It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is that "the christian god"?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Religion is about ego, truth is none of you know what version
of what religion is the right one, which god is the right one,
how to be so called saved, religion is more about catering to
peoples ego than it is about doing good or bad, its more
about patting yourself on the back for being blindly obedient
to a religion that claims its deity kills for his believers emotions,
like when the bible claims a moral god murdered children
because they mocked a man, yeah that's just morality as
pure as the driven snow there...... religion is meant to cater
to the human ego, its not meant to teach morality, just read
those books people, the answers are there and they aren't
moral or peaceful.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Reading the bible was a lot just about acknowledgment of what was already inside me, and of what I didn't find out already it gave me a good perspective. Still, reading the bible, one still has a choice as to what one wants to believe of it. But things in life may prove that what is in the bible is true.

I think the term religion has been taken for dogma. It is to mirror dogma on oneself as to find out what is true about it. Being religious = living a life inspired by a deity?

As I think the bible to be written with spirit, growing up with spirit one has learned the same values and truth as it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thx for the star on my previous post, it's one I highly appreciate, 'secret admirer'.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Originally posted by Angle
But things in life may prove that what is in the bible is true.

That has been my own personal experience.

I no longer believe it, I KNOW it.

So will everyone else.

Being religious = living a life inspired by a deity?

When I think of the word religion, I think of hate, murder, and lies.

ALL pagan religions are controlled by Satan!

It doesn’t matter if you worship Pan, Krishna, Diana, or Thor; the face behind the mask of your god is Satan’s.

It's that simple.

There are only TWO religious systems in the world.

Satan controls one.

The other owes its allegiance only to Jesus.

Jesus OPPOSED religion and religious people hated Him.

Jesus and religion are on totally opposite spectrum's,

What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion
What if I told you voting republican really wasn’t his mission
What if I told you republican doesn’t automatically mean Christian
And just because you call some people blind
Doesn’t automatically give you vision

"Bethke’s opening line: “Jesus came to abolish religion.” That’s the whole point of the poem. The argument—and most poems are arguing for something—rests on the sharp distinction between religion on one side and Jesus on the other. Whether this argument is fair depends on your definition of religion. Bethke sees religion as a man made attempt to earn God’s favor. Religion equals self-righteousness, moral preening, and hypocrisy. Religion is all law and no gospel. If that’s religion, then Jesus is certainly against it."

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

There are only TWO religious systems in the world.

Satan controls one.

The other owes its allegiance only to Jesus.

Jesus OPPOSED religion and religious people hated Him.

Jesus and religion are on totally opposite spectrum's,

Murgatroid, I think you confuse people when you mention the word "religion".

You say that there are two religious systems in which one owes it's allegiance only to Jesus, but then you make it sound like Jesus hates the fact that allegiance is given to him, because it's religious.

It sounds contradictory to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It is a common misconception that the god of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all the same god. However, the god of Christianity and Judaism (YHWH, also known as Yahweh) is the same as both Christians and Jews share the Old Testament as a holy work inspired by God, but the god of Islam (Allah) is different as is evident if you look at their holy texts. In the Qur'an Surah 61:8 states: "They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it." This shows that Allah's light is not perfect. In the Bible, however, YHWH is perfect as is shown in Psalm 18:30, "As for God, his way is perfect: YHWH's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in Him." Surah 3:54 says, But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers." Titus 1:2 says, "This truth gives them confidence that they have eternal life, which God--who does not lie--promised them before the world began." This shows that Allah is a deceiver while YHWH is not as he cannot lie. Islam also believes that Jesus was simply another prophet and that Muhammad is the ultimate prophet. Muslims are still waiting for their messiah. You may think the idea that Jesus being the Messiah is a minor detail and is the only thing that separates Christianity from Islam (which is not the only thing that seperates these two religions as is shown here), but this is the complete bases of Christianity and if you take that fact away you now have a completely different religion. Allah is also an unknowable god while YHWH is very personal, as He makes covenants with people and countries. Muslims also believe that Jews and Christians have corrupted the Old and New Testaments of the Hebrew and Christian Bible. As you can now clearly see the god of Christianity and Judaism is completely different from the god of Islam and with the facts presented here it is completely ridiculous to say that they are all the same god.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyler133

Islam also believes that Jesus was simply another prophet and that Muhammad is the ultimate prophet. Muslims are still waiting for their messiah.

Didn't you know? Muslims say that Jesus is their Messiah too. They claim that Jesus is the one who kills the Anti-Christ, but they say he's doing it for Allah, and that the Mahdi is coming to help Jesus. After Jesus kills the Anti-Christ, he'll live a human life here on earth for 40 years and then he'll die and will be buried next to Muhammad.

They believe that Jesus never died, so he has to return and finish out his life here.

Funny how Muhammad isn't the one who comes back to save the day for them and amusing that they think that Jesus needs to come back and die after he's apparently escaped death for almost two thousand years now.

edit on 19-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Originally posted by Deetermined
Murgatroid, I think you confuse people when you mention the word "religion".

I wonder if we are talking about two different things?

Perhaps semantics are the reason for the confusion...

I suspect that the word "religion" has an entirely different meaning for everyone.

The root meaning for the word "religion" (from the original Latin) means to "reconnect with God".

The agenda behind false religion is to keep you disconnected from God.

Jesus and religion are opposed because they do the exact opposite.

The quote in my sig talks about this as well.

“Religion, from religare, signifies to tie or bind, because by true religion the soul is tied or bound, as it were, to God and His service.”

Museum of Antiquity A Description of Ancient Life

“The word religion comes from the word "religare" -- to bind fast, to connect.”
religare - definition and meaning

"...the etymological root of religion is the Latin religare - which means 'to tie, to fasten, to bind' "

GreenCine Daily: SFIFF, 4/27

The derivation of the word religion has been a matter of dispute from ancient times.

Religion, from Latin 'religare' meaning 'to bind', describes our connection to God as the One thing which exists.

Lactantius derives religion from religare (to bind): We are tied to God and bound to Him [religati] by the bond of piety, and it is from this, and not, as Cicero holds, from careful consideration [relegendo], that religion has received its name. (Lactantius)

St. Augustine himself was not satisfied with it, for in his 'Retractions', I, xiii, he abandoned it in favour of the derivation given by Lactantius. He employs the latter meaning in his treatise 'On the True Religion', where he says: 'Religion binds us [religat] to the one Almighty God.' (St Augustine)

Overview: Philosophy of Religion

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler133
It is a common misconception that the god of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all the same god. However, ...

As you can now clearly see the god of Christianity and Judaism is completely different from the god of Islam and with the facts presented here it is completely ridiculous to say that they are all the same god.

I have this to say to you:

Rise above! There is only one God. And the way you presented your facts makes them useless. It does not prove what you state.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I suspect that the word "religion" has an entirely different meaning for everyone.

I think you're right.

I'm pretty sure the average Joe would consider the term, "Christianity", as being a religion.

Now, I know we both don't agree with everything that some of the "Christian" churches do based on what sect it is, but isn't there a way of stating that without throwing out religion altogether?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler133
It is a common misconception that the god of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all the same god. However, ...

As you can now clearly see the god of Christianity and Judaism is completely different from the god of Islam and with the facts presented here it is completely ridiculous to say that they are all the same god.

I have this to say to you:

Rise above! There is only one God. And the way you presented your facts makes them useless. It does not prove what you state.

I don't really know what you are talking about but I believe there is only one Elohim, (God) YHWH. I guess you would call me a Christian but I prefer to by called a follower of The Way as that is what people who believed in Yahshua (Jesus) called themselves back in the time of the Renewed Covenant (New Testament). Christian means "Little Messiah" and I know I am definitely not a "Little Messiah". Elohim is God in Hebrew and refers to the Father, Son, Ruah ha'Qodesh (Holy Spirit). Yahshua is the real name of Jesus, Jesus actual means "hail Zeus". I am using Hebrew words rather than the pagan words as they deliver a clearer meaning. If you want to learn more about Hebrew and the correct names I would look up Hebrew names and words in the Scripture (Bible) on YouTube and Google. I recommend WatchAlan on YouTube he has many good teachings on this sort of thing and others. The HalleluYah Scriptures is, I believe, the best English translation of the Scriptures as it replaces pagan words and just is a good translation by itself. I would check that out too. Google it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyler133

I think you are doing a great job Tyler133. You seemed very honest and respectfull.

Very well done Tyler

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

1. Fact: God is god, and God adressed often in the Bible, is God adressed in the Qu'ran.

Considering that the Bible teaches that Jesus is God, it's not the same as the Qu'ran because it teaches that Jesus was just a man and a prophet who is not God, so how can it be the same God?

It can't. But ofcourse the Quran didn't come from Muhammad, it's just regurgitated doctrine from the Valentinian heresy, something Arius was familiarized with, whom had a rather large following in the Arab communities. Arius didn't like being defeated at Nicea, his revenge was sewing the seeds of Islam, that would later find a certain Quraysh fanatic.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

1. Fact: God is god, and God adressed often in the Bible, is God adressed in the Qu'ran.

Considering that the Bible teaches that Jesus is God, it's not the same as the Qu'ran because it teaches that Jesus was just a man and a prophet who is not God, so how can it be the same God?

It can't. But ofcourse the Quran didn't come from Muhammad, it's just regurgitated doctrine from the Valentinian heresy, something Arius was familiarized with, whom had a rather large following in the Arab communities. Arius didn't like being defeated at Nicea, his revenge was sewing the seeds of Islam, that would later find a certain Quraysh fanatic.

your whole assumptions and reasonings rest on one assumption that you think is true and that it, "paul was really truthful!!"

coming to a simple conclusion of One God does not require any holy book or prophet!
It also makes more sense than any other doctrine of multiple gods/godheads etc.

You are at least partially True, yes, Qur'an did not come from Muhammad pbuh, It came from God, just like revealations before it.

If paul was a liar which he was and its not just muslims who know him for what he really was, then Islam makes the most sense as a real representative of the faith that God wants.
One God, Keep the Law, dood good deeds and obey the prophet of the time.
Simple. No?

Many christians believe that Jesus pbuh was a good man with a message and would be happy to acknowledge him as a prophet, whereas acknowledging him as god?? Not that appealing to most!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Logical7, knowing what you know, based on the comparisons, what really led you to Islam? It has to be something other than logic.

Did someone you know get you involved? Were you practicing something else before you converted?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Logical7, knowing what you know, based on the comparisons, what really led you to Islam? It has to be something other than logic.

Did someone you know get you involved? Were you practicing something else before you converted?

i was born in a muslim family but didnt really learn much other than the culture and traditions till i was 15-16. I sort of worshipped science till that time.
Then i read the Qur'an and it changed my thinking, it all made sense and it is completely logical. Listening to Qur'an would make me restless and uncomfortable and reading the Qur'an offended me till it hit me that its because i don't want to acknowledge God above me, i did not consider anyone above ME! as soon as i realised that, i started to feel different about Qur'an and now i love listening and reading it.
You should try it because if its true then you better know what it has to say and yes from personal experience, you have to approach Qur'an with humility and awareness that we are not the one with Supreme Intelligence.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Thanks! I was just curious and wanted to understand where you were coming from!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The root meaning for the word "religion" (from the original Latin) means to "reconnect with God".
You seem to have fallen into the fallacy of thinking that the prefix, "re", always means to do something again.
In the Middle English, and the Old French where modern english gets a lot of its words, the "re" prefix meant to do something thoroughly, and in the case of the word "religion", it means to bind tightly.

I have to agree with Dee on this one, that your rhetoric seems contradictory and you need to work on your definitions.

Having a religion as your god is I think the mistake of the Muslim religion, so that Islam itself becomes its idol.

Jesus resisted the worship of man made rules and the loss of spirituality in his day. He did not condemn religion itself, just the futile sort.
edit on 20-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Having a religion as your god is I think the mistake of the Muslim religion, so that Islam itself becomes its idol.

its not a Muslim mistake, a religion should teach spirituality(knowledge of God) and it should teach good behaviour(moral code/laws)

When Jesus pbuh came to the jews, they followed the law but forgot spirituality so he stressed on what they "lacked" and not on what they already were doing good enough.

Christianity completely removed the law and stressed on spirituality thinking thats what Jesus pbuh wanted.

Islam came with both spirituality and the law to create a balance and to guide people in both these dimensions. Muslims don't worship "Islam", they just know that Islam cannot be practiced in part otherwise they would be repeating the mistakes jews and christians made before.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Originally posted by jmdewey60
I have to agree with Dee on this one, that your rhetoric seems contradictory and you need to work on your definitions.

Your religion seems contradictory to ME, touche...

Considering the source, I'm not at all surprised:

Originally posted by jmdewey60
"People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell"

FYI, Dee actually agreed with me:

I think you're right.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join