f' it"

If this is the guy you're looking for, you will be easy to sneak up on.

On one hand you question whether the protesters had a legal permit (you don't need a permit to protest as afforded by the bill of rights) and then spew the crap quoted above. You truly are unbalanced.

You should be carerful to check the local laws before you start to exercise your rights. Your rights are intact, but there are responsibilities which you must exercise in the process or you will find yourself in the Crossbar Hotel.

Rights always go hand in hand with responsibilities.

You have probably never met a man more balanced than I am, pig.

[edit on 04/11/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott You have probably never met a man more balanced than I am, pig.
I've already asked you once in this thread to take notice of the call for decorum in this forum. The above comment resulted in your warn.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree with the ignore sometimes is a helpfull tool, for the ones that do not want to denied ignorance

And for the NewsCorp I am don't watch news much to depresing.

Newcorp also produces The Simpsons and American Idol and 24. Major League baseball. Twentieth Century Fox produces the X-Men.

So, hit them where it hurts. Stop buying their product and maybe they'll be nicer to us. Maybe they won't be so quick to call us un-american or un-patriotic when it hurts their bottom line. Bill O'Reilly grossed 60 million. The X-Men 2 grossed over a billion dollars world wide.

They like money, so stop giving them your money, and they'll want it again.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
In addition, the support of violence toward a political ideological group will not be tolerated.

Satire, my good man, satire and far less incindiary than most of what I read here.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

He seems to be all square and no compass......very fascinating to watch nevertheless. Wonder if his lodge will knock him a few ranks for not putting a big enough handle on those seething powers of lucifer and the dynamo as Pike exclaims.

The Human Brain: Lizard or Reptilian Brain

Fixed action patterns or instinct
Contains the:
Amygdala: fear, anger, social attraction and sexual responses
Thalamus: integrates both internal and environmental stimuli
Hypothalamus: the four F�s : feeding, fighting, flighting, and fornicating
psychweb.syr.edu...

I tell ya,,,,Icke is onto something here. I see it in many Bush supporters...very very aggressive.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Dont hide behind your false satire Philpott. Say what you really feel. Only 4 or so warns then *boot*.

Now that your boy won, there is nothing left for you to do. Kerry is out of the picture and you'll need something else to lavish your uncontrollable hate on. I guess you now have the "political capital" to let the real Grady come forth. I truly believe that ATS makes your day, and after the short time you've been here it has become a crutch. Whatever will you do without it?

Pauve ti bete.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just started this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that doesn't work, name of it is:

Proof exit polls were right, at least in Florida!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
We should be PEACABLY protesting the idea that we are being called traitors!!! We should be PEACABLY protesting the idea that we all need mental health screening. We should be PEACABLY protesting for a better, more affordable healthcare system. We should be PEACABLY protesting for the end of incentives that encourage companies to move their production processes overseas. We should be PEACABLY protesting the outrageous debts that are being made in our names. We should be PEACABLY protesting the many attempts that are being made to undermine our constitution!! We should be PEACABLY protesting for our right to carry on as a species and for changes in our environmental standards. We should be PEACABLY protesting for a quick end to the wars.

Gee, if we were as organized as the christian coalition, we could be protesting a different issue every day for a month!!
What we need to do is do some research on how the far christian right has manged to gain so much control and well copy their plan....get interested and involved in local politics, start some really good talk shows, make a few thousand shady deals with the business sector, take back our local, state, and federal offices.....
Write a few hundred letters to our representatives.....who cares if the read them or not, if their mail system gets backlogged enough, I'm sure they will eventually open a few to find out why. I ran across a quote the other day, I can't remember who said it, but basically it was a warning from one of our founding fathers...a capatalistic society will eventually lead to a small portion of the population holding most of the resources, and when that happens, there will be a need for creative people to come forth to pave a way to a better why......do you really want those "creative people" to be hard line conservative republicans who seem to be unwilling to have any meaningful dialogue with those who we ( close to 50% of the population) send to represent our views simply because they don't agree with the views of the conservative. Write letters. If you have a son or daughter struggling, trying to find a way into a college, without beginning thier life hopelessly in debt....tell them and well also inform them of your doubt as to weather or not they will be albe to pay their fair share of that ever growing debt they insist on raking up in our name. If your son or daughter has stayed home from school simply because you had to wait till payday for the medicine they need to function, well, write and let them know, this is adversely effecting their earning potential. If they have been denied entry into military service due to "lack of medical records"(file clerks too lazy to go into their storage areas to look for them since well, you've declared bankruptcy on them and haven't seen them in ages)....write and ask them if once the draft starts, if their lack of records will be reason for them not to be eligible.
Write to your local radio and tv stations, mention stories you see poping up on the net....like servicemen writing home asking family members to hold fundraisers, ask them if it's true, and well, if so, why there is hardly any news coverage on it, since hey, if the community knew that our troops were in such dire need, we would probably get organized and be helping out. Or France indicting Chaney. OR, that a law appears to be passed requiring all of us to be psychologically evaluated and treated. OR that laws are up that change the balance of power outlined in the constitution. Write to ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and Fox, ask them to look into it and suggest they do a story on it, and well, let them know, you beleive that they are purposely overlooking some stories, unwilling to run them. And, well, if one of their competitors is brave enough to run with it and they aren't, you'll be watching their competitor from now on.
Why waste your time out in the cold marching?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If Kerry would have somehow won, who thinks Republicans would be in the streets protesting? Republicans do their "protesting" at the ballot box.

Schwartzenegger had it right, Democrats are losers. Poor losers.

Advice to protestors...Get a freaking job, you pathetic losers.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If Kerry would have somehow won, who thinks Republicans would be in the streets protesting? Republicans do their "protesting" at the ballot box.

Funny,I thought the anti-abortionist use bombs to blow up clinics. They are the Republican core now.You can't divorce one from the other.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4 Schwartzenegger had it right, Democrats are losers. Poor losers. Advice to protestors...Get a freaking job, you pathetic losers.
Please look up to the notice at the top of these pages:

You are viewing a thread in the "Political Conspiracies Forum" This forum is for the discussion of conspiracy and scandal topics as they related to political parties and politicians (example: voting fraud, Watergate, Iran Contra, etc.) without political "mud slinging" and name-calling. For discussion of politics in general, please use the Political Ideology Forum. Polite decorum will be enforced.
We're making an effort to better manage the inflamatory rhetoric of political discussion. Your comments have resulted in a warn. Please make an effort to better express your thoughts without blanket insults that may in-turn, inspire even worse responses. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
40-100 people? In cities with population in the MILLIONS? Ummm�excuse me while I try not to laugh. It is delusional in the extreme to think that these groups represent the viewpoint of a majority of the citizens of this country.

However, that being said I have no problem if they want to organize a protest. However, they ARE on public property, which requires they get a permit in advance. The reason for this is not to suppress the rights of any citizens but to ensure public resources are properly allocated.

We ALL have the right to be in those places, if your groups want to hold demonstrations then you need to notify the rest of us (i.e.: the general public). This means getting a permit. It�s not hard to obtain (I would imagine in cities like Portland and SF it�s going to be child�s play to get a permit to protest Bush.) and it�s the correct thing to do. Think of it like a parade. The Irish just don�t show up to have a parade every year in New York. They ask for permits and utilize public areas responsibly.

The police were just asking these protesters (�SORE LOSERS�) to disperse, go get a permit, and then return. They were using our common areas in a manner not consistent with the law / good sense.

Protest all you like but please follow the law, and common curtsey, when doing so!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I wonder who the real losers in this country are, open you eyes American (we) all losers when it comes to the political arena they will spin their agenda and we will remain the same.

Welcome to the (privilege) world of the few, and it is not you or I regardless fo political affiliations and choices

And by the way Mr. Bush won the elections but taken in consideration the votes for Kerry and the votes for (others) he did not got the majority in this nation and they will side with the ones that are not happy with our political process and the unresolved business in our nation, actually these people really care for America and the American people.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I'm against protesting...but I don't know how to show it

This is probably the first unified thing Americans have done since coming together after 9/11.

UPDATE : Wrong, I am totally wrong about the unification. These protest are just DIVIDING america. My bad.

THey are just dividing America??? America has been divided for years...
This isn't new, and these protester's didn't start division, political parties and ideologies have...

It's better this way... And also, nobody who is on the other sides will ever want to conform, their against it. Why change? This isn't the party of peace, so why would they want peaceful assembly with a non peaceful party??

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Now all poll volunteers go back to the poll centers, and lets do it one more time....((Do over)) ! Maybe the out come would be different or would it be the same? Could they possibly get more machines out there? So the wait isn't 4 hours long!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by magical communications
Now all poll volunteers go back to the poll centers, and lets do it one more time....((Do over)) ! Maybe the out come would be different or would it be the same? Could they possibly get more machines out there? So the wait isn't 4 hours long!

Are you implying that Kerry voters are more lazy than Bush voters?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

My, how on earth did they ever get to be American by your standards, and does it make you proud to know that you dislike your fellow countrymen so?

Obviously your not liking your own people, (hopefully none are rleated to you) explains your disdain for other nationalities.

gee, for some of us it was reall simple, really.....for me, well, my ancestor made an agreement with the king of england trading his freedom in exchange for free passage over to the new world for a set amount of time, which he spent as an endentured servant making hemp for his royal highness....then him and his son fought for their freedom from the english....then the was the french and indian war, the mexican wars, the civil wars, all the way down to the present time.....I've got ancestors, or relatives now, that are either serving in the service, or fought in these wars.....

It's a shame, all the blood, all the sweat, and all the sacrifice, could be up in smoke because of 8 years of an overzealous administration forcing their agenda down our throats!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
EDIT

[Edited on 8-11-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
In this case, the protest is against the democratic will of the majority. That puts it in a different league, one that smacks of intimidation.
no, i dont agree. They're protesting election fraud, which is rampant across the nation. This cannot be allowed.

So they are also protesting the electronic voting machines in Philadelphia that were stuffed with votes for Kerry? This will prove voter fraud on the Democrat side also.

A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join