It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Magazine Rose El-Youssef - "Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrates Obama Administration"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
** that's the title from the article, not my title.

This magazine article comes from an Egyptian magazine and it claims that the Obama administration has six people who are tied to the Muslim Brotherhood working closely with Obama. I have provided a link to the original Egyptian magazine and an English translation. I am not endorsing this article nor am I condemning it. I'm providing it for people here to discuss. ATS ... confirm or debunk and/or comment as you wish.

Egyptian Magazine Says Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrates Obama Administration

The six named people include: Arif Alikhan, assistant secretary of Homeland Security for policy development; Mohammed Elibiary, a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council; Rashad Hussain, the U.S. special envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference; Salam al-Marayati, co-founder of the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC); Imam Mohamed Magid, president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA); and Eboo Patel, a member of President Obama’s Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships.

Egyptian Magazine Rose El-Youssef

English Translation of the Rose El-Youssef Article
Too much to give quotes from. It gives the background on the people mentioned in the above quote that are allegedly tied to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Info on the Investigative Project on Terrorism who provided translation

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I believe the record shows quite clearly, he's no Muslim. However..... His sympathies lay very clearly in that direction when a direction can be seen. I don't find the topic of the article surprising in the least. One of the closest advisers he has in life is an Iranian. Not by heritage...as we're all from somewhere in the family tree, but by birth. That is a bit disturbing to know, given the current state and direction of world tensions as well as open fighting our troops are a part of across several nations.

Just a hunch here...but I'm willing to bet you'd find his close circle within this category all share one specific side of Islamic Faith, too. Quite lopsided...I'm willing to bet.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Interesting. Though I would say its just foreign propaganda.

I would be me more concerned if the article said "John smith, a member of Obamas administration.. Blah blah" has ties to Muslim brotherhood.

Almost seems cliche to link a person with a name such a the ones listed, as the average person may go " humm that name sounds terroristy, damn Obama let them terrorists infiliate Merika"..

I would says its hard enough I get one ally into Obamas office let alone an entire team.

Next please..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Considering that Barry is now openly funding the sunni Muslim Brotherhood led FSA terrorists in Syria to help overthrow Assad, I wouldn't doubt it if he has some MB liasons in his administration.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Having people from the Muslim Brotherhood within his close circle of advisors may permit Obama a perspective on issues that a more traditional advisor lacks.

That being said, having connections (however much tenuous) that were responsible for the assassination of Sadat is not the smartest move to make.

SnF

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

And what ARE your thoughts on this article? Are you implying that you're completely neutral on a hit-piece that implicates Obama as a terrorist sympathizer? If so, I don't think you're fooling anyone. But it will get you a lot of flags and stars from the other Obama haters on the site. So, congrats on that.

The story is largely unsourced

Yeah. Pick a bunch of "scary-sounding" A-rab names, post a pic of Obama with his Muslim brother and voilà! You've got yourself the makings of an "Obama is a terrist!" hit-thread!

:shk:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And what ARE your thoughts on this article? Are you implying that you're completely neutral on a hit-piece that implicates Obama as a terrorist sympathizer? If so, I don't think you're fooling anyone. But it will get you a lot of flags and stars from the other Obama haters on the site. So, congrats on that.

Yeah. Pick a bunch of "scary-sounding" A-rab names, post a pic of Obama with his Muslim brother and voilà! You've got yourself the makings of an "Obama is a terrist!" hit-thread!

Obama hit pieces have to be parroted at all costs! It doesn't matter if the article is from the Onion or from some Egyptian Magazine littered with hearsay!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I believe I had opened a thread back in January 2013
Not sure if its the same magazine or article though.

ATS_THREAD

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Err... Hit piece? Obama Haters? If telling the truth as it's been reported now for most of his Presidency by a variety of sources is hateful? The man himself needs to ask why that is, precisely. It's not those of us out here reading and remembering the reports who hold the hate in sharing the information.

If more than one source might be helpful though...It just so happens I have an archive of a few dozen diverse source links on this topic, too.

From 2011:

The Muslim Brotherhood gets a PR makeover from the Obama administration

Obama Administration: Room for Muslim Brotherhood in reformed Egyptian government

Frank Gaffney: Muslim Brotherhood Is Waging ‘An Influence Operation Against The Conservative Movement’

From 2012:

Muslim Brotherhood Wields Big Influence in Obama Administration

and from April of this year...

Louie Gohmert: 'Muslim Brotherhood Members' Have 'Influence' In Obama Administration (VIDEO)

His appearance, if nothing else, of a conflict of interest to the job he's chosen to perform is not opinion as much as a matter of public record. It runs across a number of years and dozens of individual actions, appointments and policy decisions to support how people come to see it that way. He made his bed.....Now he may sleep in it. Not a very comfy spot when people are starting to really notice and pay attention to these things, IMO.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I personally do not see nothing negative in president having some muslims as advisors. Larger majority of Muslims are peaceful people... There are several reasons why there is a need of them in the advisory.

1) Problems in the Middle East involve several Muslim nations. When dealing with them in diplomatic relations trying to find a peaceful middle way, one needs to understand the culture well. Many things can be considered disrespect. For example, a good friend of mine was trying to deal with Muslim comapny from Saudi-Arabia. He asked the head of the company about his family, just a common courtesy round here, there it is considered disrespect, such matters are private. He lost the deal because of that question...

2) Dealing with local Muslim community also requires respect. There are many muslims in US, most of them hard-working legal non-criminal citizens. After all religion is free to choose. There have been cases with extreme muslims, although there needs to be found a way not to label every muslim as terrorist and not to insult their religion. It is the same as labelling every person with mental health into a psycho/terrorist, because some have performed extreme actions... As many believe, US is a land of freedom, there is freedom for religion, freedom of speech. which means people with different beliefs should be respected, not discriminated based on their beliefs.

3) They might have connections with Muslim Brotherhood The influence of that organisation on the Islamic World is huge, which means staying peaceful with them is necessary. Having connections is a good way of understanding the brotherhood better and finding better ways to deal with them while not causing any problems.

I do not see any problem in President of multicultural nation having advisories from the minority groups. It is necessary to have different perspectives and people who belong in the minorities have clearer picture of their group than other non-minority people. The best way to get Islamic perspective on things, is talking directly to people whose religion is Islam... easy.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I think we can all agree this is garbage,I hope.

I wasn't on here during the Bush administration, was there a lot of threads on him?

Did you make threads on Bush?

I would imagine there was lots of conspiracies about Bush. Did you defend him despite his lies?

I see scandal after scandal involving Obama, he is a lying snake whom (like Bush did) deserves impeachment.

Why do you defend him? Why would you care about anything someone says about a man who stole your vote with lies?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Considering that Barry is now openly funding the sunni Muslim Brotherhood led FSA terrorists in Syria to help overthrow Assad, I wouldn't doubt it if he has some MB liasons in his administration.

Yeah... I was wondering about this.

Here, the Muslim Brotherhood succeeded in gaining power in Egypt.

The New York Times: Muslim Brotherhood (Egypt)

Here, the Muslim Brotherhood is aiming to overtake Assad (and Obama is supporting them, although I don't know why)

Foreign Policy: How the Muslim Brotherhood Hijacked Syria's Revolution

The Muslim Brotherhood openly states it wants, as part of its goal, to run secular governments in a religious manner.

The Brotherhood's stated goal is to instill the Qur'an and Sunnah as the "sole reference point for ...ordering the life of the Muslim family, individual, community ... and state."

Our actions over in the Middle East have caused the Muslim Brotherhood to gain power.

After the fall of the Saddam Hussein regime in 2003, the Islamic Party has reemerged as one of the main advocates of the country's Sunni community. The Islamic Party has been sharply critical of the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq, but participates in the political process.

Some Muslims point to the Muslim Brotherhood as being a problem.

The Interior Minister of Saudi Arabia, Prince Naif Ibn Abdul Aziz has stated that the Muslim Brotherhood organization was the cause of most problems in the Arab world. 'The Brotherhood has done great damage to Saudi Arabia,' he said.

Wikipedia: Muslim Brotherhood

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Well, when you lay it all out like this^^,
It almost seems like President Obama is a man with a mission.

edit on Tue Jun 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: replaced LARGE quote with REPLY TO Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Is anything not more obvious, have been posting this for some time. Except its not that the Brotherhood has infiltrated. Its that the Brotherhood was pumped up by Hitler and the Nazi's as a tool and they are CIA.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Simple case of attacking the messenger, or nefarious obama loving hoo--ha?

Obama might have some links to terrorist organizations; it's a story the OP has brought to our attention.. Is it true? Maybe, maybe not..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
He's been 'working with' the muslim brotherhood a long time.

thehill.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Aiding terrorists in Libya,in Egypt, and now Syria

That's a trifecta of the next decade of war much like what Charlie Wilson did in the 80s.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, no kidding, and funny you mention Charlie Wilson. I never did see the movie but I read the book. Talk about all the best intentions paving the road to a very hot and unhappy future. He helped win a war ...only for us all to find, it was but a battle or campaign in a much broader war than they imagined at the time.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And had Wilson and the US stayed out of Afghanistan would the past decade happened.

If the Russians won.

Something I ponder. also the road to hell are paved with best intentions.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I don't think you're fooling anyone. But it will get you a lot of flags and stars from the other Obama haters on the site. So, congrats on that.

Yeah .. like I"m a star and flag hoarder. :shk: Knock it off. How about you give addressing the subject a try instead of attempting to throw mud at a NEUTRAL opening post.

:shk: Right back atchya.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Err... Hit piece? Obama Haters?

That's the old fall back of O-Bots. If anyone posts something that could be considered negative towards Obama, then that person is supposedly a 'hater'.
It's an attempt at deflection on their part and a failure by them to address the issues in the opening post article.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join