It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I time traveled with my mind and changed reality around me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I assume you have one of these.

Go to it.

Insert your face and breath deeply.

Thanks in advance, will be sure to clip out your obituary and flush it down mine in memory of your contributions to this wonderful community.

I'm not so worried about the op after reading this. Talk about a potty mouth.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
gee i see the mental illness stigma is strong with you all, .

No. Mental illness is a serious illness. It's nothing to laugh at. And it isn't something that is the fault of the person suffering from it. HOWEVER, the truth of the matter is that the 'reality' for a person with mental illness many times simply isn't reality at all. The brain just creates feelings and visuals and memories .... but that doesn't make them real. They are just chemical stimulations in the brain of the mentally ill person.

Stating that we don't believe what you experienced is reality but is instead imagined due to mental illness, doesn't mean that someone is making fun of your illness or that you are thought of in a lesser manner. It just means that what you think is real .. simply is not.

Side note .... three years ago I was misdiagnosed and given some powerful anti-fungal chemo drugs. They caused me to see geometric shapes with sparkly comet tails on them dive bombing me in my bedroom. But the fact of the matter is ... they weren't really there. Even though my brain and eyes said they were real ... they simply were not. It's the same with mental illness and the hallucinations that you are experiencing. You seriously think they are real ... but they are not. That's not a smear against you or your illness .... it's just stating the truth of the matter.

I hope the best for you. My advice ... seek an MD who can help with your chemical imbalances.
Good luck.

edit on 6/20/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Why on earth would the brain turn on itself and start telling itself to kill itself, what the hell sense does that make.

Chemical imbalances. It's just that simple. The imbalances make for a sick mind that misfires. The body does it all the time. Look at autoimmune disease. The body is literally killing itself.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

its not a chemical imbalance when i hear the clicks and feel the implants placed in my head and body after ive disabled the old ones. I honestly believe the psychotronics in me and the squeezing the brain caused me to experience or cause a major reality shift.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

nice, Worlock is my favorite track by skinny puppy friend. Ive heard almost all their tracks. Love the new one but with my condition its too intense.

You weren't supposed to know that.

BUT, that's not the only part I stole.
The first sentence was in my words, but the middle was from the 'West Of Memphis' documentary, that I had just watched a couple days ago.
( West Memphis 3 )

One brief scene showed Eddie Vedder reading a letter that Damion Echols had written while still on death row, which was as follows....

"The thing I like most about time, is that it's not real; it's all in the head.
There's no such thing as the past; it exists only in the memory.
There's no such thing as the future; it exists only within our imagination.
If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is 'Now'
."

It wasn't until after I had posted that↑, when it just kinda hit me all of a sudden.
( 'Aaahhh, ok. I get it now. That's what Charlie was saying in that sample/quote)

edit on 6/21/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

when i was first put in the hospital

the voices were so bad i tried anything to stop them

sitting in front of the tv in the psych ward

My voices said something like "get ready for something big".

my voices kept telling me

All im left with is the knowledge i discovered something big, something perhaps the ancients knew about.

Or... that you were in the psych ward for a reason?

This is what I am going with as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
blah blah blah everbody, i figured out how i was rigged. If you dont believe, continue to have your thoughts monitored by a shadowy group of mind control freaks, otherwise, re-read what ive said too many times here. To my torchurers, i found your last connection, and pooped on it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
plz stay on your medication.

If you don't have medication get some.

It is nothing to be ashamed of.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you all not listen, im arguing that schizophrenia is JOKE, A FRIGGIN STUPID LIE. Its all induced hallucinations and pain and voices. Why on earth would the brain turn on itself and start telling itself to kill itself, what the hell sense does that make. Schizophrenia is a term made by fascist pricks, lets kill that term like we slaughtered the nazis.

www.newscientist.com - Schizophrenics see through hollow-mask illusion ...

In the study, volunteers were monitored in an fMRI (functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scanner as they looked at photos. Some of these were normal pictures of faces, but others had been inverted as in the hollow-mask illusion. All the participants with schizophrenia could distinguish between the two types of photos, whereas control volunteers without the condition were fooled 99 per cent of the time.

Shizophrenia is real. It's a break in executive function. Ironically, you DO see some things as they truly are. But you lose a lot of the executive control which is not good.

The video below demonstrates the illusion:

edit on 18-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Everybody has a default psyche in a given society, maybe some small differences here and there but nothing considered major. If a psyche exhibits signs of it not running on default parameters then such a psyche is labelled as defective when it is not in line with group thinking or called genius if the group benefits because of it, afterall there is only one default psyche, we are all human so one size should fit all, why would anyone want to change the default parameters.

In reality nobody really knows how to really cure someone of mental ideas which give problems to the psyche. Doctors try to comfort people by convincing them they know and many people take it as a religion to comfort them. Drugs might not work at all, it's just make believe and for some patients they believe it solved all their problems while they were the ones using their mental powers to affect change and bend the negative to the positive, anyone can do that but in the default psyche an immaterial reason (an idea) is needed so it's not such a bad thing to fool the patient into believing that reason can be material.

Once it goes wrong, there's just nobody that can cure but the sufferer him/herself maybe with comforting and a nurturing environment, in which people with schizophrenia have another bad luck since the media appears to blurt out stigma's and also the readers of that media want to believe it is like that because then it can be compartimentalized, put away in a dark corner of the mind where it's not an active threat anymore in daily life to consider. Most importantly those fears can be controlled now that it has a face.

Someone goes nuts, no need to figure out the reasons why, that is a process which costs community time and money, just say it's an chemical imbalance, a fluke, an incident, something rare to happen, whatever reason it was or why that person became like that, no need to change and do anything about it.
edit on 29/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've gone sane.

It is much much worse.

And since no-one is sane these days, they all think I'm crazy.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Now we're all carbon based here, in this ocean universe, and carbon under gravity or pressure becomes a diamond. i'm not sure that becoming a diamond is actually a good thing, it doesnt feel Light As A Feather, Guilt Free or Angel Wings.

That sounds nice, the soul under worldly pressures becomes indestructible and beautiful in appearance like a diamond which can only shine and look beautiful, evidence life's problems can be overcome.

And those who just live out their lives superficially are akin to the lesser gems, which is only obvious after the ride otherwise people would choose to spiritually evolve for the wrong reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join