It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Obama Energy Boondoggle...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by macman

The Free market would work, if Govt and Progressives would get their grubby little hands out of it.

edit on 18-6-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

The ONLY reason the government had to intervene in the first place way back when, was because it did NOT work.

You guys really don't like facts, do you?

I'd rather have a president who invests in clean renewable energy than one who does not. No matter how successful the investments are.

Seriously?

You know every single 'clean renewable' product is made by fossil fuels because none deliver the energy required to produce them?

I don't want a president to blows my money on crap companies should be investing in themselves.
edit on 18-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The Free market would work, if Govt and Progressives would get their grubby little hands out of it.

The ONLY reason the government had to intervene in the first place way back when, was because it did NOT work.

I'd rather have a president who invests in clean renewable energy than one who does not. No matter how successful the investments are.

Oh, so what exactly was broken, due to the free market?
I can't wait to hear this answer.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Seriously?

You know every single 'clean renewable' product is made by fossil fuels because none deliver the energy required to produce them?

I don't want a president to blows my money on crap companies should be investing in themselves.
edit on 18-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

That's because we're still in the research phase.

Advancements in renewable energy are just not financially sound investments, due to the nature of the product. It's really the one thing we need the government to invest in, because other people won't. Getting off of fossil fuels is a good long term investment, even if it's not good financially.
I imagine you're one of those people who would take 20 dollars today, rather than 100 dollars in a week.

And last I checked, I paid taxes and have some say in where that money goes. This is a big nation and your opinion isn't the only one.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You don't know a thing about history, do you?

That's a big subject and I have better things to do today than give you a history lesson.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

That's because we're still in the research phase.

Research phase?

'renewable' energy is as old as civilization itself hell what most people recognize as renewable technology today is 50 years old so that's one hell of a 'research phase.

Yet the only energy source that has propelled mankind to it's current state is fossile fuel because it is cheap.

This is a big nation and your opinion isn't the only one.

That does work both ways.

Fine go right ahead and pay for it as already stated would rather have those companies foot the expense.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by xuenchen

The "oversight" was all part of the plan. The con company got more MONEY.

So Obama, personally, set this up to fail, so he'd look bad?

I award you the gold medal in mental gymnastics.

This is testimony that government bailouts of private companies are sometimes a waste of taxpayer monies. If the company is unsuccessful, how does the money get repaid? It was a bad govt loan. It is very similar to govt loans to people who then default on their home mortgage loans. Then we have massive bailouts on institutions who got stuck with the bad loans and the whole credit default mess.
The problem here is not that private is better or worse than public but that public bailing out private is horrible.

Private enterprise is always a risk, but public bailouts are an equal risk. Why would the govt risk public money for something like this? This admin has been trying to push green energy for a deeper reason....it's the Green Agenda

www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com...

www.green-agenda.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

That's a big subject and I have better things to do today than give you a history lesson.

Oh why don't you just give it a whirl anyway. I'd love to hear your take.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You don't know a thing about history, do you?

So basically your retort is a whole lot of nothing.

Don't you have a house to haunt? Instead of offering nothing but empty thoughts here.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You mean "Unsuccessful".

SO, you are all for waste and abuse in Govt spending. At least we all know where you stand. Big Govt, Big Taxes and Big Wastes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join