It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Checking Out Website

page: 1

join
share:
LL1

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Terrorist seem to be interested in a website, and may have been nosing
around the Web site for the Yucca Mountain project,
possibly planning for a raid on radioactive waste shipments.
KLAS-TV, Las Vegas, NV said a volunteer group that monitors radical Islamic
Internet activity noticed a Hamas Web site included a link to the
State of Nevada's site, which in turn led to a report on Yucca Mountain,
the location of a planned national repository for nuclear waste.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
wow. thats kind of scary. but i dont think that the terrorists, if they stole radioactive material, would get too far considering our homeland security. i bet they would have air force jets and helicopters out there tracking them within the hour of them stealing the stuff.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by denseuno]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You are awfully confident in our homeland security.

This is the same homeland security that allowed Cat Stevens who was on the terror watch list, to board a plane, and the plane took off.

Then, in a moment of amazing security, they rerouted the plane, and banished Cat Stevens from US Soil.

This is the same homeland security that hassled Ted Kennedy at an airport.

Ted Kennedy doesn't exactly fit the profile...but whatever.

The point is, I think you are a little too optimistic, but we'll see.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

I've re-entered our country many times for overseas since 9/11. I was scanned for radioactive material, x-rayed 4 times, metal detected, hand searched, bags were manually searched while I watched, I was interogated extensively.

And I'm American.

I'm very confident in our homeland security.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm very confident in our homeland security.

Then I'd suggest never doing a search on the amount of "missing" nuclear material of the US or other nuclear powers....

As your sense of security will then falter a bit...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

This is the same homeland security that allowed Cat Stevens who was on the terror watch list, to board a plane, and the plane took off.

Then, in a moment of amazing security, they rerouted the plane, and banished Cat Stevens from US Soil.

Cats Stevens or Yusuf Islam as he is called now, boarded a plane in London that was diverted before he ever got where he wanted to go.

How do you expect them to stop people from getting on planes in London?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I find it interesting that bloggers are getting visited by the secret service for entries in their blogs, but Homeland Security seem to unable to have sensitive information removed from the internet.

:From linked story

KLAS said federal Homeland Security officials asked the state to remove the Yucca report; however, state officials denied such a request had been made.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What I'm saying is, they are getting the wrong people...so mathematics tells me that some of the right people are getting on planes without any problems at all.

It's just a matter of time...

[edit on 7-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

This is the same homeland security that hassled Ted Kennedy at an airport.

Ted Kennedy doesn't exactly fit the profile...but whatever.

The point is, I think you are a little too optimistic, but we'll see.

i may be optimistic, but isnt that better than being pecimistic about this sort of situation? sure i would be thinking otherwise if a homemade dirty bomb exploded over my head made from stolen radioactive gloves and peices of plexiglass taken from a nuclear "dump" but for now i will belive that if something as significant as radioactive material is stolen (by terrorists at that) that we are going to be on thier @$$es lickity-spit.

top topics

join