It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Greys aren't real, where did the idea of them come from?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy21
reply to post by Box of Rain

I see what your saying, the pdf was from a website called alienexistence.com, I found it on the Onion browser...

You realize that The Onion is a satirical "news" website, yes?

Son of a...
You know, it makes sense now.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
if the flying spagetti monster is not real , where did the idea come from ?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

By onion I mean the TOR network. Another example of underground base is Edwards air force base. The base is under the massive salt lake next to the runway, and right before the lake is an entrance, which is visible using google earth.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

That's a very long and complicated question.
But we as a people have always had our boogie men.

For the longest time it was angels & demons.
Then fairy creatures.
And now we have aliens.

I think it's just the human way to explain what we don't understand.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The image and wax figure statue of a Troodon dinosauroid humanoid comes to mind...with the picture of the statue published in Life magazine, many years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/troodon

"If it had not perished over 65 million years ago --- suggesting that it could have evolved into intelligent beings --- similar in body plan to humans."

For a typical earth type planet in our universe...it makes alot of sense that if the warm- blooded dinosaurs escaped extinction, the dinosauroid humanoids would be one of the first species to achieve interstellar travel. I would tend to say that the would be a species of the three fingered/three toed variety; along with an extraordinary brain capacity.

My own photographical evidence of such a being [that I'm not willing to divulge at this time], suggests that it is one of the major space alien humanoid species that visit our planet.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 18-6-2013 by Erno86 because: spelling, can't get link to work

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy21

By onion I mean the TOR network. Another example of underground base is Edwards air force base. The base is under the massive salt lake next to the runway, and right before the lake is an entrance, which is visible using google earth.

By onion i mean the news channel. Which I think is a better source than the TOR network

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It may be worth mentioning that space alien contact experiences can be replicated in the lab, entirely without the aid of aliens.
This would indicate the bulk of experiences being entirely subjective, psychological and internal in nature.

A fun little article exploring where we might get this alien grey imagery imprint from may be read here:
Close Encounters of the Facial Kind
This describes our earliest images of a human face as babies, the hard-wired facial recognition we're built with, and how these may be contributing factors in these space alien contact experiences.

The Dropa stones, I see, were mentioned?
Why?
They've been proven a fabrication long time ago.
Dropa Stones
The Dropa stones were and are just a fabricated story.

None of this is to say there's no such thing as Grey Aliens.
On the other hand, should one care to challenge their belief in something there's no proof or confirming evidence for and begin to dig around in psychological literature, one may find that studies near overwhelmingly indicate a strong likelihood for space alien contact experiences to be the product of internal subjective psychological phenomenon.

It's not an answer many like to hear, but, often enough, it's the case.

As far as UFOs are concerned, the UFO phenomenon gets along quite nicely its own without requirement for aliens. We don't know what UFOs are. This doesn't mean aliens are, or are not responsible. UFOs are an unknown and may be attributable to a whole wide variety of different currently unexamined phenomenon.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Drucilla? Where on earth do you come up with such nonsense? Is there a "special" book of this stuff? Of course this doesn't explain Betty Hill

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Here are some Amazing Stories covers going back to 1926:

AMAZING STORIES COVERS

There are a few aliens tucked away here and there that add up to "greys."

Throw in some basic babies/skeletons/scary old people and you've got your grey aliens.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Here's one perspective on the Hill case:
The Pied Pipers of the CIA

Whereas Adamski and Menger were used if not paid by the CIA for their claims, the Hills have always been above any such suspicion; they were, like most of the other abductees, model US citizens. However, the circumstances surrounding the Hills' experience reveal a very sinister story. It is clear that the Hills were being monitored by USAF Intelligence before the encounter took place, through Major James MacDonald, who had befriended them some time earlier. Betty Hill wrote to Donald Keyhoe who, despite the fact that he received over a hundred letters a day, homed in on this initially unremarkable case. (At that stage, the Hills remembered only the UFO sighting, not the abduction.) Within 24 hours, Keyhoe had arranged for the Hills to be visited by top-level scientists, including C.D. Jackson, who had previously (definitely not coincidentally) worked on psychological warfare techniques for President Eisenhower. Stretching coincidence far beyond breaking point, Jackson already knew Major MacDonald, with whom he next interviewed the Hills. Most importantly, it was Jackson who drew the Hills' attention to their missing time period; until he did so, the couple had not realised that their memories of that fateful night were incomplete. It was Jackson who suggested hypnotic regression as a means of unlocking it. It was Jackson who then arranged for one of the Army's top psychiatric experts to undertake the regression (as if a civilian expert was not available?), under which the full story of the joint abduction “emerged”. However, as many researchers have since demonstrated, a careful review of the timings actually shows that there was no missing time at all.

It seems that Betty and Barney Hill were at the centre of a web that involved USAF Intelligence and top military experts in psychological warfare. The evidence suggests that the Hills were the subjects – victims – of a psychological experiment. This may seem a tall claim, but the evidence that defence and intelligence agencies undertook such experiments – in other contexts – on unknowing and innocent subjects in the 1950s and 60s is now overwhelming. In particular, the exposure of the CIA's notorious MKULTRA project into various mind control techniques caused a major scandal in the 1970s. It is a disturbing thought that the Hills may have been selected for the experiment because they were – unusually for that time – a mixed-race couple, who were furthermore active in the civil rights movement. In short, they were ideal candidates to be “practiced upon”, for they were part of a target group. Only the Hills are able to state what impact their abduction story and subsequent UFO fame had on them, specifically whether they were able to devote any or as rigorous time to their civil right activities or whether the claims made about them regarding these abductions caused their reputation as civil right activists any harm. No doubt, trying to answer the latter question must have been part of the psychological experiment that was practiced upon this couple.

Even if this perspective is not entirely accurate, it certainly points out some conspicuously suspicious coincidences regarding the case that would have greater likelihood for attribution due human agency as opposed to interstellar beings.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Small bodies because of reduced physical labor do to technology with large heads for larger brains was how many people speculated aliens would appear, add to that the lack of imagination to come up with something beyond a humanoid body thier you have it. It also the same vision many people had of how humans look in the future.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by dowot

When I say mass communication, I mean how info worldwide is distributed like it is today. There were no abduction cases before this, if I remember correctly, they both had a high school level communication, Barney Hill even less (this was the 60's, segregation, so the average man of color didn't have the best education), so chances are they probably didn't read the Time Machine, and they both described the same type of being, so again, only logical explain action is it happened

Well no there was no Internet in 1963 but there was definitely already a "mass media".

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
It may be worth mentioning that space alien contact experiences can be replicated in the lab, entirely without the aid of aliens.
This would indicate the bulk of experiences being entirely subjective, psychological and internal in nature.

A fun little article exploring where we might get this alien grey imagery imprint from may be read here:
Close Encounters of the Facial Kind
This describes our earliest images of a human face as babies, the hard-wired facial recognition we're built with, and how these may be contributing factors in these space alien contact experiences.

The reason I don't buy into the Mother Hypothesis is because if Greys look like our mother did to us as babies, we wouldn't find their appearance so terrifying.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Something else regarding the Hill case that should be taken into account:

Any event or experience requiring Hypnotic Regression is immediately suspect.

Where are those Hypnotic Regression transcripts by the way? Are there complete recordings documented and available such we may discern the quality, integrity, and legitimacy of the sessions? Is there any record such that we can ensure without any doubts that there were no false memory implants, suggestions, psychic driving, or other potentially interesting military application experimental techniques taking place in these 'hypnotic regression' sessions conducted, suspiciously so, by military personnel and/or associates affiliated with such?

Reports of Hypnotic Regression do not add legitimacy to any claimed experience, but quite the opposite.
Any event requiring Hypnotic Regression is thus suspect.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The Greys grew out of people claiming alien abductions where real and happened to them and then TV shows and mystery shows where made about it as well as movies.
Little green men from Mars grew out of movies and myths and imagination.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Alien captured on film in 1930's Alaska.

The picture was taken in the early 1930s by the sender's grandfather, who lived in Alaska. The entitiy was first seen when the grandfather was on his way to a lake. He chased the entity until he got close enough to take this one picture. It was some four months before the photograph was developed, being in in a remote, sparsely populated area. The sender received the picture from his grandfather only last week. His grandfather died the day after giving him the photo, and relating his story.

The above picture and story has always intrigued me. Its just so weird and 1930! Jeeze...

Woops here is linky to story and pic. www.ufoevidence.org...

edit on 18-6-2013 by RUFFREADY because: linky for ya'all

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Well, that does make sense. But what about Whitley Strieber?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
All it really takes is for one story to go viral ad then that general description will stick.. I think the same of all mythical creatures ..

Where'd we get the idea of what fairies look like? or big foot? or chupacabra ..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Where did Tolkien get his idea of hobbits from? Like many other things, he got them from his own imagination.

Not saying greys aren't real, just saying that some people have very vivid imaginations. I don't think it'd be that hard for someone to make up a little grey space alien.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join