The Protests Have Begun...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by antipigopolist
Maybe you've heard of the First Amendment?

...the right of the people peaceably to assemble.... [emphasis mine]

I emboldened the operative word for you.

[edit on 04/11/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It makes me sad when those in the minority THINK they are the majority, Democracy worked, get over it aleady. MOVE ON.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Democracy worked, get over it aleady. MOVE ON.

Naw! I think it's time for some bloodshed in the streets. There comes a time when the chaff must be separated from the wheat.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
1. You'd have to show that the degree of fraud was enough to change the election result.

No...you would only have to prove that a fraudulent act occured (addressed county by county). And this should be about that and nothing more. But the protests are more than likely motivated by their narrow sighted political belief rather than their moral belief.

Kill all two party system!

Power to the people!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It makes me sad when those in the minority THINK they are the majority, Democracy worked, get over it aleady. MOVE ON.

Why do you assume that democracy worked?

Because a map with little red dots told you so? Or maybe was it because you heard it on CNN or was it Fox news?

Democracy works when the people demand the truth. Can you sit here and honestly tell me what if John Kerry won, people would be protesting? Would the person that took his life at Ground-Zero still commit suicide?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Kill all two party system!
Power to the people!

I can't agree with you more.

I've been stressing this on nearly every post. The current american political is established to divide americans. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Democracy worked, get over it aleady. MOVE ON.

Naw! I think it's time for some bloodshed in the streets. There comes a time when the chaff must be separated from the wheat.

All hat no cattle.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye

3. How about doing something constructive, like fixing the mechanics of the voting system? Its not rocket science: institute a national, standardized voting methodology. Make people register in person and prove residency, instead of letting party workers make up the lists.

...and wreck the precious system thats already in place to favor the superpowers? And while this is being looked at and tinkered with, Bush will have served an additional 4 years? too late i would think.
For 4 years its been known that these black boxes could be hacked and no one, not one person within the government paid any attention.. I wonder why. The vote counters are large contributors and sympathizers of Bush...Yes, your idea is marvelous. It sounds like the obvious thing to do. It will never happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
All hat no cattle.

Hmmm. I get your metaphor, so how should I respond. No hat, plenty of cattle.

Hats? We don't need no stinkin' hats!
[img] www.abovetopsecret.com...(Medium).jpg[/img]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well, I'm another one that doesn't really believe in protesting....I personally don't think it really accomplishes anything.....I'm more of a organize, write, demand, talk to the public, radio, TV....anyone that will listen enough to start others thinking. That said....this is accomplishing something for them.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Maybe you've heard of the First Amendment?

...the right of the people peaceably to assemble.... [emphasis mine]

I emboldened the operative word for you.

As far as I can tell the protests mentioned WERE peaceful with one exception of a rock through a window, which is pathetic and should be dealt with accordingly. So don't try and paint it otherwise.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Protest all you want. I'll be protesting when he drives by to swear in again, but I live here so it's not too far.

But wait? The government is not allowed to use US soldiers as domestic police force actions.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

which is pathetic and should be dealt with accordingly.

ok take your pick, taser, assault rifle, hand gun, death gas, water hose, radiation blaster, tears gas, laughing gas, stun gun, sound blaster, or hell why not just a good ol fashion riot gear beat down! yeehaw!

[edit on 7-11-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

As far as I can tell the protests mentioned WERE peaceful with one exception of a rock through a window, which is pathetic and should be dealt with accordingly. So don't try and paint it otherwise.

Do these "protesters" have permits to parade. Some are lying down. Are they obstructing sidewalks or roadways?

Don't kid yourself, pig. These folks aren't interested in the rule of law. They are interested in the destruction of our society and the time has come to put a stop this this nonsense. The last time America stood by and let thugs take over our streets and campuses. This time it won't be so easy.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

These folks aren't interested in the rule of law. They are interested in the destruction of our society and the time has come to put a stop this this nonsense. The last time America stood by and let thugs take over our streets and campuses. This time it won't be so easy.

Dearest Grady,

#$#@ ^&% &*^ %^$# %^ &^ %&&$#^& *&%^$* *&@#$% *& #$@*& ^&%@ ^*($(( ^&*#

Boy that felt good!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
They needed a little time to organize. Glad to see people expressing their freedom in any way they please...until the white busses pull up and hauls them off to an unknown location, i imagine the talk on the internet of camps would be the perfect location for anyone who dares protest this election.

I see the used of the patriot act to declared anybody that protest a potencial terrorist in the "making" by the bushes administration when the protest become to many to be denied.

I love our freedom of speech to bad I am not in the DC area anymore to make my present know in one of these marches in Washington.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Good! The vermin are coming out of the woodwork. Hmmm. Let's see what's in the arsenal.

Do I understand your post correctly? You are willing to shoot and therefore kill any and all of the 49% of your voters, a mere 2% below your margin, in the name of denying them the right to be Americans and voice their opinions?

My, how on earth did they ever get to be American by your standards, and does it make you proud to know that you dislike your fellow countrymen so?

Obviously your not liking your own people, (hopefully none are rleated to you) explains your disdain for other nationalities.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I assume you are prepped?

"Gun Rack in my pickup...check
Confederate Flag...check
Chewin Tabacee...check
Bullets...check
Mullet freshly trimmed...check
Educated mind...errr....um....ah f' it"

On one hand you question whether the protesters had a legal permit (you don't need a permit to protest as afforded by the bill of rights) and then spew the crap quoted above. You truly are unbalanced.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Dearest Grady,

#$#@ ^&% &*^ %^$# %^ &^ %&&$#^& *&%^$* *&@#$% *& #$@*& ^&%@ ^*($(( ^&*#
Boy that felt good!

It works better when you put him on IGNORE right afterwards.

Also, if Liberals and Democrats really want to do something, they should boycott the mouth piece of the Republican party.

NewsCorp

Fox News, Fox Sports, Fox tv, Twentieth Century Fox. They pander to Liberals with the left hand and smack'em with the right. Support Air America and work with Al Gore for a Liberal news station. CNN just isn't enough.

Basically, do exactly what they did.

I will say this though, all of these people protesting are doing so in States that are clearly blue, except for Ohio. Why protest the cops and the government in the States where we won? They should organize efforts now, and continue over the course of 4 years, in battleground states. We'll never win Idaho. We'll never win Texas. But, we can win in New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Ohio, and Iowa.

Wait for the upcoming real estate bubble to burst, and go to the rural areas that are most hurt and start campaigning early. Jesus may save your soul, but he won't feed your kids. Also, city folk, don't spend your tourism dollars in the Red states. Let North and South Dakota starve. Let Montana survive on its industrial section. Go to Washington or Oregon instead. Enourage oil drilling in Alaska and Montana. Let the corporations ruin their states.

And lastly, infiltrate. Support moderate Republicans. Pro choice, pro gay rights, smaller government Republicans like Arlen Spector. A civil war has been brewing within the Republican party for a while, so support it 100%.
Support the libertarians, split the Republican vote like they tried to do with Nader.

Start early, Christmas is only four years away.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott Naw! I think it's time for some bloodshed in the streets. There comes a time when the chaff must be separated from the wheat.
I'd like to direct your gaze to the message at the top of this page of posts and ask that you consider the new intended tone of political discussionhere on ATS. In addition, the support of violence toward a political ideological group will not be tolerated. Thanks in advance for making the effort to moderate this type of rhetoric in the future.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join