It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Greys aren't real, where did the idea of them come from?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Explain to me how alien abductions and round shaped fast flying ufo's in the sky would be similar to one man's experience in Peru and another man's experience India without it being real? and also the difference between one story that happened 30 years ago and the other story that happened 120 years ago? just remember that this about personal experiences, family experiences NOT PERSONAL BELIEFS
and remember they didnt have internet back then

I can see your point about God,
but i dont see your point about one's own personal experience with these flying objects?
edit on 19-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I have not seen that book ill take a read myself seems interesting, thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

could be i've never heard of these guys before

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thought id add this, Its modern, yet before the UFO craze of the 50's and 60's

The 1919 drawing of the deity "Lam" which Aleister Crowley claimed to be in contact with (his drawing as well):

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

I suppose Zeus and Mt. Olympus are real as well ....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I have not seen that book ill take a read myself seems interesting, thanks

Yep! I'm sure you'll like it!

In Wonders in the Sky, respected researchers Jacques Vallee and Chris Aubeck examine more than 500 selected reports of sightings from biblical-age antiquity through the year 1879-

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherStacks
I would say the idea came from unfortunate souls born with developmental disorders. If you look up progeria, there is a strong correlation between the descriptions of greys and the features of the condition. Kind of like how the origin of the cyclops myths may have been inspired by holoprosencephaly.

Another reason for the cyclops giant myth may have been this.

An elephant skull.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I bring you,,,,,, dum dum dum,,,,, the Mekon!

www.dandare.org.uk...

Green but big headed and little bodied,

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Where are those located?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
What's the earliest example in fiction of a "Grey" alien? If alien contacteeship isn't a real phenomenon, it was either made up or the Grey represents some of uncanny-valley sort of warp of the human face that's embossed into our brains.

If The Incredible Hulk isn't real...WHERE DID THEY GET THE IDEA FOR A GIANT GREEN DUDE WITH MUSCLES??? RIDDLE ME THAT? OBVIOUSLY HE'S REAL!!!!

I kid. ...but yo get the idea. The human subconscious mind. A gray, emotionless unsympathetic being with big scary eyes that is superior to humans and like to abuse, abduct and scare people. I think its obvious what that stems from.
edit on 19-6-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamOckham

If The Incredible Hulk isn't real...WHERE DID THEY GET THE IDEA FOR A GIANT GREEN DUDE WITH MUSCLES??? RIDDLE ME THAT?

Ah... Lou Ferrigno? Duh.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Often the collective unconscious seems to get ideas of the future that are out there. The story of the titanic before it happened, jules vern. This guy probably access the creative source to describe a real species of aliens and he doesn't even know it…

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
fear causes denial for some cannot accept the truth for what it is ad that is "many are not alone" here on EA*

"The Greys" as people call them are very real...they do exist...some people choose to believe...others don't...people do get afraid...so they choose to deny the truth of beings from other planets.

There is a whole universe out there...with other life forms, solar systems and galaxies that we don't even know about yet; but they are there.

Planet earth with it's life forms is not the only planet with beings on it; there are many others.

Again...a whole universe was created with various beings...not just earth and its inhabitants.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
A fun little article exploring where we might get this alien grey imagery imprint from may be read here:
Close Encounters of the Facial Kind
This describes our earliest images of a human face as babies, the hard-wired facial recognition we're built with, and how these may be contributing factors in these space alien contact experiences.

The Dropa stones, I see, were mentioned?
Why?
They've been proven a fabrication long time ago.
Dropa Stones
The Dropa stones were and are just a fabricated story.

Interesting study. Not something I've ever considered. My personal experiences do not involve actually seeing greys, but the general theme fits both the classic nocturnal Alien encounter scenario and hallucinatory sleep paralysis. Since HSP is an actual neurological condition that can be studied first hand, I'm going with that. There was a study done by Stanley Koren using an apparatus some call the "God Helmet" which produced similar effects with direct magnetic stimulation of the brain.

I recall about 12 years ago there was a piece on Rense that attempted to link the Stubbs STS 75 footage to the Dropa stones based only on the similarity of shape [round with a central hole] between the "saucers" and what are said to be Dropa stones in a photograph. Back then I couldn't find any reference to the alleged archaeological professor Tsum Um Nui or alleged discoverer Chi Pu Tei outside of fringe blogs or UFO enthusiast sites.

So I wrote Rense and asked how such a tenuous link could be drawn between an unverifiable legend and an unprovable interpretation of a NASA video. He basically replied "hey, I didn't write it.". So the editor knew it was BS and posted the story anyway. My bad, I guess... I was treating it as an alternative news site and not a conspiracy theory blog. I wasn't in the market for a belief system then nor am I now.
edit on 20-6-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
if I remember correctly, they both had a high school level communication, Barney Hill even less (this was the 60's, segregation, so the average man of color didn't have the best education),

Barney Hill went to Temple University, was a member of the NAACP and was on the local board of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission.

I'm not commenting one way or another on the greys, just pointing out that you need to be careful about generalizations like this.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I believe we must update our definition of what is 'real' before we can understand the greys.

Over the coming decades, the distinction between the real and the virtual will become increasingly blurred. Right now we have 'real' things like cars and buildings and lifeforms, and we have 'virtual' things like software and websites and digital media. We currently have a strong sense of what is 'real' and what is 'virtual'. That is all about to change.

When your computer screen becomes a holographic projection, and peripherals allow for tactile feedback, then you can feel 'virtual' objects with your hands. We will build software by picking up virtual objects and plugging them together. Maybe we can pause a movie and pan the camera around, then reach in and interact with the movie. The Internet may become a realistic 3D world you can fly around like Superman.

At the same time, 'real' objects will become increasingly nano-technological. We will program real objects like we currently program software. Some real objects will become wholly or partly holographic projections, maybe with simulated mass and tactile surfaces.

Moving on to lifeforms, we currently have a basic dichotomy. A lifeform is either human, or some kind of animal. Lifeforms evolve to become a tree of different species, according to various forms of selection. There's also domestication, where we have bred animals to become docile for pets or cattle.

But the idea of a 'real' lifeform is about to change. Genetic engineering will give rise to lifeforms that perform a function, like cleaning up oil spills, and the distinction between a lifeform and nano-technology will become increasingly blurred.

These nano-bots will eventually be designed to self-replicate, with both inheritance and mutation to improve themselves. At what point do they become real lifeforms, as real as any other animal.

And we have to look at consciousness too. Currently we perceive a 'real' person as intuitive, inventive and challenging. What happens when AI software begins to invent things, and challenge things, and develops a personality. We already say 'Google is your friend'.

Google themselves are now developing the next generation of personal search engines, with the ambition of finding things before you even know you are looking for them. Eventually AI software will become almost indistinguishable from 'real' conscious humans.

With all that in mind, what can we really say about the greys from a rational perspective:

* They apparently reflect and/or produce light so people can see them and describe their appearance.

* They are able to physically take hold of people and they are solid when people touch them.

* They appear to freely walk and move around like regular lifeforms, giving the appearance of some free will.

* They do not speak, moreover nobody has ever reported these entities making a single audible sound.

* Some witnesses feel that they speak to them telepathically, with voices or images in the mind of the witness.

* They appear to have no real diversity in appearance. Some witnesses report tall greys and short greys, but no fat greys or hairy greys. They are extremely homogenous, all looking pretty much the same.

* They apparently have no personal effects like clothes and accessories.

* They apparently have no sex or gender and, according to a few sources, have no means of natural reproduction.

I would be happy to believe that greys are people like us from another world, because that would make the whole thing easier to understand, however the evidence seems to indicate that these entities occupy a grey area between the real and the artificial.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wemadetheworld

That's one hell of a top posting there. We are only just awakening to the possibilities of the manipulation of our reality.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i believe the clincher was closes encounters of the 3rd kind, that put a face on the aliens for americans that every one could agree on, before that you had mostly human looking aliens who were from places like venus and had lots of contact taking people to there planet, having relationships ect ect....the 50s were more interesting a lot more like the sci fi of the time giants, floating brains,hairy monsters, little green men.....there was no accepted baseline so the crazier the better

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

The is a stage in human fetal development where the soon to be person resembles a grey alien. There must have been millions of aborted pregnancy's where soon to be humans are at this stage and viewed.
That was my perspective for most of my life.
In the 1970's I belonged to a local astronomy club. We viewed from 4200" above the area east of los Angeles. back then less populated and dark. We even had a 30" telescope we brought up there from Harvey Mud college.

None of us had ever seen a UFO in 1000's of hours under dark sky's on moonless nights

Now thru stuff I have read I am a believer

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This news story may be the second appearance of the "grays":
Loco Man Took Trip in Space 2/25/1968

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join