It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protests Have Begun...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well how can you blame them?

When there is proof of even just one county with an additional 3,000 votes for a certain party and only 600 vote then something is wrong.

And this is just one example. There is no doubt that it is a stolen election and it will be proven. This is only the start of things to come.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well how can you blame them?

When there is proof of even just one county with an additional 3,000 votes for a certain party and only 600 vote then something is wrong.

And this is just one example. There is no doubt that it is a stolen election and it will be proven. This is only the start of things to come.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
what did that movie say?: "Im mad as hell, and i'm not going to take it anymore".

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I accept that lots of people may go out and participate in, say, a peace protest, an anti-nuclear protest, against air pollution or whatever. These are issue-oriented protests, and we can have lots of debate about their individual merits. Fair enough.

In this case, the protest is against the democratic will of the majority. That puts it in a different league, one that smacks of intimidation.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The fact is that Bush won this election because Karl Rove was able to turn out the evangelical electorate in astounding numbers. Unfortunately this particular group of voters chooses to cast their votes based on fear, intolerance and an unparalleled disillusionment with reality.

Bush won and we will have to live under his rule for the next four years. Do you think this means that progressive Americans are going to stop fighting for our own morals and ideals? Do you think we are going to let this ideological zealot undermine our own vision of America? This is just beginning of the protests that will plague this administration.

I think that any progressive American that would consider relocating because of the results of this election is doing our country and the world a serious disservice. This country is not headed in the right direction and bipartisanship is not the answer to anyones problems right now.

Congratulations to those who have already begun the fight. I will be joining it soon and should every other Democrat/Green/Libertarian/Independant/Moderate Republican. Thankfully, patriotism and hope are not dead yet.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
I accept that lots of people may go out and participate in, say, a peace protest, an anti-nuclear protest, against air pollution or whatever. These are issue-oriented protests, and we can have lots of debate about their individual merits. Fair enough.

In this case, the protest is against the democratic will of the majority. That puts it in a different league, one that smacks of intimidation.
no, i dont agree. They're protesting election fraud, which is rampant across the nation. This cannot be allowed.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Did this happen last election? I hope it never stops and Bush gets taken away for war crimes... clearly the US didnt want bush back in office... well the majority... he shouldnt have won... he didnt legally

wouldnt you think that after the last election with BUSH and all the odd things that happened, that this year if anything "funny" went on they should look into it indefinitely and put the criminals to rest?

VIVA LA RESITANCE!

[edit on 7-11-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Already we have protests... amazing.

In time the facts will show the truth.. Or maybe not.

Mandate or no, Bush is ready to go!

Too late for protests?..... I hope we can get to the truth so everyone can once again have faith in a fair election.

This leaves me feeling ill... I don't know why but I can't stand seeing our nation so divided.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Who cares about voting when you can riot in the streets?

Corrupt crony capitalist criminals can't care concerning counting correctly.

This doesn't look like it is going away any time soon.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Good! The vermin are coming out of the woodwork. Hmmm. Let's see what's in the arsenal.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
This leaves me feeling ill... I don't know why but I can't stand seeing our nation so divided.

Personally, I would rather see decent people like you ill for a time and motivated to act, instead of in the mode of apathy that decent people like you may have been in recently.

Protest marches are peaceful, non-violent means of bringing awareness to an obvious problem and resolving it. If they are greeted with violence, then that is a flaw in the state that promulgated the violence.

The USA should not be China, there should be no red square massacres, and the media should cover exactly what is happening as it happens.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
in the new looks like a young man too his life over the bush election. here is the news site.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/g round_zero_suicide

[edit on 7-11-2004 by flukemol]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Well technically Bush hasn't won the election yet.

And don't forget the electoral college. Mavericks have emerged before. Maybe it's time for a good old reign of terror in the US of A. This is where the rednecks will shine.

[edit on 04/11/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Good! The vermin are coming out of the woodwork. Hmmm. Let's see what's in the arsenal.

Do you want to shoot the ones practicing the ideals and principles you fought for? You know, all of that freedom jazz.

Or are you talking about Adrian Mutu?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Well technically Bush hasn't won the election yet.

And don't forget the electoral college.

Technically he hasn't won that yet either.

It convenes in mid-december after the 4 week vote counting deadline expires. The game is still very much afoot.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Do you want to shoot the ones practicing the ideals and principles you fought for? You know, all of that freedom jazz.

The tactics employed by these thugs is patently illegal and has nothing to do with rights, but I wouldn't expect everyone to have the intellectual skills to figure that out.

[edit on 04/11/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The game is still very much afoot.

That was my point.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Who cares about voting when you can riot in the streets?

Maybe you've heard of the First Amendment?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

no, i dont agree. They're protesting election fraud, which is rampant across the nation. This cannot be allowed.

I would imagine that there has been some level of electoral fraud in every election, but now people are really focussing on it because this one was hotly contested. But there are some problems the "protestors" blindly ignore:

1. You'd have to show that the degree of fraud was enough to change the election result. This simply isn't borne out by any numbers I've seen. To the extent there is any, its usually very limited due to some misguided and overzealous partisan.

2. You'd have to ignore that there can be fraud on both sides. Let's recall the huge number of apparently phony voter registrations in Ohio - this by the Democrats.

3. How about doing something constructive, like fixing the mechanics of the voting system? Its not rocket science: institute a national, standardized voting methodology. Make people register in person and prove residency, instead of letting party workers make up the lists.

I believe its precocious mis-direction to say the protests are about "vote fraud". Its really about some people refusing to accept the will of the majority, believing in their ideological rightousness that only their opinions count. These are the real zealots.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Listen, protesting in the streets is one thing. Going to ground zero and shooting yourself in the face is entirely another. I don't care how pissed you are that Bush won the election, but to commit suicide over it? That is downright ridiculous. I feel bad for that guy, not because he killed himself, but because he was obviously wacked if he let something like Bush being reelected be the trigger that sets off his suicide. Come on people, we need to get real.

Protest all you want, but please don't kill yourself over this nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join