It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is that "the christian god"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Jesus was the son of god, or that was my understanding.

The Bible says that the Son is in the Father, they are not separate from one another. That is one of the biggest mysteries in the Bible that a lot of people don't understand based on the language that Jesus used to decipher his true followers from his not so true followers. The ones that knew God would recognize Jesus and vice versa. However, a lot of people, including the Jews themselves, reject that notion.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The word for kill in Hebrew is "רצח", which literally means "to murder" and is always used to correspond to the shedding of innocent blood, not every instance of killing.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

So, it's okay to shed non-innocent blood? Who's left after that carnage?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Jesus was the son of god, or that was my understanding.

The Bible says that the Son is in the Father, they are not separate from one another. That is one of the biggest mysteries in the Bible that a lot of people don't understand based on the language that Jesus used to decipher his true followers from his not so true followers. The ones that knew God would recognize Jesus and vice versa. However, a lot of people, including the Jews themselves, reject that notion.

Ok, but the son is not the Father, right?
I, too, am physically myself and not the body of my biological father too right, just as a comparison.

Applause for FollowTheWhiteRabbit

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I, too, am physically myself and not the body of my biological father too right, just as a comparison.

This is where people have a hard time understanding because Jesus wasn't your typical son or human, he came from something much bigger.

God is made up of three, yet they are still one.

God = Father, Son, Holy Spirit

1 John 5:7

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father (God), the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Are you suggesting that God should be a physical being as you are ?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
So, HA HA HA, there are people around here, who claim being "christians" and having a "christian god".

1. Fact: God is god, and God adressed often in the Bible, is God adressed in the Qu'ran.

moeHA HA HA; then you have these same ones, 'christians', spouting... your "islamic" god blablablabla all nonsense about it, my "christian god" is so much better.

MKAY

The bible as well as the Qu'ran both say there is only one god, mainly God.

I'll be on my guard..

I completely agree with you. There is just One God. The Creator of All that exists! It would be ridiculous to claim that two or more gods created the universe, it was Created by the One God. People may have their own interpretations about That God or associate partners with God but the Truth remains the Truth!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Angle

This is where people have a hard time understanding because Jesus wasn't your typical son or human, he came from something much bigger.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father (God), the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

its a fabrication!!

thirty two biblical scholars
backed by fifty cooperating Christian
denominations got together to
compile the Revised Standard Version
of the Bible based upon the most ancient Biblical manuscripts available
to them today, they made some very
extensive changes. Among these
changes was the unceremonious
discardal of the verse of 1 John 5:7 as
the fabricated insertion that it is.
For more on the compilation of the RSV
Bible, please read the preface of any
modern copy of that Bible.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

WE are all now children of God, Jew and Gentile both. Therefore, it isn't just Israel under God's judgement, it's every single one of us.

how pathetic logic!!
Yes jews were punished because they did things that deserved God's wrath.
What the gentiles did?? How can God just be angry at anyone before sending them their own prophet and giving them a fair chance to acknowledge God and obey Him?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

If you think that's the only verse in the Bible that points to Jesus being God, you're sadly mistaken and you've never read the Bible.

Even the Old Testament shows that Jesus is God, it's just that he was going by other names other than Jesus at the time. Even the one who spoke to Moses from the burning bush was Jesus. God used the Word (Jesus) to speak to everyone back then. Jesus is the one that spoke everything into existence and created the heavens and the earth. Without Jesus, nothing would "consist" in the physical world and everything that existed would have remained spiritual and invisible.

Colossians 1:12-17

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Provide contradictions and I would happily shoot them down for you.

just tell me the exact last words of Jesus pbuh on the cross.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Logical7, you already know the answer to this one.

Jesus quoted the first verse of Psalm 22.

If you read the entire chapter you'll find the whole story behind Jesus and his death as well as the reason he was here in the first place.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Remember what else Jesus said...

Luke 24:44

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

That's exactly what happened. The rest of the prophecy has yet to be fulfilled and won't happen until the time of the gentiles is fulfilled.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Even the Old Testament shows that Jesus is God, it's just that he was going by other names other than Jesus at the time. Even the one who spoke to Moses from the burning bush was Jesus. God used the Word (Jesus) to speak to everyone back then. Jesus is the one that spoke everything into existence and created the heavens and the earth. Without Jesus, nothing would "consist" in the physical world and everything that existed would have remained spiritual and invisible.

you say it and i will believe it?? Not going to happen!
Jesus pbuh made the Heaven and Earth?

he talked to Moses pbuh
i mean seriously?? Sorry but its ridiculous. Its all being said after a theology already came into existence. Its going back to reinterpret OT to provide support for a theology. Many times its so weak and hanging completely by a supposition.
I would like you to show me something that proves your high claims!!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Logical, I'm not going to have this discussion with you again, because I know you've heard it all before and refuse to listen to it based on your own Islamic beliefs.

The truth of the matter is, even during the time of Jesus, the Old Testament scriptures had already been written and Jesus continually told them to read the scriptures to know what was happening and what was going to happen.

Jesus himself quoted from 24 books of the Old Testament and told everyone that he also came to fulfill those scriptures.

Now, you don't have to believe it, and I don't expect you to, but I thought that even the Qu'ran told you to listen to and respect the Old Testament prophets, which none of you ever do.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Logical7, you already know the answer to this one.

Jesus quoted the first verse of Psalm 22.

If you read the entire chapter you'll find the whole story behind Jesus and his death as well as the reason he was here in the first place.

i thought he said, "Its Finished" as in gospel of John or is it an evolved gospel already perfecting a theology of him coming as a Saviour and so obviously saying "mission accomplished"!!
Did he really say it or words are being put in his mouth after he ascended and cannot really do anything about who preaches what in his name as paul did and what is written down as being quoted by him!!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Believe what you want, but if you read the Old Testament thoroughly, you'll see where God came to his people with different names and they had to be continually reminded that their God was the same God. Do a Google search for "the many names of God".

Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Jesus didn't have the same name in the Old Testament that he did in the New Testament, but you can tell by all of the Old Testament scriptures that he fulfilled pointed to him being the God that they did not recognize from the time of their fathers (such as Abraham).

Now if you want to go off the deep end and say that Jesus didn't say what he said and that a bunch of people just made it all up based on trying to fulfill the Old Testament prophecies themselves, then you just shot down your own self-proclaimed Messiah as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One day we'll all get together and laugh when we finally admit that Gods are merely metaphors for the universe and how little we understand about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The truth of the matter is, even during the time of Jesus, the Old Testament scriptures had already been written and Jesus continually told them to read the scriptures to know what was happening and what was going to happen.

do you read it to know what really happened?
If you remember talk between the devil and Jesus pbuh,
the devil tells him to jump and the angels will not let him get hurt a bit and Jesus pbuh refuses to tempt/test God like that.
So now if OT has in it that Jesus pbuh will be saved so much so that even his heel wouldn't be bruised then how do you explain the claim that he was beaten up and torturted, did OT fail in that prophecy or it didnt and Jesus pbuh got saved like Islam and Qur'an says.

4:157 That they
said (in
boast), "We
killed Christ
Jesus the
son of Mary, the
Messenger
of Allah";-
but they
killed him
not, nor crucified
him, but so it
was made to
appear to
them, and
those who differ
therein are
full of
doubts, with
no (certain)
knowledge, but only
conjecture
to follow, for
of a surety
they killed
him not:-

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Angle

I find that to be bull.

God is love, spirit and light. God = Father is correct (to my understanding), ok, as Jesus was in the Father, how can He be the Father, btw, someone made this clear earlier in the thread with a good example. Also, Jesus prayed to the Father, etc. Jesus is not God. As a chair fits the table, this unity is used for eating, but the chair is not the table, the Son is not the Father.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join